PDA

View Full Version : Ross: branches and leaves

farmyard
24-Apr-09, 21:17
I am getting some way into my Ross branch, Alexander, gardener, m to Ann Graham (d 1839) and living in Wick and their son David, gardener, m to Christina (Mackay/Gillespie, Reay) but I don't know the name of his wife or where they lived when married. Alexander and Donald disappeared after the 1841 census and there doesn't appear to be any details of Alexander's death or Christina's who lived a long life in a Rosebank House property. I had a contact recently who may be related to whom I have replied, but not heard anything since, but I can I hope help her along the way with her research. Are there any Ross's, Graham's or Gillespie's out there who can recall these families at all? Would welcome any small offering/ with grateful thanks from the northwest of England.

robbain
24-Apr-09, 21:30
Hi
I don't know if I been in touch with you or not, I was in touch with someone she was also connected to Alexander ross, but I have mislaid her email address, my 5th greatgrandfather was a John Ross a Gardener, he had a son Alexander who I am guessing that this Alexander who married Ann Graham.

farmyard
25-Apr-09, 20:01
Thanks for that Robbain. I don't recall being in touch with you but maybe the person you refer to is the same one I heard from. Please are you able to tell me if John was born outside Caithness or worked outside the county, as the 1841 census states Alexander as being born 'outside the County'. I have Alexander as working in Golspie (Drummuie), Canisbay (possibly Barrogill Castle/Castle of Mey), Hempriggs and Lochshell. David was born in Golspie. Would be pleased if you can clear that one up for me. Thanks again. A.