PDA

View Full Version : Write A Letter To Your 16-year-old Self

The Pepsi Challenge
08-May-09, 04:19
Last week, Stephen Fry wrote a letter to the 16-year-old Stephen Fry and published it in The Guardian. You can read it here:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2009/apr/30/stephen-fry-letter-gay-rights

A pointless exercise, but even so, what words of advice would you give now to yourself at 16? Feel free to have a go. Here's mine:

Dear Me,

Meet me at the Clock Tower next Saturday night at preicsely 10pm. Bring a flying De Lorean, a pair of white Nike boots, a body warmer, and a Huey Lewis and the News tape. Don't forget the Huey Lewis tape. Once we get that baby up to 88 mph, we're sending you back to the future!

Cheers,

Me

p.s. Remember, writing to yourself is a sign of madness.

Sapphire2803
08-May-09, 09:52
Dear me,

Pack that in right now and behave yourself. You know EXACTLY what I'm talking about, so don't play the innocent!

Regards

Me

:eek:

percy toboggan
08-May-09, 10:00
Forget Manchester City Football Club. Do not spend every waking hour thinking about the away games and how you will get there. Think more of the profit mark up you make on all those match programmes bought by the score and sold to non-travelling schoolmates on the Monday after the game.
Work much harder towards good examination results and do not restrict your horizons and plan ahead. Life is what you make it and you often only get one chance of a good education. Do not squander it.

(One of my teachers wrote very similar comments inside my report book but I took little heed)

Gene Hunt
08-May-09, 10:50
What a great Idea .. :cool:

Dear 16 Year Old Gene Hunt,

You are now embarking on the great adventure of life, heres a few tips that will make the memories all the sweeter and will help eradicate some of the embarrasing memories I have. You really weren't as cool as you thought you were you know, with your flock of seagulls/blonde streaks haircut and non matching neon socks. And pink jumpers are just wrong. In fact you were a bit of a twonk then but dont worry you are doing alright now with a good job and a great family. And you still have your hair .. breathe easy.

1 .. Do not let things wait "until later", do them now and savour the experience. "Later" comes at you a lot quicker than you think. Time speeds up the older you get and "later" soon becomes "the past".

2 .. Vodka does not agree with you, ever, even when you do mix it with Tequila. Accept this now and save yourself many hours of driving the porcelain truck.

3 .. Value your friends but also lose the ones that need losing. I am talking about one individual friend called Peter who will rip you off for a bucketload of cash. Oh and when he does it .. hit him for it. Otherwise you will spend years wishing you did. Later on Peter will become Paula and it will be too late then. And dont feel ashamed for laughing when you meet "Paula", lipstick and five o clock shadow is always funny.

4 .. One day you will meet your future wife on a visit to your Uncle in London, she will look like Halle Berry a bit (I know you dont know who that is but trust me, she is gorgeous), do not introduce yourself to her by walking up behind her and massaging her left buttock cheek while saying "Hello Darling". She doesnt like it and will constantly remind you of it your whole married life. Plus her dad was about ten feet away and saw the whole thing. And wont forget it. Ever.

5 .. Lose the attitude a bit. You will later in life anyway and you can save yourself a pile of grief by doing it now. The whole world isnt against you, its against everyone .. deal with it. It isnt focusing on you, Life hates everyone at some point. Learn not to take it too seriously and you will be fine.

6 .. Be happy with what you have. Striving to achieve is a great thing but remember to look at what you have now instead of always focusing on what you want. Because you may come close to losing both. Be smart enough to know that at times you will have to give up some of what you want later for what you have now. Its worth it, trust me.

7 .. Find something every day to laugh about, for every problem there is in life there is a joke to take your mind off it. Concentrate on these. Cry and you will do it alone, laugh and people laugh with you. Or at you a lot of the time. Either is good. The world is a beautiful place but you get too focused on the problems. Go and stand on a barren hillside every now and again, it will show you just how small we are in the world. And there will be some really low flying aeroplanes to look at. Brill.

8 .. THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT .. Next year you will have a gorgeous girlfriend for a while (not your future wife) who has a gorgeous friend. When your girlfriend suggests that you stay over at this friends house .. YOU SAY YES. This will mean you will not spend an hour forlornly banging your head on a table at the 1997 School Reunion wondering what could have been. You twonk.

9 .. Before you get married get your new bride to sign a "No Nagging" agreement. Trust me it will be worth it in the long run. Just disguise it under the banner of a "You can have my Credit Card whenever you want it" agreement to get her to sign it. And make sure it applies to any future daughters as well just to be sure. Otherwise in years to come you will be on a "website" of the area you were born in complaining about it. Oh and go to Caithness soon and see the place you were born, the people are a good sort.

