PDA

View Full Version : Can you work without something stuck in your ears?

crayola
23-May-09, 00:22
My best pal thinks the younger generation need to have something stuck in their ears before they can do anything. They can't walk without it and they can't work without it. It doesn't matter whether they have white cables dangling from their ears or black cables, she claims they can't walk or work without them.

Can you work without something stuck in your ears?

Vistravi
23-May-09, 00:34
It really depends on the mood i'm in. I like listening to my mp4 player most days when walking to work but there are days when i'm not in the mood for it. Takes me 15 to 20 mins to get to my work on foot and i find listening to music helps the time to go by a bit faster.
As for working with earphones in nope. I can't anyway due to the nature of my job but i do find when i need to concentrate on something sometimes music to drown out noises such as my partner playing the xbox helps. (you can hear his xbox opposite end of the house as if you're in the same room as it and thats with the bass as low as it can get:eek:) This technique helped me get through the last of my college work of my last course wiht no interuptions as i couldn't hear what anyone was saying to me and the music became background noise.
But i get what youre friend means, the teens now just seem to have ear phones in all the time or their music blaring from elsewhere. Can't understand it to be honest.

crayola
23-May-09, 00:43
But i get what youre friend means, the teens now just seem to have ear phones in all the time or their music blaring from elsewhere. Can't understand it to be honest.
Oops, I forgot to say why she said what she said.....

I was working with something stuck in my ears and she said I was as bad as all the youngsters. :lol:

I've been walking to work this week too and having something stuck in my ears really does make a difference. I walk a lot faster and woe betide anyone who gets in my way. :lol:

tomacomen
23-May-09, 01:10
if im doing stuff that requires little thought, i.e working on the bike, doing odd jobs about the house and computer work then ill have the heedfones in. If im stuck doing some uni work thats maths based, then im deep in thought and need silence!

joxville
23-May-09, 11:21
Carrots carrots carrots. I can't work without having carrots stuck in my ears. I did try potatoes but they were the wrong shape. :Razz

ShelleyCowie
23-May-09, 22:43
I always carry my Zune around with me! My fancy wee contraption! ;)

Use it when im walking or doing house work! Love music. If im cooking its usually on too. Or i get the black box out so my OH can hear it too, and Athrun can have a wee booooogie!! lol.

But headphones are usually glued to my lugs! :D

joxville
23-May-09, 23:03
What on earth is a Zune? :eek: On second thoughts, please don't tell me-I really don't want to know.

Vistravi
23-May-09, 23:30
Umm what is a Zune??

Nae idea either and i'm the same age as you shelley:lol:

crayola
23-May-09, 23:45
Carrots carrots carrots. I can't work without having carrots stuck in my ears. I did try potatoes but they were the wrong shape. :Razz
You have to slice them into chips first you silly boy. :lol:

Carrots are far too big and heavy for ears.

crayola
23-May-09, 23:50
Umm what is a Zune??

It's Microsoft's version of the iPod.

joxville
23-May-09, 23:53

I'm not allowed to use knives.

<must ignore the voices>
<must ignore the voices>
<must ignore the voices>
<must ignore the voices>
<must ignore the voices>
<must ignore the voices>
<must ignore the voices>
<must ignore the voices>

crayola
24-May-09, 00:23
Buy ready sliced chips then. :lol:

joxville
24-May-09, 08:56
No, they're not healthy.

Dadie
24-May-09, 20:55
I like peace and quiet.
Music just distracts me.

scorrie
24-May-09, 21:34
Most MP's seem to be unable to work without their Head stuck up their "ears"

Apology for the spelling mistake ;)

ShelleyCowie
24-May-09, 21:53
What on earth is a Zune? :eek: On second thoughts, please don't tell me-I really don't want to know.

Umm what is a Zune??

At least Crayola knows what am on about!

They have not been released in the UK yet. I bought my OH the limited edition Halo Zune for xmas a few years back and it was a whopping £500! Well worth it though.

Mines is pink!

Just look one up on ebay!

crayola
28-May-09, 11:40
No, they're not healthy.
You don't have to eat them and anyway I wouldn't recommend it after they've been in your ears for a few hours. :eek:

At least Crayola knows what am on about!

They have not been released in the UK yet. I bought my OH the limited edition Halo Zune for xmas a few years back and it was a whopping £500! Well worth it though.

Mines is pink!

Just look one up on ebay!I only knew because I wondered about getting one recently. I've never seen one.

ShelleyCowie
28-May-09, 12:43
I only knew because I wondered about getting one recently. I've never seen one.

Go for it! they are definetely worth it. I carry my zune everywhere. My OH takes his everywhere too. :D

I recently had to buy new headphones tho because my kitten decided to play with them and chew them to pieces lol.

And they charge pretty fast. Can also connect them to an xbox 360 (if u have one) to charge it!

Olin
28-May-09, 13:27
Maybe your friend is so old that they never had the opportunity to have such things as mp3's in their ears at all times?

To be fair I do actually work better when i have some of the music I like listening to playing in the background, not in my ears, than if it were some atrocity like Celine Dion

TBH
28-May-09, 13:55
Carrots carrots carrots. I can't work without having carrots stuck in my ears. I did try potatoes but they were the wrong shape. :RazzI thought you always had Hopi candles stuck in your ears?[lol]

joxville
28-May-09, 18:41
I thought you always had Hopi candles stuck in your ears?[lol]

Not when I'm working. Or sleeping. Or in the shower. Or shopping.:roll:

Gene Hunt
28-May-09, 19:05
I can't work WITHOUT something stuck in, or more accurately on, my ears. I could try hearing/talking to the pilots without a headset but it would take a couple of tins and the worlds biggest ball of string, a loudhailer the size of a small country or the worlds loudest voice. Dont have any of them.

I only listen to my Ipod when I am running, I spend a large part of my life with people wittering away in my ears and I need to protect my hearing.