PDA

View Full Version : Dodgy pound coins

Abdullah
06-Mar-06, 11:30
Are doing the rounds at the moment, they are easy to spot, once you know what you are looking for. The rim of a £1 coin is engraved with wording and this wording is either engraved a lot deeper than the engraving on a dodgy coin or there is no engraving at all. So check your £1 coins when shops hand them over to you because there are an estimated 200 million false pound coins in circulation at present.

angela5
06-Mar-06, 11:34
Are doing the rounds at the moment, they are easy to spot, once you know what you are looking for. The rim of a £1 coin is engraved with wording and this wording is either engraved a lot deeper than the engraving on a dodgy coin or there is no engraving at all. So check your £1 coins when shops hand them over to you because there are an estimated 200 million false pound coins in circulation at present.

Thanks for that Abdullah...£1 coins now:eyes notes are easier to spot i suppose..
i'll check my change from now on..hold it up to the light..:lol:

skaterboy
06-Mar-06, 11:55
Wish I had some pound coins, never mind notes!!

motopitcrew
06-Mar-06, 12:31
The fake coins are made of lead and the colour sprayed on they ysualy look dull and gruby if you scrape them with the edge of another coin you will soon find out if they are fake or not

I ended up with four of them in my change about three years ago and when i complained about it i was told by the shop manager politly to go away

And dont go to the police either as you can be charged with possesing counterfit coins

MadPict
06-Mar-06, 12:55
And dont go to the police either as you can be charged with possesing counterfit coins

I think that statement is incorrect - if you receive counterfeit currency you can take it to the police - they will take the money, fill in a form and send it to the NCIS. The offence is trying to pass it on in payment for services or goods.

If that was the case then the courts would be full of innocent victims who were handed dud coins/notes. A shopkeeper who knowingly tries to get rid of a counterfeit coin or note is committing an offence, not the person getting it in their change....

saxovtr
06-Mar-06, 13:46
Wish I had some pound coins, never mind notes!!

lol remind me wot car u drive again??:p

skaterboy
06-Mar-06, 14:51
Thats why my pockets are empty!!!

saxovtr
06-Mar-06, 16:15
haha good point lad did u buy it with dodgy coins ?????[para]

skaterboy
07-Mar-06, 08:45
No way, im no crook.........

I withdrew my gun from its holster and...........

Soaked him!!!!!!!!