PDA

View Full Version : Castle of Mey 10k/Well done/Results (merged threads)

simonH
10-May-09, 16:46
What a wonderful event,really well organised but relaxed and informal as well.Due to injury I had to cheer from the sidelines but that was great fun and surprisingly moving. Hope this is the first of many.Congratulations to all the competitors,you did very well.:D

braalterr903
10-May-09, 16:58
yes welldone to every one that did it.

Venture
10-May-09, 17:22
What a wonderful event,really well organised but relaxed and informal as well.Due to injury I had to cheer from the sidelines but that was great fun and surprisingly moving. Hope this is the first of many.Congratulations to all the competitors,you did very well.:D

Sorry to hear about your injury Simon. It must have been disappointing for you as you were so looking forward to it.:( Did you get injured during the race?

Well done to everyone who took part and raised various monies. Great that it was also a good day weatherwise.

simonH
10-May-09, 17:37
Sorry to hear about your injury Simon. It must have been disappointing for you as you were so looking forward to it.:( Did you get injured during the race?

Well done to everyone who took part and raised various monies. Great that it was also a good day weatherwise.

:)
Im his wife,he managed it in 48mins and is entitled to put his feet up for at least the next hour.

Venture
10-May-09, 19:20
Im his wife,he managed it in 48mins and is entitled to put his feet up for at least the next hour.

I'd agree with that.[lol] Well done to him for the fast time. ;)

skinnydog
10-May-09, 21:01
I was running in it and never realised that there were so many hills on the route, my god I toiled but I finished, I think in under an hour but just off to that website to see if the results are on.

Tremendous effort by the organisers, it was just fantastic and the cup of coffee and the scone at the end was just the best!!

Mr P Cannop
10-May-09, 21:08
I was running in it and never realised that there were so many hills on the route, my god I toiled but I finished, I think in under an hour but just off to that website to see if the results are on.

Tremendous effort by the organisers, it was just fantastic and the cup of coffee and the scone at the end was just the best!!

what web site ??

skinnydog
10-May-09, 21:09
The Castle of Mey 10k but they are not on it yet.

I think the web site is www.mey10k.co.uk (http://www.mey10k.co.uk) but google it!

blastroundthehead
11-May-09, 12:21
Thankyou for all the kind remarks - Your results are on the website (www.mey10k.co.uk (http://www.mey10k.co.uk))
Photos coming soon.....

Dorrie
11-May-09, 17:35
I have a load of photographs that I took at the finish line, I think that I got a photo of everyone. I will try and put up a contact sheet and if you want a digital copy you can let me know. :)

Venture
11-May-09, 17:42
Thankyou for all the kind remarks - Your results are on the website (www.mey10k.co.uk (http://www.mey10k.co.uk))
Photos coming soon.....

I've tried to find the results on the website but can't. Can anyone help?

Viking Girl
11-May-09, 17:55
Just click on the 'Castle of Mey 10k Results' on the front page - it's on the right hand side.

Congratulations to all the runners you were fantastic yesterday and thank you for the comments :D

Dorrie
12-May-09, 12:37
Hi, I hope I got everyone, I know I missed at least one person, but hopefully not too many more. Most of the photographs are one of two or three, if you want a copy, contact me through here or YouTube and tell me your number or the time in the video of your photo and I will send you any I have. :)

SORRY HAD TO TAKE THE VIDEO DOWN - FORGOT TO ADD THE SOUND - a higher quality version will go up overnight and I will post the link here. Sorry about that.

Well done everyone.

Dorrie
13-May-09, 10:28
What problems I'm having with YouTube just now! Grrr

Anyway - here is the slideshow up again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzPZiQlz

Viking Girl
14-May-09, 21:24
Just watched this and the gymnastics video - both are great! Thank you for putting them up. :D

I'm really impressed with the gymnastics display and it was great hearing AI Willie's commentary again!

pops
15-May-09, 13:27
I too watched both of the videos and though they are fantastic.

Well done to the girls in the gymnastics display, i really enjoyed watching it!

edayhouse
16-May-09, 14:10
I took part in this event - my very first running event - never ran before i signed up for it in January time and i had a great time although i was so tired at the end of it!

It was a really well run event and i would like to say a huge thanks to everyone who helped organise it - without it i would still be sitting on my bum most nights watching tv!

Until next year..........

Dorrie
16-May-09, 16:36
Hi Guys
This one is about the runners.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIWhlsL6P88
If you think the vids are any good I would appreciate ratings and comments on YouTube.
Thanks all.