10 .. Finally .. Invest all your money in inventing a small telephone and call it a "mobile", then patent it. I think there is a market for it. If this works and you become a Billionaire forget rules 1-9, buy the Maldives and make sure you meet two girls called "Rachel Stevens" and "Kate Beckinsale" once they start to become famous. Retire to your beach and enjoy.

northener
08-May-09, 10:56
To my dearest Me,

Sort yourself out you slacker.

If you don't shape up, you're going to have a very rude awakening when you join the Royal Navy in a few months. Mooning about over your latest girlfriend won't help you either.

Cut those cigarettes out and only drink in moderation. I suggest you start thinking about what you really want to do when you've had enough of travelling - otherwise you could easily spend the rest of your life just drifting from job to job.

Teeth should be cleaned twice a day...not when you're told to. And living in the same underpants all week is NOT 'saving electricity and washing powder'. Your ferrets look more presentable than you do.

Yours Sincerely

Yourself.

northener
08-May-09, 11:00
Gene, that is absolute class.

I salute you, Sir.

Rheghead
08-May-09, 11:03
Dear Rheghead my boy,

Great you've just won that chess tournament and that draw against ex world champion Vassily Smyslov really showed the dissenters that you are at the top of your game for your age. No one else can touch you (apart from those pesky ruskies). Please refrain from booze and girls and stick in with the chess for now. You could be the next Bobby Fischer if only you could stay on focus.

yours truly

Rheghead.

woofit
08-May-09, 11:19
I think Baz Luhrmann covered most of what I would say to myself at 16. Lyrics can be found here http://homepage.ntlworld.com/gary.hart/lyricsl/luhrmann.html

I particularly like this bit 'Remember the compliments you receive, forget the insults, if you succeed in doing this, tell me how'. :confused

katarina
08-May-09, 12:34
Dear me
Forget about leaving school just because your friends are - stay on and go to university or you will regret it later! you know you really want to.

dietcokegirl
08-May-09, 14:20
Dear Me,
Invest all your hard earned money from your wee part time job and buy shares in a little unknown company called microsoft.
Do not start dressing like some sort of goth - it does not look cool.
When your 17th birthday comes along do not agree to go out drinking with friends, drink loads of shots mixed with god knows what else - it will end up messy and you will get your stomach pumped.
Do not start smoking.

scorrie
08-May-09, 15:35
Dear Scorrie,

The words Caithness.org will mean nothing to you now. When you encounter this later in life, please avoid like the plague. It will represent a loony bin filled to the brim with twisted individuals.

ps Also avoid a man called Stephen Fry, particularly if he asks you to try Fry's Turkish Delight!!

balto
08-May-09, 15:43
Dear me,

Make the most of your life, do what you want to do not what others tell you to do, life really is to short for regrets. Also dont put up with any rubbish a man puts you through, once your in believe you me it aint so easy to get out. Make sure you are happy with everything you do.

if only someone had told me all this at the start, then mayby life would be better.:~(

squidge
08-May-09, 17:59
Dear Squidge

Never worry about what will happen to you - it works our wonderfully in the end. Smile every day and never bear a grudge - let it all go - remember what goes around comes around and you dont have to worry. Being unforgiving just gives you wrinkles and makes you look old. Love yourself a bit more and always pay your bills on time. This will make sure you never have to stress about it. On your darkest days remember that you are a survivor and life is wonderful. Your children will be fine and your age wont matter one iota

~S~

joxville
08-May-09, 19:09
Dear Me

Listen to your teachers and family, NOT your friends, and take up that offer of going to college. You have a talent for art but not the confidence, stop worrying and go for it...your only going to get kicked out of your apprenticeship anyway. You're going to have 20 years of menial jobs before you land on your feet-buck up your ideas.

Don't laugh at the Co-operative Insurance agent when he suggest's starting a personal pension....starting it twenty years later you'll realise how right I am. Start that savings plan that will arrive with your birthday cards-you're going to get married in ten years time.

Give up smoking-cigarettes are going to cost over £5 before you eventually quit, saving you about £25,000 in the process.

Do NOT go into Glasgow on your 16th birthday to play snooker-you're going to be arrested for trespassing on the railway and worry yourself sick for weeks.

Do NOT try to keep up with anyone when having alcohol-believe me, you CANNOT handle it. The bath is NOT a bed. The doorstep is NOT a bed-especially in winter when it's cold and uncomfortable. The neighbours hedge is NOT a bed. The neighbours old car is NOT a bed. Lying on the bathroom floor in a drunken stupor is NOT pleasant and will lead to years of ridicule. Oil covered overalls are not good substitutes for pyjamas-strip off before getting into bed, again, you're going to be ridiculed for years. E.D. is NOT attractive-lose the beer goggles!

Those 'stupid' ideas you have are not so daft now when you look back-don't let anyone put you off, GO FOR IT!

DO try to take life a bit more seriously, you'll have plenty of time for having fun when you're older and richer.

A teacher is supposed to educate, not intimidate-so DO punch Mr MacPhail for making your life hell for 4 years-you're going to regret not doing it.

All the best

Me

Cedric Farthsbottom III
08-May-09, 19:19
Dear Young Ced

Just do the same as always,ye'll be fine my young friend.

BUT in the future,there will be a thing called LOTTO.

So on the 25th April 2009,walk into a shop pick up a slip and put......

7 14 17 39 41 49

Enjoy

Baldy Ced:lol::lol:

buddyrich
08-May-09, 22:49
Dear Me

The following is a list of future grand national winners. Bet big and retire early.

'98-Earth Summit
'99-BobbyJo
'00-Papillon

etc
etc
etc

unicorn
08-May-09, 22:58
Dear me
Lose the friends, you don't know it all cos you are 16, life turns out great. Live every day like it is your last and enjoy the ride.

Vistravi
08-May-09, 23:15
Dear me

The worry of dad will soon be a big worry. He is going to get very ill and not make it. Postive thinking is not going to win, so start preparing yourself for the worst and get your head out of the sand. Ask mum and dad whats really going on.

You will go to college and get into nursery work so do your best and let your shine show. Don't hide away.

Beat those bullies, put them in their place. Our fists hit hard;) have the confidence to do it.

You're going to go through the worst thing in you life when you're 17 and a half. You will make it and you will realise just how strong you really are.

At 19 you will meet the best guy in the worldwho will love and respect you for you so ignore the men that present themselves. They're only after one thing and thats it. You will make one mistake but it will teach you alot.

Ditch those so called friends and future so called freinds before they get the chance to dig the knife in.

You will endure alot and become someone at your age you won't recongise as yourself. You'll be cyincal and alot wiser for it all.

Don't be afraid to show who you really are, or to do what you want to.

And yes leave your somerfield job as soon as you can as if not you'l be there with tescos and be stuck for 5 years in a job you hate.

from ur 20 year self.

crayola
09-May-09, 00:04
I've seen threads like this on other forums and I like them. :D

A typical poster encourages their younger self to stick it out at school and go on to higher education. This typical poster is more often than not someone I have clashed with in the past. I am delighted that they wished they had been educated like what I was and then they would agree with everything what I say. :cool:

Aaldtimer
09-May-09, 02:38
..."educated like what I was "...
LOLOLOLOLOLOL[disgust]

crayola
09-May-09, 18:09
..."educated like what I was "...
LOLOLOLOLOLOL[disgust]
Why the disgust? Did you not understand that bit? :confused

balto
09-May-09, 22:34
Dear me,

Make the most of your life, do what you want to do not what others tell you to do, life really is to short for regrets. Also dont put up with any rubbish a man puts you through, once your in believe you me it aint so easy to get out. Make sure you are happy with everything you do.

if only someone had told me all this at the start, then mayby life would be better.:~(
ps, dont let others get you down, they really ought to get a life, put most of all enjoy you life and make the most of each day as you never know when it will end.

Ojibwa
10-May-09, 00:16
What a great Idea .. :cool:

Dear 16 Year Old Gene Hunt,

You are now embarking on the great adventure of life, heres a few tips that will make the memories all the sweeter and will help eradicate some of the embarrasing memories I have. You really weren't as cool as you thought you were you know, with your flock of seagulls/blonde streaks haircut and non matching neon socks. And pink jumpers are just wrong. In fact you were a bit of a twonk then but dont worry you are doing alright now with a good job and a great family. And you still have your hair .. breathe easy.

1 .. Do not let things wait "until later", do them now and savour the experience. "Later" comes at you a lot quicker than you think. Time speeds up the older you get and "later" soon becomes "the past".

2 .. Vodka does not agree with you, ever, even when you do mix it with Tequila. Accept this now and save yourself many hours of driving the porcelain truck.

