PDA

View Full Version : why are some dog owners so thoughtless!!!

miller30
17-May-09, 11:35
Me and my husband were on Dunnett beach on thursday afternoon, with our 4 year old and 1 year old, we were sitting down with our bare feet in the sand as you do, also our son hadnt been to the beach before so this was a new experience for him. but i have to say not one that i as a mother liked as there were lots of people walking there dog's there as you do, (not that i minded the dogs) but i am afraid to say that i noticed 2 thoughtless dog owners letting there dogs dirty on the beach and one even had the neck to let there dog do this not 5 meters away from us, they didnt even bother to pick it up. After this i became a very overprotective mother making everyone put there shoes back on, not letting them run around as i was worried that they may step or fall in the muck.

It is such a shame that a few irresponsible dog owners spoil it for everyone, i was there wanting to let my children enjoy the nice weather (which doesnt happen that often), and to enjoy the freedom and fresh air.

I am not a dog owner myself but if i was then i would certainly pick it up, surely some of these people are mothers/fathers ect and wouldnt want their children stepping into it or falling in it.

so please dont make our beaches a total mess, please pick up your dogs buisness even if it is on the beach.![evil]

starry
17-May-09, 11:52
I have never understood why people don't pick up their dog dirt on the beach, of all places it is the most important and with the most likelyhood of people going barefeet as you say.

greenasiamcabbagelooking
17-May-09, 11:53
this topic will always rear it's ugly (turtles) head while there are thoughtless dog owners out there

didn't you or your husband say anything to the owners ?

the time for tutting is over, we need to take affirmative action :mad:

Shabbychic
17-May-09, 12:21
I agree totally about dog poo not being picked up, and think it's disgraceful that some dog owners are thoughtless in this regard, however, even without this, I still wouldn't let my children run barefoot on a beach. There are far greater dangers than dog poo on beaches, like broken glass and a variety of other sharp objects that could cut little feet. You just never know what lies beneath the surface of soft sand.

jings00
17-May-09, 12:25
totally agree, i have been out with my dog, seen another owner ready to walk off without picking up their dog poop, i offer them a green bag,,," oh are you needing a baggie??" lol..knowing full well they had no intention of picking it up, they do then though.

ANNIE
17-May-09, 12:32
I am dog owner and take my dog to Reiss beach and seen the same happen there even seen them kicking the sand over it which is worse. Now the beach is the easiest place to pick the poo up but what is the answer these people obviously dont care :(

Fluff
17-May-09, 13:13
Eugh that is so gross.

poppett
17-May-09, 13:19
I have done that too with the nappy sacks Jings. The dog owners faces are a treat.

unicorn
17-May-09, 15:46
I do think it is up to us responsible owners to show them up and offer them a bag.

arana negra
17-May-09, 16:44
Are there no laws about dogs not being allowed on the beaches in Scotland ? I know of some beaches in England when I was there that had an 'off limits' season for dogs on the beach and here in Spain they have, I think it is April to October. How well it is implemented I am not sure but when we have done the beach thing they do seem fairly free of rubbish. They have cleaners who bag the debris and it is collected later.

Dog anywhere is an eyesore, a health hazard as well as plain disgusting ! I am a dog owner who always carries a method of removal and clean up should it be needed.

maverick
17-May-09, 19:11
It's a real shame that the majority of dog owners generally clean up after their dogs, it's the minority who don't that gives us all a bad name, in saying that I remember on one occassion while walking along Reiss beach the mother who changed her child's nappy and just left it there to be taken by the next tide, and on another occassion the parents who left the Reiss beach car park with junior sitting on mummy's lap in the front of the car because there wasn't enough room in the back, or the children who after a day at the beach decide to bury their rubbish in the dunes instead of taking it home. There may be some irresponsible dog owners out there, but not as many as irresponsible parents. Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.....

JAWS
17-May-09, 22:15
Just be glad people don't walk elephants. :eek:

greenasiamcabbagelooking
18-May-09, 00:20
It's a real shame that the majority of dog owners generally clean up after their dogs, it's the minority who don't that gives us all a bad name, in saying that I remember on one occassion while walking along Reiss beach the mother who changed her child's nappy and just left it there to be taken by the next tide, and on another occassion the parents who left the Reiss beach car park with junior sitting on mummy's lap in the front of the car because there wasn't enough room in the back, or the children who after a day at the beach decide to bury their rubbish in the dunes instead of taking it home. There may be some irresponsible dog owners out there, but not as many as irresponsible parents. Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.....

did you say anything to these miscreants ?

some of these inconsiderates are too mentally challenged to realise they are doing anything wrong

that's why we all need to challenge this kind of behaviour.

if i was there, that mother would have been wearing that nappy as a hat

maverick
18-May-09, 06:48
did you say anything to these miscreants ?

some of these inconsiderates are too mentally challenged to realise they are doing anything wrong

that's why we all need to challenge this kind of behaviour.

