PDA

View Full Version : unfair

majic
19-May-09, 12:04
Do you the this was unfair?
You have been working at a place for a few months and you turn up at the start of your week to be told we dont need you anymore and sends you home.
(you have done nothing wrong maybe a bit slower than the other workers)

joxville
19-May-09, 12:09
Without knowing the full circumstances it's difficult to make a judgement. Having said that, it happened to me once but that was because the place I worked just suddenly closed, no warnings whatsoever.

Katy
19-May-09, 12:22
Maybe worth speaking to C.A.B they might be able to tell you if they are allowed to do this or not...seems very unfair. Did you have a contract with them?
They could have at least given you notice rather than sending you straight home without an explantation.
Hope you manage to find something else soon.
Katy x

majic
19-May-09, 12:24
The place isnt closed infact it is taking on more poeple they have just taken on a new contract.

majic
19-May-09, 12:26
Maybe worth speaking to C.A.B they might be able to tell you if they are allowed to do this or not...seems very unfair. Did you have a contract with them?
They could have at least given you notice rather than sending you straight home without an explantation.
Hope you manage to find something else soon.
Katy x

It wasnt me but someone that i know. I just found it very mean to do that.

Katy
19-May-09, 12:28
I'd defo tell them to go to C.A.B they are very helpful in there and will tell them there rights.
It is very unfair esp if they are now taking on more staff....
Katy xx

PAH26
19-May-09, 12:43
I was paid off along with several other people when I worked in Homebase in 2006, apparently because they said they didn't need so many staff for the winter time and personally they didn't think I was that interested in working there (to be honest I hated it!!), but yet within a week they were advertising for more staff!! [evil] Seems they like to have a good weed out every now and then of those who they think aren't fully committed or pulling their weight. But why lie and say they are over-staffed when they clearly aren't? They don't seem to care that much about their employees.

Tighsonas4
19-May-09, 12:47
I'd defo tell them to go to C.A.B they are very helpful in there and will tell them there rights.
It is very unfair esp if they are now taking on more staff....
Katy xx
defenitely see cab about this as employing someone in your place needs a full explansion. full time and parttime workers can come into different categories but needs explaining tony

Kodiak
19-May-09, 12:49
You have been working at a place for a few months and you turn up at the start of your week to be told we dont need you anymore and sends you home.

This sounds very familiar to me, so much so I even think I know what company you are talking about.

All I can say is this. If you have been working for them for less than 12 momths then you are not covered for being unfairly dismissed. Also if it is the company I think it is then they have also got you by saying that you were classed a Temp.

I personally know of at least 3 other people that this has happened to, with varying resons being told to them, but all were dismissed within 12 months of starting. They all tried for unfair dismassal and all failed, but this should not stop you from trying though.

sweetpea
19-May-09, 13:45
If it's someone young then could it be anything to do with the minimum wage. I have heard a number of stories of employers getting rid of people and replacing them with younger ones.

majic
19-May-09, 18:50
It was a full time eve/night job the company is advertising on the job page here. I do believe that someone else put a thread on here a while ago about this place after she left but it was removed.

Kevin Milkins
19-May-09, 19:07

Life itself can seem very unfair at times majic, however it's how you choose to deal with adversity that will give you a much better chance of bouncing back.

It is an employers market just now and most of them will choose to do whatever it takes to stay one step ahead of the game.

It's a bitter pill to swallow to learn that your best efforts have been in vain and you are not the person for the job and I agree that some employers could do better when letting staff go and replacing them, but beating yourself up is not the step foward.

Tomorrow is another day, so head down, arse up and crack on.

majic
19-May-09, 19:16
Life itself can seem very unfair at times majic, however it's how you choose to deal with adversity that will give you a much better chance of bouncing back.

It is an employers market just now and most of them will choose to do whatever it takes to stay one step ahead of the game.

It's a bitter pill to swallow to learn that your best efforts have been in vain and you are not the person for the job and I agree that some employers could do better when letting staff go and replacing them, but beating yourself up is not the step foward.

Tomorrow is another day, so head down, arse up and crack on.

I wasnt me im a lady of leisure but they could have gave him a week so he could try and find another job.
That last bit did make me laugh:))