3 .. Value your friends but also lose the ones that need losing. I am talking about one individual friend called Peter who will rip you off for a bucketload of cash. Oh and when he does it .. hit him for it. Otherwise you will spend years wishing you did. Later on Peter will become Paula and it will be too late then. And dont feel ashamed for laughing when you meet "Paula", lipstick and five o clock shadow is always funny.

4 .. One day you will meet your future wife on a visit to your Uncle in London, she will look like Halle Berry a bit (I know you dont know who that is but trust me, she is gorgeous), do not introduce yourself to her by walking up behind her and massaging her left buttock cheek while saying "Hello Darling". She doesnt like it and will constantly remind you of it your whole married life. Plus her dad was about ten feet away and saw the whole thing. And wont forget it. Ever.

5 .. Lose the attitude a bit. You will later in life anyway and you can save yourself a pile of grief by doing it now. The whole world isnt against you, its against everyone .. deal with it. It isnt focusing on you, Life hates everyone at some point. Learn not to take it too seriously and you will be fine.

6 .. Be happy with what you have. Striving to achieve is a great thing but remember to look at what you have now instead of always focusing on what you want. Because you may come close to losing both. Be smart enough to know that at times you will have to give up some of what you want later for what you have now. Its worth it, trust me.

7 .. Find something every day to laugh about, for every problem there is in life there is a joke to take your mind off it. Concentrate on these. Cry and you will do it alone, laugh and people laugh with you. Or at you a lot of the time. Either is good. The world is a beautiful place but you get too focused on the problems. Go and stand on a barren hillside every now and again, it will show you just how small we are in the world. And there will be some really low flying aeroplanes to look at. Brill.

8 .. THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT .. Next year you will have a gorgeous girlfriend for a while (not your future wife) who has a gorgeous friend. When your girlfriend suggests that you stay over at this friends house .. YOU SAY YES. This will mean you will not spend an hour forlornly banging your head on a table at the 1997 School Reunion wondering what could have been. You twonk.

9 .. Before you get married get your new bride to sign a "No Nagging" agreement. Trust me it will be worth it in the long run. Just disguise it under the banner of a "You can have my Credit Card whenever you want it" agreement to get her to sign it. And make sure it applies to any future daughters as well just to be sure. Otherwise in years to come you will be on a "website" of the area you were born in complaining about it. Oh and go to Caithness soon and see the place you were born, the people are a good sort.

10 .. Finally .. Invest all your money in inventing a small telephone and call it a "mobile", then patent it. I think there is a market for it. If this works and you become a Billionaire forget rules 1-9, buy the Maldives and make sure you meet two girls called "Rachel Stevens" and "Kate Beckinsale" once they start to become famous. Retire to your beach and enjoy.

Loved your letter, Gene. Very well said. :)

Aaldtimer
10-May-09, 02:33
..."..."educated like what I was "...

Why the disgust? Did you not understand that bit? :confused

It reminded me of Ernie Wise's attempts at playwriting!

The simple English would have been "educated as I was"...:roll:

Gene Hunt
10-May-09, 10:43

The simple English would have been "educated as I was"...:roll:

And what exactly is an "Aaldtimer" ?? .. :roll: .. is that an "Oldtimer" in "simple english" ??

Seems to me that if you are going to criticise grammar in others you should check your own first.

robglysen
10-May-09, 10:59
Dont listen to your mother, dont try to please her, she hasn't got a clue.

Dont borrow money, save up.

Put the tenner on at half time, I know City are 3-0 down and you had £20 to your name.

Join the army.

Aaldtimer
10-May-09, 16:04
And what exactly is an "Aaldtimer" ?? .. :roll: .. is that an "Oldtimer" in "simple english" ??

Seems to me that if you are going to criticise grammar in others you should check your own first.

GH, you obviously don't know about the Caithness accent, it's the way it's pronounced up here...and you miss the point of my LOL!:roll:

Gene Hunt
10-May-09, 16:26
GH, you obviously don't know about the Caithness accent, it's the way it's pronounced up here...and you miss the point of my LOL!:roll:

That wasnt me !!, I was surfing this morning on the laptop and my daughter decided to reply when I went to the loo !! .. :Razz .. I apologise on her behalf.

In revenge I have changed the language on her mobile phone to Polish or something .. [evil] .. pesky kids.

Aaldtimer
10-May-09, 16:37
:lol::lol::lol:

ett23
10-May-09, 19:19
That wasnt me !!, I was surfing this morning on the laptop and my daughter decided to reply when I went to the loo !! .. .. I apologise on her behalf.