if i was there, that mother would have been wearing that nappy as a hat

There is a saying ," an education is wasted on a fool". Another is ," you cant educate pork". If I was to approach the said parents, I would probably have been told to either mind my own business or where to go. the simple solution was to take out one of our nappy bags and remove said item from the shore. As for the parents with the child on their knee in the front of the car, well a collision at 30MPH on the road would probably result in a fatality, putting your foot in dog mess although unpleasant, you would most likely live. I like a lot of dog owners use Reiss beach, spring ,summer, autumn and winter, and do my best to clean up after myself where possible, most families just use the beach in the summer months when the weather is good, and you can tell when there has been a lot of activity going on by the amount of litter left behind. It would appear that dog owners are not the only irresponsible people around, people in general are very irresponsible...........

ywindythesecond
18-May-09, 07:03
Are there no laws about dogs not being allowed on the beaches in Scotland ? I know of some beaches in England when I was there that had an 'off limits' season for dogs on the beach and here in Spain they have, I think it is April to October. How well it is implemented I am not sure but when we have done the beach thing they do seem fairly free of rubbish. They have cleaners who bag the debris and it is collected later.

Dog anywhere is an eyesore, a health hazard as well as plain disgusting ! I am a dog owner who always carries a method of removal and clean up should it be needed.

The answer is yes there are laws and yes there is something we can do. Simply note the offending owner's registration number and leave a message at Highland Council Tec Services for the dog warden and she will follow it up. She can fine people who don't pick up on the strength of an identification by a member of the public. I cant find the direct number to call but dial 01955 607791 and they will put you through.

The Angel Of Death
18-May-09, 10:18
Question for you doggie owners one thing i always wondered if your dog has a dose of the trot's and the mess is on the "loose" side what are you supposed to do in that situation cause you obviously cant pick it up ?

Rheghead
18-May-09, 10:22
Question for you doggie owners one thing i always wondered if your dog has a dose of the trot's and the mess is on the "loose" side what are you supposed to do in that situation cause you obviously cant pick it up ?

That is actually covered by legislation. You are exempt from prosecution of dog fouling in those circumstances if you have attempted to clear it up and failed to do so fully or you have made a reasonable judgement that if you tried to clear it up then it may be hazardous to health etc. I'd like to see some case law on the interpretation of sloppiness though.

http://www.dogstrust.org.uk/information/factsheets/doglaw/scottishlaw/

GetWithTheTimes
18-May-09, 12:43
lol i am a dog owner and i pick it up if he messes in the street or outside my house or someone elses house but i aint picking up poop out at the beach or on long walks! the tide will wash it away.

i dont get when we as humans started to pocket dog turd lol the dogs must think we are right idiots lol i would think someone was an idiot if he bagged my poo after i was done

i agree with on the streets or if the dog messes near or in a play park or anywhere that is residential but i do not agree it should be picked up out in the country, there are plenty other animals that mess about the place but we dont go bagging it and binning it do we

and personally i think that the council should be picking it up off the street whats the point in paying street cleaners if we are being fined for dropping litter and dogs messing? they should pick it up CLEAN thats what they get paid for without us messy folks they would be out of work

people spit, flick snot, spit flem and pee on our streets and up against walls and lamp posts and benches around town but you still let you kids sit on the benches in parks dont you

people werent dropping like flies back in the day because of dirt but they are now because our bodies are so sterile our immune system cant cope next time you or a kid is ill leave it a couple of weeks before you run getting tablets from the doctor and you will help build up your immune system

c23102001
18-May-09, 14:40
You are a disgrace why should the people in the country have to put up with it if the people in town won't!!!!!!!!!!!!! I would rather my tax money paid for something better than poo pickers!!!! You shouldn't have a dog if this is your attitude!!!!!!

Kevin Milkins
18-May-09, 15:14
Who does the pooper scooping when a blind persons dog has a poo? :confused:roll:

cuddlepop
18-May-09, 15:41
You pick up as much sand,gravel or grass as you can along with the offending "runs" but you never get it all up.:(

GetWithTheTimes
18-May-09, 15:49
You are a disgrace why should the people in the country have to put up with it if the people in town won't!!!!!!!!!!!!! I would rather my tax money paid for something better than poo pickers!!!! You shouldn't have a dog if this is your attitude!!!!!!

