PDA

View Full Version : Mobile Phone Help

toodiemac
14-Oct-03, 23:28
Can anyone help? I found a really nice mobile phone near Dingwall and I tried hard to trace the owner. I sent text meassages to all the owner's friends (obvoiusly after checking all the stored messages) and they said she would get in touch if she wanted her phone back. That was over three months ago. So I figured the phone is now mine and I changed the sim card. Problem is that while I can send and receive texts I cannot phone out or receive calls. Does anyone know of a way round this?

Wounded Soldier
15-Oct-03, 00:09
yeah......

buy a new one and give that one back or hand it in theif!
but if its smart i'll buy it ?
[lol]

Tc4
15-Oct-03, 17:06
What can i say good for you for being so honest!

The fone will probibly have been a contract mobile and due to this fact insured aswell......all she would have to have done is say the mobile was lost and thwey would have got a brand new shiny one!

If it not letting you do anything the fone will be blocked off of all networks.....if this is the case then the only thing it will be good for is spare parts....depending on what fone it is you can still flog the parts but as a fone it will never work again.

If u do want to sell it let me know what it is i may be able to use the bits!

Regards

Tc4

Tic Chick
15-Oct-03, 17:28
My friend got given a brand new contract phone from her mother in law and it was exactly the same. She went to the O2 shop though and they gave her a different SIM card but she could keep her old number, sure it only cost her about £15.

So don't start pulling it to bits yet!!

©Amethyst
15-Oct-03, 19:46
it cost her £15??? I went to the carphone warehouse, and they did the number transfer free. weirdness lol

toodiemac
15-Oct-03, 22:06
Thanks for that, but I have changed the sim card and it's still not letting me phone (only text). I suppose the actual phone must have been blocked if that is possible.

Tc4
15-Oct-03, 22:10
Hiya m8 yea the fone can be blocked but if u can send txt messages via it aint blocked!

Mail me and let me know what happens when u try and fone i will see if i can help you to get it working!

Tc4

Tic Chick
16-Oct-03, 12:14
Just to clarify. The new SIM card cost her £15, not the number transfer.

She needed the newer type of SIM card to be able to make calls, although she could send texts with the old one.

calish6
16-Oct-03, 14:47
There's a place in Inverness that unblocks phones for around £15
I think it is 'Marks Mobiles' in Seafield Road

Dante
24-Oct-03, 18:18
Not to get your hopes up but I may be able to instruct you how to unlock the mobile, free of charge and without buying any equipment. But first you need to tell me

1. The make and model of the mobile

2. Which network it is currently locked to / on

3. Finally I need you to type *#06# on the mobile and post the IMEI / Serial number

Loafer
24-Oct-03, 19:00
Toodiemac

Technically, in the eyes of the law, you are a thief!! You shoulda handed it in to a police station, where you would have been informed that after six months the property belongs to you EXCEPT some items, one of which is MOBILE PHONES!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D

The Loafer