PDA

View Full Version : So chuffed

unicorn
20-May-09, 17:36
I was out today and got caught in the rain, needless to say I was soaked through. I saw a council lorry coming towards me by the dammies and settled myself for a bit more of a soaking as I pushed the pram.
To my delight and surprise the driver actually pulled over a bit to the other side of the road to pass me so he did not make me wetter :D
So to that lovely council lorry driver I say a big thank you for being so thoughtful. :D

Gene Hunt
20-May-09, 18:04
Must have been a woman driving as no man shirks from soaking a hapless pedestrian. If it was a man he must be ignored as the traitorous wimp he truly is.

Its just payback for all those time when brain donor pavement plodders run out even when the lights are at green and expect you to stop. Seeing as I cant legally run them down I will settle for a darn good soaking of their brethren. There is nothing like soaking a hapless pedestrian with a muddy puddle. Its like getting a glimpse of lacy bra strap when the woman is unaware, it just makes you smile for hours after and gives you that ready brek glow all over .. its smashing. The anticipation on the approach is bettered only by the indignation visible in the rear view mirror.

I like to acclerate and pull in a little bit and ensure the water jets off the kerb at high speed.This ensures a small splash area with a high density of water, if the pedestrian looks like someone has emptied a cup of cold hot choclate over their head you have succeded. If not then circle back and have another go .. whats the harm ?? .. they are wet already .. [evil]

upolian
20-May-09, 18:23
woman cant drive the swerve was probably her doing her make up in the mirror

Invisible
20-May-09, 19:15
woman cant drive the swerve was probably her doing her make up in the mirror

or thinking about buying yet another pair of shoes :Razz

Venture
20-May-09, 19:37
I was out today and got caught in the rain, needless to say I was soaked through. I saw a council lorry coming towards me by the dammies and settled myself for a bit more of a soaking as I pushed the pram.
To my delight and surprise the driver actually pulled over a bit to the other side of the road to pass me so he did not make me wetter :D
So to that lovely council lorry driver I say a big thank you for being so thoughtful. :D

Well unicorn I'm glad that one of the few genuinely thoughtful members of the male species crossed your path today. There's not much evidence of many of them being around here at the moment.:roll:

annthracks
20-May-09, 21:45
I always drive slowly through puddles - I believe it's against the law to deliberately soak someone.

unicorn
20-May-09, 22:05
I was actually told this tonight. I was not aware that it was against the law until now.

alex
20-May-09, 22:12
I always drive slowly through puddles - I believe it's against the law to deliberately soak someone.
I got arrested for soaking someone once.

It was a police road block at Kafue Turnpike in Zambia and it was raining. I accidentally splooshed water all over the officer's trousers and was then forced to stand outside my vehicle for half an hour in the rain to make up for my rudeness. I could have paid a bribe and gone on my way but had principles in those days...

Julia
20-May-09, 22:57

I believe it carries a fine of up to £1000 :eek:

percy toboggan
21-May-09, 07:39

Indeed it is, and rightly so.
Those infantile types who like to make a big splash - I grew out of this by the time I was eighteen - are bad enough and will not realise the temporarily deterimental effects their tactics can have on the braking efficiency of their vehicles. To deliberately saturate a fellow citizen for the sake of a cheap laugh is obnoxious behaviour.

Unicorn: I'm pleased your parallel puddle experience coincided with a Knight of the Road - there are many. I once had no alternative but to drench a bloke by the side of the road...to do otherwise would have written off an overtaking saloon car and it's driver. I stopped my vehicle and offered profuse apologies to the pedestrian who accepted my mitigation in good spirits.

The behaviour you highlight is not unique...there are many caring people out there who do not want to inflict misery upon others.

unicorn
21-May-09, 17:33
Well sadly today some yahoo in a light green metalic vecta absolutely soaked me and the double buggy I had with me, sadly he was going too fast for me to get his number :roll: oh well.....

Bazeye
22-May-09, 12:52

His Bank Manager and a bigger puddle werent on the opposite side of the road were they?

lynne duncan
22-May-09, 20:13
i own up to really enjoying splashing in puddles whether way the car or not, though i do restrain myself if i think folk would get sploshed, (even known myself to go round the block and wait to they get out of the way) "will grow up someday!!!!"