why should people in the country have to put up with it hahahaha

newsflash there is a whole countryside full of animals dumping all around you and i assume you dont go picking up other animals poo like rabbits birds and fox's and CATS

do you follow your cat about and pick its poo up

people used to poo in the country long ago there is this thing called the weather right and it tends to rain and wash alot of stuff away and wash the poo into the ground where its been going for years!!! but of course its probably more natural to be using plastic bags which in the long run is worse for the planet than poo at least poo washes away plastic is there for years

poo is a fertilizer

and you wouldnt want to waste your taxes on poo pickers lol but you waste it on the council! the street sweepers could pick up poo they are going round the street anyway, i pick it up on the street but i dont see why the council cant do it, not like they get anything else done fast

i shouldnt have a dog coz i wont pick his poo up lol i pick it up off the street but i refuse to pick it up on a long walk

there are way more things pooing in the country that are more dangerous like rats so i dont feel the need to pick it up when i am on a long and there is loads of sheep or cow poo

where are all the people complaining about cow poo on the road from tractors its poo and sheep poo

where are the people complaining about bird poo just coz we all have houses and use toilet paper doesnt mean the whole world is like that its not like that in the wild animals poo in the open air wind in their bum and we used to aswell GET OVER IT

in residential areas fair enough loads of people walking there all the time going to work and what not but out in the country there are alot more animals pooing than my dog whats the difference???

The Angel Of Death
18-May-09, 15:56
Maybe we should all train our dogs to leave there "dog eggs" in a field then out of the way of others ?

GetWithTheTimes
18-May-09, 16:02
you all probably think im bad for thinking like this but thats just the way it is

im all for keeping the streets clean and what not but out in the country its the country poo everywhere so poo from some dogs aint gonna make much of a difference

and for the ones complaining coz they step in it then LOOK WHERE YOUR WALKING if you gonna take your dog a walk out in the country where you know other people walk dogs you should be aware there will be poo about and look same as you would look out for cow poo or other animals poo

Bazeye
18-May-09, 16:07
Not absolutely sure about this but isnt the fine more for dropping a cigarette butt than it is for dog fouling? I know which one Id rather step on.

Aaldtimer
18-May-09, 16:23
Perhaps GWTT should read this page:- http://aolsearch.aol.co.uk/aol/redir?src=websearch&requestId=97c65c72b1a47762&clickedItemRank=10&userQuery=toxicara&clickedItemURN=http%3A%2F%2Fthewatchers.us%2F4-1-Toxicara.html&title=4-1-%3Cb%3EToxicara%3C%2Fb%3E&moduleId=matchingsites.jsp.M&clickedItemPageRanking=10&clickedItemPage=1&clickedItemDescription=WebResults

Children don't always look where they are putting their feet, hence the specific danger of Dog dirt.

poppett
18-May-09, 16:44
Guide dogs are trained to use their own toilet space at home before going out to "work" for their owners, therefore there should never be a need for the owner to clear up poo outside.

I had two dogs, both trained in this way. On the odd occasion they needed to "go" when out they asked permission and went where they were taken into a corner and the mess then cleaned up. The older one would poo into a nappy sack if if was opened in a particular way and laid on the ground for him.

Geo
18-May-09, 17:01
They are exempt from the regulations.

annthracks
18-May-09, 17:15
GWTT: If I'm walking through fields, I'm alert to the fact there is going to be animal excrement on the ground and watch out for it. Therefore, if I tread in a cow pat or kick a few rabbit pellets, all of which consists of grass (digested and undigested), I've only myself to curse. If I'm walking on a beach or walk that is mainly used by PEOPLE I don't expect to have to watch every step so that I don't tread in some often sticky, foul smelling, worm infested dogs cr4p that it's inconsiderate owner has thoughtfully left for the weather to wash away.

Kevin Milkins
18-May-09, 18:53
you all probably think im bad for thinking like this but thats just the way it is

im all for keeping the streets clean and what not but out in the country its the country poo everywhere so poo from some dogs aint gonna make much of a difference

and for the ones complaining coz they step in it then LOOK WHERE YOUR WALKING if you gonna take your dog a walk out in the country where you know other people walk dogs you should be aware there will be poo about and look same as you would look out for cow poo or other animals poo

I don't think you are bad for thinking that way at all GWTT, mad perhaps, but not bad.;)

Sun Circle
18-May-09, 19:57
lol i am a dog owner and i pick it up if he messes in the street or outside my house or someone elses house but i aint picking up poop out at the beach or on long walks! the tide will wash it away.

The tide should not be treated as a waste-disposal system for lazy dog-owners. If the tide is coming in, it will wash the poo back up the beach and leave it stranded at the high water mark, or or if the tide is on the way out the excrement will sit on the beach all day until the tide comes back in, and likely drop it at the high-tide mark.

i agree with on the streets or if the dog messes near or in a play park or anywhere that is residential but i do not agree it should be picked up out in the country, there are plenty other animals that mess about the place but we dont go bagging it and binning it do we

Wild animals are not habitually taken by their owners to the beach (or Dunnet forest) every day with the specific intent of pooing in a public recreational area! There are plenty of wild animals in Dunnet Forest, but you rarely see any poo on the path except dog poo. And I can't say I've ever noticed any poo on the beach except dog, or maybe horse, but horse owners should be shovelling up too in my opinion!

Dogs and their owners are creatures of habit, and if they don't pick up then you end up with days and weeks of poo being deposited within a few hundred yards. It really is disgusting and not something that happens in nature. Its really bad when it happens on the street, but on the beach there are more likely to be barefooted kids about especially in the summer, so a bit of consideration for others would not go amiss.

and personally i think that the council should be picking it up off the street whats the point in paying street cleaners if we are being fined for dropping litter and dogs messing? they should pick it up CLEAN thats what they get paid for without us messy folks they would be out of work

Aye, messy and lazy - I'm not even going to bother with that pathetic argument.

people spit, flick snot, spit flem and pee on our streets and up against walls and lamp posts and benches around town but you still let you kids sit on the benches in parks dont you

people werent dropping like flies back in the day because of dirt but they are now because our bodies are so sterile our immune system cant cope next time you or a kid is ill leave it a couple of weeks before you run getting tablets from the doctor and you will help build up your immune system

I am all for a bit of dirt doing you no harm, building up natural immunity to your environment and all that, but in all honesty, would you actually eat dog poo? Because that is what these tiny tots will do. I guess you have not ever looked after a toddler. Maybe you don't realise that toddlers have very little control of where their feet land - they are only learning how to walk after all - even if they knew to avoid poo, they probably couldn't. And then once they are sitting, their feet are the most obvious plaything available and their hands are all over their shoes, indeed their shoes are often the nearest convenient teething tool if they fancy a chew. They get a healthy number of germs through their system without your dog's excrement adding to the mix.

Please clean up after yourself and your dog. No excuses. Your dog is not a wild animal, it is under your control and you are responsible for the mess it leaves behind.

ShelleyCowie
18-May-09, 23:32
Dog poo!!! [evil]

Me and my sister dropped her eldest child off at nursery today and as we were walking back with the prams (different route i took before) and it was full of dog mess! In restricted alleys too.

Should of been on the crystal maze for the quality steering we had to do to dodge it!

Pick it up its disgusting. Its just dog poo, they take on the responsibility of a dog and that means you get the responsibility of their poo!

I have had dogs and got one of them plastic poo picker upper things. Meaning you dont actually need to touch the poo if thats what grosses them out!!!

Sorry rant over....for now! :evil

GetWithTheTimes
19-May-09, 10:12
The tide should not be treated as a waste-disposal system for lazy dog-owners. If the tide is coming in, it will wash the poo back up the beach and leave it stranded at the high water mark, or or if the tide is on the way out the excrement will sit on the beach all day until the tide comes back in, and likely drop it at the high-tide mark.

woopty doo get a grip, there have been people walking their dogs at the beach for years and i am yet to see a poo crisis at the beach where its all over the place people stepping in it left right and centre

wild animals are not habitually taken by their owners to the beach (or Dunnet forest) every day with the specific intent of pooing in a public recreational area! There are plenty of wild animals in Dunnet Forest, but you rarely see any poo on the path except dog poo. And I can't say I've ever noticed any poo on the beach except dog, or maybe horse, but horse owners should be shovelling up too in my opinion!

wild animals do hang around the same areas too

and maybe if you looked a bit harder you would see other poo

dogs and their owners are creatures of habit, and if they don't pick up then you end up with days and weeks of poo being deposited within a few hundred yards. It really is disgusting and not something that happens in nature. Its really bad when it happens on the street, but on the beach there are more likely to be barefooted kids about especially in the summer, so a bit of consideration for others would not go amiss.

dogs are only creatures of habit coz we domesticated them dogs are really still wild animals inside and like i said before i am yet to be on one of these so called walks where the dog poo is so bad its worth shouting about

Aye, messy and lazy - I'm not even going to bother with that pathetic argument.

i like how im messy and lazy lol just because you think i should i should have a bag at my dogs rear end everywhere he goes

I am all for a bit of dirt doing you no harm, building up natural immunity to your environment and all that, but in all honesty, would you actually eat dog poo? Because that is what these tiny tots will do. I guess you have not ever looked after a toddler. Maybe you don't realise that toddlers have very little control of where their feet land - they are only learning how to walk after all - even if they knew to avoid poo, they probably couldn't. And then once they are sitting, their feet are the most obvious plaything available and their hands are all over their shoes, indeed their shoes are often the nearest convenient teething tool if they fancy a chew. They get a healthy number of germs through their system without your dog's excrement adding to the mix.

aye and they could just as easily eat a magic mushroom or bit of glass they could do anything people should keep an eye on them better, if they just learning to walk the beach probably isnt the best place to take them if you aint gonna be watching

Please clean up after yourself and your dog. No excuses. Your dog is not a wild animal, it is under your control and you are responsible for the mess it leaves behind.

a cats not a wild animal so does that mean people should be fined for the poo they leave?

