PDA

View Full Version : I E version 8

badger
29-Apr-09, 09:34
IE8 has just arrived on my desktop. I'm quite happy with IE7 (yes I know lots of you don't like it !) but given the problems with previous updates, is IE8 ok? Is it buggy? Do you recommend?

Connor.
29-Apr-09, 15:13
I'd recommending sacking IE altogether and use Mozilla Firefox ;)

badger
29-Apr-09, 16:00
Knew someone would say that :roll: . I do have Firefox but have used IE for years and quite like it for some reason. Just don't trust MS updates.

EDDIE
29-Apr-09, 19:35
Well i have windows vistsa,norton360 and internet explorer 8 and my laptop freezes every single night and if any one has any suggestion for me to fix it i would be very greatful for any advice please.

blueivy
30-Apr-09, 16:44
Knew someone would say that :roll: . I do have Firefox but have used IE for years and quite like it for some reason. Just don't trust MS updates.

IE8 seems to be fine if you disable the accelerators.

blueivy
30-Apr-09, 16:45
Well i have windows vistsa,norton360 and internet explorer 8 and my laptop freezes every single night and if any one has any suggestion for me to fix it i would be very greatful for any advice please.

I'd start a new thread about that Eddie.

badger
01-May-09, 16:42
IE8 seems to be fine if you disable the accelerators.

'scuse me? Do I need that explained or will it be obvious? Thanks Paul.

blueivy
01-May-09, 16:45
'scuse me? Do I need that explained or will it be obvious? Thanks Paul.

When you install it it will be obvious (as it asks you which ones you want to use). See here (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_Explorer_8#Accelerators) for an explanation on accelerators.

badger
01-May-09, 21:15
Thanks - I'll try it in the morning when I'm feelling braver :)

Matthew
02-May-09, 01:48
IE used to be pretty poor. But they have improved it. I used to use firefox and it did have some cool features. But I think that IE works perfectly fine for what I use it for and I have no problems with it.

I have not tried IE 8 however.

badger
02-May-09, 15:16
Well that was a bit of an anticlimax. All ready to download IE8 this morning, clicked on the yellow icon, selected download - it disappeared. Waited thinking something might be happening but no - nothing. Re-booted hoping icon might come back but it hasn't. Will have to try Windows downloads but I've slightly lost interest.

What's more it's getting stroppy with me. I accidentally allowed my finger to rest too long on the right mouse button and a window popped up saying "Please do not do that" . Seems now I have a PC with attitude :eek:

blueivy
05-May-09, 12:48
Well that was a bit of an anticlimax. All ready to download IE8 this morning, clicked on the yellow icon, selected download - it disappeared. Waited thinking something might be happening but no - nothing. Re-booted hoping icon might come back but it hasn't. Will have to try Windows downloads but I've slightly lost interest.

It's a browser .... how excited can you get? :lol:

What's more it's getting stroppy with me. I accidentally allowed my finger to rest too long on the right mouse button and a window popped up saying "Please do not do that" . Seems now I have a PC with attitude :eek:

A lot of websites don't allow you to right-click on their pages and usually pop up a window with a message similar to that when you do.