In revenge I have changed the language on her mobile phone to Polish or something .. [evil] .. pesky kids.

Good work!! That'll teach her! [lol]

golach
10-May-09, 19:40
That wasnt me !!, I was surfing this morning on the laptop and my daughter decided to reply when I went to the loo !! .. :Razz .. I apologise on her behalf.
Oh dear oh dear Gene Hunt, the oldest excuse in the book "It was not me, it was a big boy and he ran away" but I like your new slant on the excuse [lol]

Gene Hunt
10-May-09, 20:43
Oh dear oh dear Gene Hunt, the oldest excuse in the book "It was not me, it was a big boy and he ran away" but I like your new slant on the excuse [lol]

You havent heard the best bit Golach.

Said daughter saw my first post on the thread and told her mum about Number 8. She is also a major "Grammar Nazi" when online and took issue with Aaldtimers post for some reason. I have had the wife ribbing me all afternoon about it and I am slowly being buried under a wave of female indignation accurately delivered by three self declared Feminists, so I thought I would seek sanctuary here and what do I find .. even my fellow men have turned against me.

Bring a tear to a glass eye it would.

sassylass
11-May-09, 03:37
Dear young Sassylass,

Have confidence in yourself and continue to trust your instincts. However if you change your course of study to English, you'll have a much easier time of it. Consider Art History too, you know you love it.

Don't feel guilty for the things over which you had no control. I've sent you a PM regarding the personal stuff.

from your old pal, Sassylass

alex
11-May-09, 23:16
I just discovered a note written to me by my sixteen year old self.

"Dear Alex,

"In a week I'll be seventeen and I am plannng a crazy ride and you'll love it. I don't know quite what's gonna happen. Travel and isolation, riches and poverty, despair and happiness, loneliness and companionship. One day I'm going to own a radio station

"I may be a teenager but I know more about life than you, I reckon. Heck I've snogged more girls this year than you will from now till you read this!

"So - was it fun?

Your self
Alex"

So I reply:

Dear Me,

Your plan was fine and I had a lot of fun, I became an evangelical christian, rock band manger, advertising television media buyer, computer operator, freelance computer hacker, capacity planning banking specialist, security regulator, settlement guarantor, tropical explorer, deforestation campaigner, network telecoms call centre designer, international financial millenium protector, conservation specialist, satellite analyst, anti-poaching law enforcement supervisor, government consultant, education and non-governmental international organisation chief executive officer. Then I stopped and came to Thurso...

You may have been wrong. Life may have been better if I'd carried on snogging.

In haste,
Alex

joxville
12-May-09, 07:50
I became an evangelical christian, rock band manger, advertising television media buyer, computer operator, freelance computer hacker, capacity planning banking specialist, security regulator, settlement guarantor, tropical explorer, deforestation campaigner, network telecoms call centre designer, international financial millenium protector, conservation specialist, satellite analyst, anti-poaching law enforcement supervisor, government consultant, education and non-governmental international organisation chief executive officer. Then I stopped and came to Thurso...

So when are you going to get a 'real' job? [lol]

alex
12-May-09, 12:48
So when are you going to get a 'real' job? [lol]

Maybe tomorrow [lol] I'm a bit busy just now...

loobyloo
12-May-09, 20:41
For God's sake, lighten up and learn to laugh at yourself, otherwise it's going to be a long, painful journey.
Don't wear black eyeliner and thigh high suede boots: you look ridiculous!
Don't start smoking. You will not be able to "give it up any time" and you'll end up with crow's feet and yellow teeth (euch!)
Don't listen to anyone who tells you you can't do something. They are usually older, uglier and more jaded than you. This is the main reason for their advice.
Enjoy yourself: you will never be fitter, healthier or less tarnished than you are right now.
You don't regret what you did, you regret what you didn't do. This is what 'old people' say but it is actually true, as you'll find out in the not too distant future.
Everything your Dad is telling you about teenage boys is true!
Don't try to please your parents, just learn to tolerate them with a good heart. That's as good as it gets.
It doesn't matter what anyone else thinks. It only matters what you think. If you can live with yourself and your choices, that's good enough.

jim shoe
12-May-09, 21:57
Dear Liz your not going to marry Donny Osmond so get over it.
That would be my advice to my sixteen year old self, that and too work harder in 5th year.:roll:

canuck
12-May-09, 23:12
Dear Me,

Your plan was fine and I had a lot of fun, I became an evangelical christian, rock band manger, advertising television media buyer, computer operator, freelance computer hacker, capacity planning banking specialist, security regulator, settlement guarantor, tropical explorer, deforestation campaigner, network telecoms call centre designer, international financial millenium protector, conservation specialist, satellite analyst, anti-poaching law enforcement supervisor, government consultant, education and non-governmental international organisation chief executive officer. Then I stopped and came to Thurso...