Alice in Blunderland
19-May-09, 10:32
if you gonna take your dog a walk out in the country where you know other people walk dogs you should be aware there will be poo about and look same as you would look out for cow poo or other animals poo

mmm Ive yet to see a cow squating to poo on the grass verge beside the road which is where most of the dog poo is. :D

katarina
19-May-09, 11:03

In that case carry a wad of toilet roll also and at least make an attempt. this has happened to me. (My dog of course - honestly your minds!)

katarina
19-May-09, 11:04
Oh, and what about all those horses on the beach? Just a thought.....

miller30
19-May-09, 12:28
my son can walk i would like to add, granted he doesnt know where to put his feet if there is dog mess, but i can asure you that i do keep a close eye on him, my concern was that the owners of the dogs left there mess no far from us which i thought was disgusting, they knew we were sitting there!! and we were near the steps and there is no way the tide was going up that far, also let the weather wash it away granted we get a lot of rain but it would take a few days to do that.

Ash
19-May-09, 12:59
what i dont understand is the disgusted looks you get when ur dog poos and then u pick it up, this happens to me alot, my dog did his business when out, i picked it up with a bag as i always do and a woman gurned at me for being in her way, i politely asked her to wait as if not she would have dog mess on her pram and she gave me the most awful look! why?!

mrsinkstack
19-May-09, 20:20
I have dogs and bairns and clean up after both. It is my choice for having them, so therefore my responsibility to look after them properly. There is nothing worse than having to clean your bairns shoes when they have stepped in dog poo, apart from the obvious disgust it's also dangerous !

http://www.caithness-business.co.uk/article.php?id=1161

Anyone who suggests anything other is irresponsible,opinionated and selfish !

Sun Circle
19-May-09, 20:32
I have dogs and bairns and clean up after both. It is my choice for having them, so therefore my responsibility to look after them properly. There is nothing worse than having to clean your bairns shoes when they have stepped in dog poo, apart from the obvious disgust it's also dangerous !

Well said, mrsinkstack! :)

tootler
20-May-09, 10:55

Of course you're right, MrInkstack, I am in the same position and also take my responsibility very seriously.

BUT I challenge anyone who claims to clean up after their dog 100%, especially when they have bairns with them. It's all too easy to think that your dog's already "been" and miss the second delivery, or for your attention to be diverted at the critical moment by your kids... You don't know about the ones you missed because you didn't see them!!!

So whenever I'm out and someone else's dog poo annoys me, which it does regularly, I give them the benefit of the doubt and I pick it up.

I know for sure that "good" dog owners sometimes don't see their dogs making a mess - I've seen it happen. If they're there, and you tell them, they will certainly thank you, apologise and pick it up themselves. This anomaly happens mostly because a well balanced, happy pack dog usually walks behind its owner, so without eyes in the back of your head, you can't see it 100% of the time. (A dog that's always on the lead or always running in front is not a well-balanced, well-exercised pack dog.)

So even if we all do our very best, our well balanced, well exercised, no-trouble dogs will, very occasionally, get the better of us and leave a mess at the moment we're not looking.

The answer is, of course, dog-owners, to always carry a poo bag, whether you have the dog with you or not. If you see a mess that offends you, PICK IT UP!!!

There but for the grace of God & all that... we're a dog-walking community. No-one's perfect. Stop complaining and just clear up the mess - whether it's yours or not.

mrsinkstack
20-May-09, 23:19
The answer is, of course, dog-owners, to always carry a poo bag, whether you have the dog with you or not. If you see a mess that offends you, PICK IT UP!!!

There but for the grace of God & all that... we're a dog-walking community. No-one's perfect. Stop complaining and just clear up the mess - whether it's yours or not.

Your telling me that everytime you come across a dog t*rd when you are out walking with your own dog, you would pick it up ? Aye right !! Now I know your talking poo :D

christina
21-May-09, 07:05
Im a responsible dog owner and pick up after my dog, I cant stand seeing dog poo on the pavements etc it looks aswfull in it only takes seconds to pick it up. It just annoyes me people not picking it [evil], there is no excuse for it. If you have a dog its for life same as picking up there poos.

percy toboggan
21-May-09, 07:29
...The dog owners faces are a treat.

Whilst their dog's faeces certainly aren't!

I say introduce a dog turd tax for those whose animals foul public places.
A coastal army of public poop-snoopers could be issued with books of fixed-penalty notices and issue one fine per motion. Those owners whose dog's excrement is runny should face extra censure, forced to return home with the amalgam of sand, and runny poop in their pockets.

Cleaning up muck on a beach is perhaps the easiest task of all, and merely requires a little forethought on the foreshore. Responsible owners should take a lead in this.

Kevin Milkins
21-May-09, 08:10
Whilst their dog's faeces certainly aren't!

I say introduce a dog turd tax for those whose animals foul public places.
A coastal army of public poop-snoopers could be issued with books of fixed-penalty notices and issue one fine per motion. Those owners whose dog's excrement is runny should face extra censure, forced to return home with the amalgam of sand, and runny poop in their pockets.

