PDA

View Full Version : Loss of the Metha

peter macdonald
25-Apr-09, 23:56
I had intended to post this last month but work has gotten in the way ...This year is the 75th anniversary of the loss of the Danish fishing vessel Metha at the enterance to Wick harbour in March 1934 . A very nice lady from the Scotsman has given me permission to use their archive and I have put the story on www.wkboats.co.uk

Im pretty sure the witness "Mr Rosie" was the late Jock Rosie skipper of the Spray

All best

Tighsonas4
26-Apr-09, 10:52
can just remember this sad tradgedy. but what a stormy night
am nearly sure that some time later a poem was written on the loss of the meta but dont know if it was published or what peter regards tony

Tighsonas4
26-Apr-09, 10:55
I had intended to post this last month but work has gotten in the way ...This year is the 75th anniversary of the loss of the Danish fishing vessel Metha at the enterance to Wick harbour in March 1934 . A very nice lady from the Scotsman has given me permission to use their archive and I have put the story on www.wkboats.co.uk (http://www.wkboats.co.uk)

Im pretty sure the witness "Mr Rosie" was the late Jock Rosie skipper of the Spray

All best
where jock rosie lived he would be in full view of the whole bay tony

peter macdonald
26-Apr-09, 11:54
Tony thats right He would have seen right across from Bexley Tce . I think there was one of the crews decendants visiting Wick last year on holiday
All best

mrs and mr brown
26-Apr-09, 13:38
i have never heard of that story, wow thanks for putting on the link so that i can read what happened, what a terriable thing that happened to the crew,
gosh there is so many boat crew that has died at sea my heart really does go out to any family, even if it was back then or nowadays,

really sad story, thanks again, xx

all the best xxx