PDA

View Full Version : Thurso Fire Station Charity Car Wash This Sat 16.05.09

lagertops
15-May-09, 23:03
From 10.00 to 4.00. Bottle stall etc.Come along,and get your car gleaming and your wheels shining. All Donations for local charity.

lagertops
16-May-09, 07:41
Bump for a good cause!

david
16-May-09, 11:40
From 10.00 to 4.00. Bottle stall etc.Come along,and get your car gleaming and your wheels shining. All Donations for local charity.

What local charity are you supporting. I hope it is not yet another charity donation to the FSNBF who have millions in their coffers-getting this organisation to part with it is a different matter.

*Martin*
16-May-09, 12:20
Why don't you go along and get your car washed, while your there ask them :roll:

david
16-May-09, 13:23
Why don't they just advertise which charity they are supporting?

*Martin*
16-May-09, 16:30
I'm sure if they did some people would still find a reason to moan http://img246.imageshack.us/img246/8399/thumbsup4kk.gif

spanner
16-May-09, 16:49
What local charity are you supporting. I hope it is not yet another charity donation to the FSNBF who have millions in their coffers-getting this organisation to part with it is a different matter.

It is the local members of thurso station which have a fund raising committee , which they do car washes and the haunted house and at the end of the year the money gets given to local charities that apply for it . So they can not say who the money is going to as it is not yet decided,that will be done after the haunted house.

david
16-May-09, 17:14
I'm sure if they did some people would still find a reason to moan http://img246.imageshack.us/img246/8399/thumbsup4kk.gif

I see nothing wrong with wanting to know where your donated money may be going to. Do you?

Connor.
16-May-09, 18:15
i dont really mind, it means im getting a clean car

*Martin*
16-May-09, 19:16
I see nothing wrong with wanting to know where your donated money may be going to. Do you?

I see nothing wrong with it either. Surely the best source for this kind of information would be to ask them?

david
16-May-09, 19:35
I see nothing wrong with it either. Surely the best source for this kind of information would be to ask them?

I have done in this post.

poppett
16-May-09, 21:09
Went along today despite the weather. The folkies made a lovely job of the car and paid extra attention to the alloy wheels.

Coffee tea and home baking was available in the canteen, a bottle stall, and home baking for takeaway at very reasonable prices. Orkney cheesecake the absolute brilliant treat of the day.

Wish they would have the car wash on a more regular basis or advertise it a bit in advance. It certainly beats the pay for time machines I usually have to struggle with.