Cleaning up muck on a beach is perhaps the easiest task of all, and merely requires a little forethought on the foreshore. Responsible owners should take a lead in this.

Cheers for that Percy.

I am not sure why I decided to read this thread while eating my cornflakes anyway.:confused

tootler
21-May-09, 10:55
Your telling me that everytime you come across a dog t*rd when you are out walking with your own dog, you would pick it up ? Aye right !! Now I know your talking poo

I'm saying that whenever I come across someone else's dog mess and it annoys me, then I do pick it up. Every time. Better than leaving it on the pavement for someone else to step in and then hearing them complain about it on the org.:lol:

And if I'm clearing up after my own dog and there's someone else's mess left right next to it, of course I always pick up the other mess, too. It takes seconds. Any responsible dog owner should - why on earth not? Would you rather someone stepped in it?

If every dog owner who complains about "other irresponsible dog owners" shared my tactics, there would soon be no mess and no complaints. Like I say, we're a community - let's start acting like one.

Dog owners who properly exercise their well-balanced dogs off lead and claim to pick up 100% of their dog dirt are just wrong. 99%, maybe, but not 100%. Even a responsible dog owner can miss one occasionally.

This especially applies to people with more than one dog, people with the added responsibility of small children, and people who are old or infirm. We should be willing to help one another to sort this problem out.

So, dog owners, stop complaining and start picking up - not just after your dog, but to keep the environment clean and safe for everyone.:D

(ps, I'm no saint, MrInkstack. But I've had my share of cleaning other people's poo off buggy tyres, kid's shoes, my own shoes - who wants more of that?)

Bazeye
21-May-09, 11:22
Dog owners who properly exercise their well-balanced dogs

My neighbours dog only has three legs.

GetWithTheTimes
21-May-09, 12:21
all these people saying they pick up there mess and other dogs mess too lol

to be honest i havent actually to my knowledge seen anyone picking up dog mess from the beach, on the street yes but when i take my dog out i go the beach or out the country way and i must admit i have seen one or two people pick up mess in the country but not alot definately well lower than 30% of people ive seen out with their dogs actually pick it up

all this ranting over poop i agree with for the street but not the countryside

i mean come on you let your kids play in the seawater its full of all sorts, and any kid too young to know what poo is and to stay away from it shouldnt be unaccompanied for long enough to go wandering off playing with poo

and if people watch where they step! if there is a poo instead of just marching on, look maybe you wouldnt step in it, i cant say ive stepped in dog mess for a long long time because i look where i am walking its not hard try it some time

and like ive said before i pick up mess on the streets outside my house anywhere that is used regular by human traffic, but i refuse to pick up poo in the countryside when its full of poo and animals anyway

and cat poo is very dangerous where are all you cat poo haters? it can be very dangerous, you suggesting we all micro chip our cats and keep a plan of where they have been using gps and follow their footsteps everyday and clean their mess?

katarina
21-May-09, 12:33
Cats usually bury their own poo! Lots of cats come into my garden, but I must say I have not come across any poo.

tootler
21-May-09, 14:58
:lol::lol::lol:

Leanne
21-May-09, 17:34
Its not just on the beach. Pavments are worse. At least the beach gets washed twice a day. I was walking into Wick today and someone had let their dog diarrhoea all over the path, and it had spun round doing a big circle of runs! Why couldn't they get it on the road as soon as they saw it about to poo? I saw it ok yesterday when it was fresh but nearly stepped in it today. Judging by the state of it several people already had :(

annthracks
21-May-09, 18:49

Really? How does it smell? ... oh wrong joke.

Bazeye
22-May-09, 12:34
I was walking home from the pub a few years ago under a dimly lit bridge and accidentally stood on a turd with my heel, slipped on it, and because I had my hands in my pocket, scraped my face on the brick wall before landing on my backside. The only saving grace was that I didnt land in it.:mad:

Bazeye
22-May-09, 12:36
Really? How does it smell? ... oh wrong joke.

It cant, its dyslexic.:)

Bazeye
22-May-09, 12:41
Cats usually bury their own poo! Lots of cats come into my garden, but I must say I have not come across any poo.

Speaking of cats, how come the cat in the I Ams advert cant read but can talk?

annthracks
22-May-09, 16:09
Cheers for that Percy.

I am not sure why I decided to read this thread while eating my cornflakes anyway.:confused

LOL, just be thankful you weren't eating coco plops...:)

mrsinkstack
22-May-09, 16:35
(ps, I'm no saint, MrInkstack. But I've had my share of cleaning other people's poo off buggy tyres, kid's shoes, my own shoes - who wants more of that?)

Well if that's the case Tootler, I'm very impressed ! I certainly wouldn't be picking up anyone else's dog's cr@p and that's a fact and no I'm far from a saint myself ;) Maybe next time you happen to be out a walk on Dunnet beach, you could pick up a few t*rds that GWTT mut has left behind, apparently they are bobbing about in the waves ? ! Maybe it was him who left the dog poo bags dangling in the trees in the forest for the poo fairy to collect as well ? ! :D

Rheghead
22-May-09, 16:44
LOL, just be thankful you weren't eating coco plops...:)

Certainly Percy wouldn't be interested in that.

Westsider3
22-May-09, 17:21
"and for the ones complaining coz they step in it then LOOK WHERE YOUR WALKING if you gonna take your dog a walk out in the country where you know other people walk dogs you should be aware there will be poo about and look same as you would look out for cow poo or other animals poo"

I take it that you think it is only townies that walk in the country? That families who actually live in the country because they perhaps want to allow their children the freedom to run, play and enjoy their childhood do not walk there. Where do you think the country folk walk?

And another point, it is very rare that you see sheep or cow mess on the road, it is generally only after they have been shifted to a new park. And any decent animal owner or person would not be traipsing through fields inhabited by animals so they don't generally face the issue of standing in that type of mess. Also farm animal mess is by far less dangerous and disgusting than the mess that dog's leave. It is also naturally recognised that farmers will not have to pick up farm animal mess.

I for one think you are a dash disgrace and you should be reported for every single mess that your mutt leaves behind. I am quite sure if I came passed your house and dropped my child's soiled nappies you would not be very happy. Neither would you be if I collected a huge bag of dog dirt and deposited on your doorstep which is just what I wold love to do right now!! But I can assure you I won't be doing that because I am a decent person unlike you!

I can't believe that someone could be so disrespectful to other people and their rights to have an enjoyable walk!!

Bazeye
22-May-09, 17:53
" I am quite sure if I came passed your house and dropped my child's soiled nappies you would not be very happy. Neither would you be if I collected a huge bag of dog dirt and deposited on your doorstep which is just what I wold love to do right now!! But I can assure you I won't be doing that because I am a decent person unlike you!

Or is it because you dont know where they live? :D

katarina
22-May-09, 18:11
In fact we're very lucky that the council issues free poo bags. Okay, maybe we could do with a few more bins, but my friend who lives in Edinburgh has a lovely park behind her house. not only does she have to buy her poo bags, but there are no doggie bins in the park. Also I noticed while walking across Hyde Park in London absolutely no bins of any description. Not even beside the ice cream van. After buying an ice, and some drinks, we had to take all the rubbish all the way across the park to the other side. Yet did we see any litter or poo? Not a scrap, despite the park being full of picnickers and loads of dogs being walked.

catran
22-May-09, 18:32
In fact we're very lucky that the council issues free poo bags. Okay, maybe we could do with a few more bins, but my friend who lives in Edinburgh has a lovely park behind her house. not only does she have to buy her poo bags, but there are no doggie bins in the park. Also I noticed while walking across Hyde Park in London absolutely no bins of any description. Not even beside the ice cream van. After buying an ice, and some drinks, we had to take all the rubbish all the way across the park to the other side. Yet did we see any litter or poo? Not a scrap, despite the park being full of picnickers and loads of dogs being walked.
Goodness me, so that's where some of the taxes go, well I never. What next will the council dish out for free? I have heard it all now.

GetWithTheTimes
22-May-09, 19:13

Well if that's the case Tootler, I'm very impressed ! I certainly wouldn't be picking up anyone else's dog's cr@p and that's a fact and no I'm far from a saint myself ;) Maybe next time you happen to be out a walk on Dunnet beach, you could pick up a few t*rds that GWTT mut has left behind, apparently they are bobbing about in the waves ? ! Maybe it was him who left the dog poo bags dangling in the trees in the forest for the poo fairy to collect as well ? ! :D

for a start i wouldnt take my dog to the forest coz of the ticks lol

and i can honestly say dog poo isnt as big a problem all you lot are making out you must look for it to complain about, like i said before i will clean it from the streets or places walked regular and clean my garden and outside my house but in the country side im not

dogs used to be wild animals and humans sure as hell never went picking up the poo then so why should we do it now, street sweepers clean the whole street everyday anyway so i think it would be easy enough for them to pick up a poo as it would be a can

also the beach has seaweed that could be full of broken glass dirty needles and rusty tins but i bet you dont greet about the fact the seaweed is a danger do you?

"and for the ones complaining coz they step in it then LOOK WHERE YOUR WALKING if you gonna take your dog a walk out in the country where you know other people walk dogs you should be aware there will be poo about and look same as you would look out for cow poo or other animals poo"

I take it that you think it is only townies that walk in the country? That families who actually live in the country because they perhaps want to allow their children the freedom to run, play and enjoy their childhood do not walk there. Where do you think the country folk walk?

And another point, it is very rare that you see sheep or cow mess on the road, it is generally only after they have been shifted to a new park. And any decent animal owner or person would not be traipsing through fields inhabited by animals so they don't generally face the issue of standing in that type of mess. Also farm animal mess is by far less dangerous and disgusting than the mess that dog's leave. It is also naturally recognised that farmers will not have to pick up farm animal mess.

