PDA

View Full Version : Really nice gesture

Fluff
07-May-09, 16:10
Our landlord is getting some work done outside our flat. There was a shed for the bins which has been demolished and today some men arrived to knock down the bit of wall beside it.
The work started at 8am (on my day off too lol) and they used a great big circular saw/blade which needed electricity and water. We were the only ones in so they used ours.
I was in all day apart from the last hour when I had to go out to a dentist appointment so I told them what to do once they were done.
I just got back in and found an envelope saying 'open me' and inside was a hand written note from the guy apologising for inconvenience and thanks for the water and electricity and also saying thank you for the trust
What was really nice was he put in £20, probably his own money, saying get a bite to eat on me!
How nice is that! Restores your faith. Sorry for the long read, but it made me half smile (face half numb lol)

cuddlepop
07-May-09, 16:42
It gives you a sense of relief to know people like this guy still exist.Hope you enjoy your wee treat,you deserve it after being to the dentist....rather you than me cause I'm terrified of the man in his white coat.lol

poppett
07-May-09, 16:46
Helps restore my faith in human nature.

When we had a flood from the flat upstairs the council wanted to put in a de-humidifier. Clerk of works was astounded when i asked who pays the electric bill as it was going to take days to dry out and had to run 24/4. The insurance company tipped me off to tell him "your walls, you pay"..........and they did. Took a while to get refund, probably six weeks, but have waited longer for a friend to return a loan than that.

Iris
07-May-09, 17:12
That is really lovely!! It restores your faith in people doesn't it? Reading that has cheered me up too.

Tighsonas4
07-May-09, 17:48
dont think workmen [council] anyway will enter inside a house here as its against their policy.even if you know them and would be quite happy to allow, nice gesture tony

joxville
07-May-09, 19:06
Our landlord is getting some work done outside our flat. There was a shed for the bins which has been demolished and today some men arrived to knock down the bit of wall beside it.
The work started at 8am (on my day off too lol) and they used a great big circular saw/blade which needed electricity and water. We were the only ones in so they used ours.
I was in all day apart from the last hour when I had to go out to a dentist appointment so I told them what to do once they were done.
I just got back in and found an envelope saying 'open me' and inside was a hand written note from the guy apologising for inconvenience and thanks for the water and electricity and also saying thank you for the trust
What was really nice was he put in £20, probably his own money, saying get a bite to eat on me!
How nice is that! Restores your faith. Sorry for the long read, but it made me half smile (face half numb lol)

Presumably something soft. [lol]

Fluff
07-May-09, 20:06
Jox, your are awful, but I like you LOL.

They were private hire Tony, I think if they were council it would probs be the same policy.

joxville
07-May-09, 20:19
So you won't be wanting some of these:

http://forum.caithness.org/showpost.php?p=545442&postcount=37

[lol]

balto
07-May-09, 20:35
nice to know there are some nice people left in the world.

Bazeye
07-May-09, 23:29
nice to know there are some nice people left in the world.

Have you checked the biscuit tin in the kitchen with your holiday money in? :lol: