PDA

View Full Version : What a lovely day

munron
12-May-09, 18:11
Well we were brave and decided to pack the horse, the dogs and the sprog and head to Dunnet Beach. It was our first time out with the horse box, but everyone came home intact.

Nice gentle stroll along the beach

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p216/munron_photos/P5120008.jpg

Posing with the dogs (yes that small child escaping towards the sea is mine, careless of me really), excuse sour face but it is the only one I have ha ha

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p216/munron_photos/P5120018.jpg

Paddy home and power eating to make up for those lost hours (he is not over the fact he wont get them back)

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p216/munron_photos/P5120021.jpg

munron
12-May-09, 18:13
Paddy advising me to leave him in peace - HE WAS EATING (not bad looking for 21 is he)

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p216/munron_photos/P5120024.jpg

The couch potatos

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p216/munron_photos/P5100001.jpg

Liz
12-May-09, 18:33
What lovely photos.:D Wow Paddy looks brilliant!

Thanks for sharing.

froal
12-May-09, 21:54
looks really good for 21 ! ! lovely horse thou :)

Jovi
12-May-09, 22:13
What a perfect day for a trip to the beach,was looking at our horses munching away wishing o/h was off today..its exactly where we would have headed...and Paddy looks lovely.

teritoots
12-May-09, 22:40
Awh Nicola your all looking fab! Very impressed!! I've only got out on max once since little one arrived and took over my world!!

munron
13-May-09, 06:20
Hi Ter, thanks for that, hope you are all fine and the little one will be coming along grand now.

Make sure you do get some "me" time and get out on Max and enjoy a stroll.

Anyhoo folks, show me your horses, it would be lovely to see other horse pics.

bumkin
15-May-09, 14:18
Hey Nicola!

Delighted to see yer all tickety-boo!!! Yer brood are all lookin great!!! How old is yer wee boy now? Lucky you havin a trailer to get about places!!!

Lyn :D

cameroncara
15-May-09, 14:57
Lovely pics, i would love to take my boy for a day at the beach, but lack of horse box means we have to stay home. Paddy does look great for 21, what breed is he??

munron
15-May-09, 16:38
Think Paddy is just a run of the mill cob, but possibly more Irish than Welsh.

But to be honest I am no expert, as long as the are big, woolley and chunky they are my type. I seen your boy in the photos, he looks a grand sort. I would happily offer a lift to the beach but to be honest our car kind of struggled with Paddy in it.

Maybe if you joined crag, they have some organised rides coming up, there might be someone near you that would give you a lift. Territoots might be able to give you more advice on that as I think she is a member - I will have to get my membership sorted one of these fine days.

munron
15-May-09, 16:43
Hey Nicola!

Delighted to see yer all tickety-boo!!! Yer brood are all lookin great!!! How old is yer wee boy now? Lucky you havin a trailer to get about places!!!

Lyn :D

Hullo Lynnie, just seen your reply. M'laddo is 20 months now dont know where time has gone (probably down the end of a wine bottle). Hope your lot are all fine - have you still got your ponies? I might be brave and take Paddy to Canisbay show this year if there is an inhand veteran class - dont think my riding is up to scratch unless there is a class for "how to loose concentration after five seconds in trot and have your backside boinging in the saddle like a rather large basketball" or better still "how to maintain a surfer position whilst in canter" Anyway with or without horse we should be at the show so it will be good to see you if you are there.

Nicola

topotheuk
15-May-09, 21:56
Nicola, hey, I have put the Canisbay show schedule on the pony club website www.pcuk.org/caithness if you go to upcoming events and click on Canisbay Show 20th June, there is a downloadable schedule there, or pm me your email address and I can email you a schedule. There is a veterans class for Paddy. :)

bumkin
15-May-09, 23:11
20 months! OMG!!! He'll be hittin the terrible two's next!!! :eek: Think my two boys are still in the terrible two's most days!!! The joys of boys eh?! Yeah, Alex will be 5 next month and Grant will be 3 in July so that means nursery AND school in August!!! Canny wait!!! Luv em really but I'm sure ye ken fit I mean?!

Roxy is off to the Isle of Skye now. She's got a fantastic home over there, couldny cope with her when I wiz pregnant with Grant and we've never looked back! Been over to see her and she's no interest in me what so ever but am happy she's got a great retirement home :D. Just got another horse in March, he's a bit like yer Paddy! Bailey is and Irish Draught X (big n chunky!) but only about 15.1hh, he's lufly though! Still have wee Sirz and Grant rides him, ye'll hev till take yer wee boy over for a ride!

Hope we do see ye at Canisbay, we do have a Veteran Class and lots of other classes ye can do! Take yer dogs too! We've got a wee Scottie pup last year, Brodie Broostar! Must get photo's on this Caithness.org thingy when I get it sussed?!

Anyhow, great to hear from ye! :D

Lyn
x

Margaret M.
17-May-09, 16:07
What a lovely family -- good for you taking time to load everyone up and enjoy those beautiful surroundings.

cameroncara
17-May-09, 20:21
Think Paddy is just a run of the mill cob, but possibly more Irish than Welsh.

But to be honest I am no expert, as long as the are big, woolley and chunky they are my type. I seen your boy in the photos, he looks a grand sort. I would happily offer a lift to the beach but to be honest our car kind of struggled with Paddy in it.

Maybe if you joined crag, they have some organised rides coming up, there might be someone near you that would give you a lift. Territoots might be able to give you more advice on that as I think she is a member - I will have to get my membership sorted one of these fine days.

Thanks, Yeah Bracken is a welsh Sec D, im in sutherland and we dont have the same facility of sharing transport but hopefully they will sort something out soon.
:)