I for one think you are a dash disgrace and you should be reported for every single mess that your mutt leaves behind. I am quite sure if I came passed your house and dropped my child's soiled nappies you would not be very happy. Neither would you be if I collected a huge bag of dog dirt and deposited on your doorstep which is just what I wold love to do right now!! But I can assure you I won't be doing that because I am a decent person unlike you!

I can't believe that someone could be so disrespectful to other people and their rights to have an enjoyable walk!!

you cant call me anything as you dont even know me and even if you knew who i was you still wouldnt know me so to say im not a decent person doesnt bother me in the slightest YOU probably aint as decent as you make out to be

and i used to live in the country so i know country folk walk in the country just because i have a different opinion doesnt make me retarded

when i walk in the country i dont walk my dog passed a country house and let him turd on a doorstep so get a grip would you, i go out in the country places people tend to walk dogs more than places people take their kids

also what people are saying about cats bury their turd well thats worse, someone i knew ages ago had a cat who pooed in a hole and when she was gardening she got it in a cut and lost the use of her arm, so where are all you cat poo bashers your kid could be playing in your garden and you dont even own an animal and the kids hurts him/herself and gets the cat poo in and bam paralized arm should the cat owner be fined???

all the people greeting about dog mess and the likes and their kids safety, i wonder how many of these kids are overweight or eat brand crap and drink loads of juice and eat loads of rubbish from shops etc... that could do them loads of harm

a car could kill them should we stop driving? it wouldnt be the drivers fault if the kid ran out on the road its not the drivers fault it s the kids

if a kid is going to rub a turd in his face you need to educate the kid real fast

there are plenty of kids in my family and they all know from a very young age poo is horrible and not to touch it so where all these turd eating kids are coming from is beyond me maybe the level of education has dropped since i was young

catran
22-May-09, 20:01
Next it will be free bags for the soiled nappies. :roll:

mrsinkstack
22-May-09, 20:08
there are plenty of kids in my family and they all know from a very young age poo is horrible and not to touch it so where all these turd eating kids are coming from is beyond me maybe the level of education has dropped since i was young[/quote]

Get over yourself ! :roll:
Yadda, yadda, yadda :lol:

GetWithTheTimes
22-May-09, 20:27
Get over yourself ! :roll:
Yadda, yadda, yadda :lol:

well its you lot making such a fuss over dog poo saying it coz of the kids etc... maybe they need to be educated a bit better

or maybe you lot need summit to do with your lives other than find things to take a pick on lol

my guess is if your wandering around picking up other peoples dog poo you need something in your life hahaha and yes i know you never said you did it someone else did a page or two back

if people are going to come in this thread telling me im not a decent person coz i let my dog poo out in the countryside when they dont even know me, then i am going to defend myself and put my point across and my opinion

if you cant handle that dont read it, or are you one of the under educated ones who cant do simple things, i have every right to voice my opinion in whatever thread i see fit, so you better get used to it :Razz

Westsider3
22-May-09, 22:07
well its you lot making such a fuss over dog poo saying it coz of the kids etc... maybe they need to be educated a bit better

or maybe you lot need summit to do with your lives other than find things to take a pick on lol

my guess is if your wandering around picking up other peoples dog poo you need something in your life hahaha and yes i know you never said you did it someone else did a page or two back

if people are going to come in this thread telling me im not a decent person coz i let my dog poo out in the countryside when they dont even know me, then i am going to defend myself and put my point across and my opinion

if you cant handle that dont read it, or are you one of the under educated ones who cant do simple things, i have every right to voice my opinion in whatever thread i see fit, so you better get used to it :Razz

Likewise!! We also have the right to voice our opinion and can do in an educated way (even with punctuation)! I think you are perhaps someone who is feeling rather bored and is fancying a bit of excitement and has found it by hitting on a very heated topic. Well done to you - you've managed it! But then this is just my humble, but educated opinion.

"i go out in the country places people tend to walk dogs more than places people take their kids"

Just out of interest can you give us some examples of these places?

Welcomefamily
22-May-09, 22:53
No we should just ban Dogs from the Beach and Public Walks unless owners can show they are responsible.

Rheghead
23-May-09, 01:03
Jeez, leave gwtt alone, you lot are a bunch of flag-waving, poop-steppin' faecists!:p

mrsinkstack
23-May-09, 13:36
if you cant handle that dont read it, or are you one of the under educated ones who cant do simple things, i have every right to voice my opinion in whatever thread i see fit, so you better get used to it :Razz[/quote]

Whatever ! Voice your opinions as much as you like GWTT. They are rather dull though ! :eek: Just my opinion. :D Punctuation is good, so is wit, satiricalcomments and amusing observations, all of which seem to be missing from your posts !!