You may have been wrong. Life may have been better if I'd carried on snogging.

In haste,
Alex

Wow, and I had you pegged at 35 1/2. Unless they were mostly part time positions running concurrently you couldn't fit all that work experience into such a short life. Or could you.....

I think that you have to be over 50 to really appreciate the beauty of Thurso.

alex
12-May-09, 23:32
Wow, and I had you pegged at 35 1/2. Unless they were mostly part time positions running concurrently you couldn't fit all that work experience into such a short life. Or could you.....

I think that you have to be over 50 to really appreciate the beauty of Thurso.

I left out the part-time concurrent jobs [lol] and I have given my true age away to an orger accidentally, but let's just say it will be a good number of years yet before I appreciate Thurso if you are right. Fortunately, on this particular point I disagree :)

Welcome back to civilisation by the way.

achingale
13-May-09, 11:03
Dear Me,
Do all the things you want to in life. Keep an eye on your money. Tell your Mum and Dad you love them more often. If you have kids, remember it's hard work but worth it. And most importantly have fun cos you've only got one shot at this gig. Oh and do own up to cheating in the French vocab tests...
Me.

scorrie
13-May-09, 16:42
Dear Liz your not going to marry Donny Osmond so

...there IS a God after all. ;)

crayola
16-May-09, 00:05

Oh good. That's exactly what I had in mind at the time. :D

mccaugm
17-May-09, 19:21
Dear Me.

Do not marry the prat you are seeing, the only two good things he will give you are your two elder children
Go to college and get a proper education, find something that interests you, don't just do what your mother did
Dont have children when your still a bairn yourself
See the world and enjoy life
Gain some self confididence
do buy a house in your own right
save up for things...dont get a credit card
keep in touch with friends...
Best wishes me

catran
17-May-09, 20:50
Dear Me.

Do not marry the prat you are seeing, the only two good things he will give you are your two elder children
Go to college and get a proper education, find something that interests you, don't just do what your mother did
Dont have children when your still a bairn yourself
See the world and enjoy life
Gain some self confididence
do buy a house in your own right
save up for things...dont get a credit card
keep in touch with friends...
Best wishes me
well said quite agree to your little note.

porshiepoo
17-May-09, 21:47
Dear Me,

Life is what you make of it. You will get out of it only what you put into it. Be negative and you will live negatively - so ditch it NOW!

At almost 18 years of age your future husbands mum will complain of a headache. INSIST she goes to hospital. Treatment will prevent watching her die in pain suddenly after a game of cards.

When Mum & Dad split, live with Mum but never ever lose contact with Dad. Do this and your kids will grow up with a grandad and your sister won't have to identify the bloated body of your alchoholic father.

Forget the credit cards - what you cannot afford to buy, you cannot afford full stop.

When Dad in Law develops a cough, insist on Xrays. If he won't go, tell him he has Cancer.

When Donna reaches 23 she develops Cervical Cancer - be there for her.

Tell your cousin not to take that Lethal car trip with her friend just after xmas 2008.

Don't dwell on the past. Just because you were depressed then doesn't mean you have to take it with you for the rest of your life.

Ditch the chocolate, it's not your only friend - honestly!

Keep Drawing.

When Hilary collapses on the flight to Cyprus - laugh. We all will eventually.

princess bee
19-May-09, 22:53
dear me

you have reached sweet 16 you have the world at your feet!

do not leave school stick in there and get a good education if not you will be stuck in a dead end job with no prospects

That drop dead gorgeous boy with the tidy car will break your heart but YES you will survive and you can live without him so save your tears for the important things in life and he aint all that he is now a minger that you will not look at twice

do not bleach your hair it will brake off eventually

drinking neat vodka is not smart so stop trying to impress people by drinking endless amounts of it you will end up lookin like a idiot.
do not get drunk every wknd and pull lots o men you will get a reputation

stop smoking now if not it will grip you and you will never stop and it will cost you a fortune not to mention the health problems

listen to your parents they will nag you but they are right mark my words lady tell them you love them often

keep your younger brother close he will need you

take lots of photos and cherish your friends you will need them some day

you are gorgeous believe in yourself you will find mr right and have children and be extremely happy

love you always me xxxxxx