PDA

View Full Version : Mother Bin nearly ready.....

northener
06-May-09, 20:30
...for lift off again.

I've had it serviced and given it a good fettle. My time here on Earth is nearly at an end for a couple of months, I have to go on my travels again.

I need some ideas on what to take with me for the long boring deep space bits. Last time I only took a copy of 'Razzle' and a Sudoko book - which was a bad move - all the models were ugly and I hate puzzles....and I forgot my camera.

Also, I'm going to try and send back some photies of my travels.
But, as all you Space Cadets on the .Org know, internet connection can be a pain in the wotsit once you get away from Earth. I signed up with BT for their broadband Wi-Fi router... but it's rubbish once you get past Venus.:~( Bloody BT sales waffle.....

Launch will be sometime this weekend - probably after the pub has shut.

Don't forget your ideas on what to take with me!

Nx

joxville
06-May-09, 20:33
Are you still here? :roll:

northener
06-May-09, 20:39
Are you still here? :roll:

You can really go off someone, Joxy.:Razz

Keep it up and I won't go.......

joxville
06-May-09, 20:41
I'm gonna attach a pork pie on a stick to the front of the Motherbin. Now be off with you Tyke. :cool:

Iffy
06-May-09, 20:49
Hey Northener:
Some things to take with you ....

1. Always take a sense of humour with you.

2. Never forget to love one another !

3. Patience for all those around you...... and more..

4. ALWAYS, but ALWAYS have forgiveness in your heart.

5. DON'T let the BEGGARS get you down ....

6. MIND at times you HAVE to give as good as you get !!!

7. SO - THE LESSON OF THIS IS -........ ALWAYS BE YOUR OWN PERSON - NO ONE CAN TELL YOU TO BE ANY DIFFERENT AND .....

8. Take part with this with all your heart AND ....

THE VERY BEST O LUCK TO YOU !!!!

XX

Gene Hunt
06-May-09, 20:52
Some barley sugars so your ears dont go up.
Condoms, just in case there is a McDonalds there .. I know it was you.
A copy of OK magazine in case you get insomnia.
"I survived Swine Flu" t-shirt.
Laxatives for dosing annoying locals.
FHM 100 Sexiest issue, check out No 15 .. awesome.
10 pairs of ployester purple Y fronts, trust me chicks love them.
£5 in spare change for any pool tables you might come across.
A snooker ball in a sock, you never know.
A portable air filled date, the local talent might be dire.
A swiss army knife, bound to be useful.
Chilli Sauce, Curry Powder and Worcestershire sauce to flavour local grub if needed.
Some Andrex "Comfy Bum" preferably with aloe vera.
One of those hats that has a can of beer on either side with a straw leading to the mouth, so you can drink ALL the time.

That should do you .. ;)

joxville
06-May-09, 20:55
Some thing you don't know about Northener:

1. Always take a sense of humour with you. He doesn't possess one

2. Never forget to love one another ! He loves only himself

3. Patience for all those around you...... and more.. He doesn't know the meaning of the word

4. ALWAYS, but ALWAYS have forgiveness in your heart. This is Northener we're talking about

5. DON'T let the BEGGARS get you down .... He gets others down

6. MIND at times you HAVE to give as good as you get !!! He gives more, I'll say that for him

7. SO - THE LESSON OF THIS IS -........ ALWAYS BE YOUR OWN PERSON - NO ONE CAN TELL TO BE ANY DIFFERENT AND ..... Woe betide anyone who tries

8. Take part with this with all your heart AND .... He doesn't have a heart-it's a swinging boulder

joxville
06-May-09, 21:10
It's an empty promise, he's going nowhere! He's just trying to gauge how many people actually care about him. Most likely he's On Ilkla Moor Baht 'at this very moment and he's lonely. ;)

Kenn
06-May-09, 21:48
Don't forget the butterfly net to catch The Great Lunar Moth,the cheese slice for cutting a few layers off the moon, a heat exchanger in case you get too close to the sun,some yarn and a needle to fill in any black holes, a Venus fly trap to catch the planet,a hair straightener for those spiral nebulas, some soil to tamp into any worm holes and seven pairs of silk stockings for the sisters.

Kevin Milkins
06-May-09, 22:18
Don't leave without getting a copy of this weeks Take A Break (issue 19) as Mrs M has a write up.:Razz

Rheghead
06-May-09, 22:23
If the Mother Bin has warp drive then for a 3 minute zap around the Universe the essential reading material is the Groat and Caithness Courier.

scorrie
06-May-09, 23:42
If the Mother Bin has warp drive then for a 3 minute zap around the Universe the essential reading material is the Groat and Caithness Courier.

What is he going to do for the other 2 minutes 59 seconds? ;)

teenybash
07-May-09, 00:06
Loo roll and plenty of it........ Perumed candles to keep the Mother Bin smelling sweetly and encase the light goes out and last but not least.........
A telescope so that you can watch us from afar.............cos you'll miss us all.;)

horseman
07-May-09, 08:27
Enjoy it mate to the ends of the earth an back, do it while you can:) an if you have carried all you need with you, an not forgotten anything--then you 'aint really had a good time;)
Came back from mine y'ter'day,Gettysburg an h/davidson factory two biggies, an of course .....it will cost you a fortune..less you have the good sense to leave your credit cards at home!!!No you don't need them ..in case!!!
'She' will find ways to use them:) Keep us all in the link.

Alice in Blunderland
07-May-09, 08:36
Don't forget your ideas on what to take with me!

Nx

ME, ME, I want to come PLEASSSEEE. I wont take up too much space and after this last two weeks I need a break from work. :D

I can cook, clean and keep you entertained ;)

Only kidding have a good ............... erm flight :confused

Twiggy
07-May-09, 11:24
why not go in the bin shut the lid-other half could push it out on tuesday morning--you then would begin your journey via the tip[lol]:lol::Razz

Alice in Blunderland
07-May-09, 16:27
You off yet Northener ? :D

Sporran
07-May-09, 18:42
What??? You're leaving us again already, northener?!?!???? :confused (Says I with my hands on my hips.)

Just when I was getting used to you posting back on the Org!!!

Sapphire2803
08-May-09, 10:04
Plastic bags! Always carry plastic bags. Those things are multi purpose, you can put things in them and you can.... ermmm... put things in them. :confused

Where ya going? Eh? I want to know! *Stamps foot*

Does this mean I won't have to put up with you overtaking me all the time? I wouldn't mind, but you don't even wave!!

:(