PDA

View Full Version : St Georges Day

northener
23-Apr-09, 13:21
A happy St Georges Day to all you English!:Razz

And for all the Scots - you're not the only ones with scary garb and dance routines:

http://www.youtube.com/v/FgQ8mFcS1xk&hl=en&fs=1

It gets going after the first 45 seconds, BTW.

woofit
23-Apr-09, 13:27
Wow, that was scary! Is it just a more butch form of morris dancing ?? lol

northener
23-Apr-09, 13:36
That's The Dark Side......:Razz

Morris comes in many guises, from the white shirt and hankerchiefs of the Cotswolds and Middle England, through Mummery into some scary stuff.....like these guys - I love it.

crayola
23-Apr-09, 13:38
Which one are you northener? I think this may be you.

http://www.witchmen.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/images/people/Pete2.jpg

northener
23-Apr-09, 13:42
Which one are you northener? I think this may be you.

http://www.witchmen.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/images/people/Pete2.jpg

Shhhhh........

crayola
23-Apr-09, 13:45
Shhhhh........Ok I'll be quiet and I won't tell anyone this is percy. :D
http://www.witchmen.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/images/people/TerryPic.jpg

jings00
23-Apr-09, 14:23
it looks cool and it reminds me a bit of the mighty boosh....

scorrie
23-Apr-09, 16:34
Ok I'll be quiet and I won't tell anyone this is percy. :D

Looks more like the lost Bill Oddie as, Rastus Watermelon, footage!!

Bazeye
23-Apr-09, 16:40
Wheres that? Looks to me like Derbyshire. Or Royston Vasey.

Bazeye
23-Apr-09, 16:42
Btw. Ive got the St Georges Cross flying outside my house today and if it offends anyone, Good.

barmar62
23-Apr-09, 22:15
:DHappy St Georges day to you too:D

garycs
23-Apr-09, 22:46
It's Rochester in Kent. Have vague memories of the pub in the background, Ye Arrow, had a couple of evenings in there many (many) years ago and foolishly tried the local cider!

George Brims
23-Apr-09, 22:58
Ok I'll be quiet and I won't tell anyone this is percy. :D
Aha, now we understand the knee operation!

George Brims
23-Apr-09, 22:59
Btw. Ive got the St Georges Cross flying outside my house today and if it offends anyone, Good.
I have no objection to English people flying my flag. I used to be very amused when they used to wave the Union Jack at England/Scotland football matches, seeing as how our St Andrew's cross is in there too.

golach
23-Apr-09, 23:09
I have no objection to English people flying my flag. I used to be very amused when they used to wave the Union Jack at England/Scotland football matches, seeing as how our St Andrew's cross is in there too.
Its a Union JACK when it flies on an RN ship, otherwise its proper name is the Union Flag

Aaldtimer
24-Apr-09, 02:35
Its a Union JACK when it flies on an RN ship, otherwise its proper name is the Union Flag
...or "The Butcher's Apron"!:eek:

Gene Hunt
24-Apr-09, 10:48

And you lot left us Welsh off it. Its typical that. Whenever the English want some good Bowmen they know where we are but any other time we get ignored, whenever the Scottish feel the need to be humiliated at Rugby have we ever let you down ??, is it any wonder we invented the V sign ??

Anyway your flags are just a bit boring. Ours has a whopping big dragon on it, how cool is that ??, we have our Mother-in-Laws as a national symbol.

Bazeye
24-Apr-09, 11:26
And you lot left us Welsh off it. Its typical that. Whenever the English want some good Bowmen they know where we are but any other time we get ignored, whenever the Scottish feel the need to be humiliated at Rugby have we ever let you down ??, is it any wonder we invented the V sign ??

Anyway your flags are just a bit boring. Ours has a whopping big dragon on it, how cool is that ??, we have our Mother-in-Laws as a national symbol.

Can you stll fire a longbow at a Welshman in Chester these days if hes within the city walls?

Was working on Connahs Quay power station and was staying in Chester and went to watch Chester FC play Wrexham a few years ago.:eek: They dont like each other much do they.

Gene Hunt
24-Apr-09, 14:12
Can you stll fire a longbow at a Welshman in Chester these days if hes within the city walls?

Was working on Connahs Quay power station and was staying in Chester and went to watch Chester FC play Wrexham a few years ago.:eek: They dont like each other much do they.

In Chester you can kill a Welshman with a longbow within the city walls but only after Midnight. Make sure you hit us first time though, we tend to get a bit annoyed about it .. ;)

And yeah I know what you mean about the Wrexham lot, Chester do seem to be one of their favourite targets.

northener
24-Apr-09, 15:39
Looks more like the lost Bill Oddie as, Rastus Watermelon, footage!!

Alas, unlike The Witchmen, I fear that these days, Mr Watermelon will not be allowed on mainstream television......

golach
24-Apr-09, 19:25
And you lot left us Welsh off it.

Sadly your wee country was never a kingdom in the eyes of heraldry, just as principality, therefore were never entitled to having a place on the Union Flag. Sad I say, coz we love it when you come up to Murrayfield, regardless of the score, Iechyd da! Boyo[lol]

percy toboggan
24-Apr-09, 19:52

If it offends anyone, and you are in England then they are in the wrong place.If you're not in England and they are 'offended' then they are in the wrong frame of mind. If you flew the flag all year in another country then they may have a case to be...if not offended, perhaps resentful.

p.s. that's not me in the photo - I wish I had as much hair.

Gene Hunt
24-Apr-09, 20:01
Sadly your wee country was never a kingdom in the eyes of heraldry, just as principality, therefore were never entitled to having a place on the Union Flag. Sad I say, coz we love it when you come up to Murrayfield, regardless of the score, Iechyd da! Boyo[lol]

True and True Golach.

I love going up to Murrayfield regardless of who wins. Its about the only time I get a really decent pint of 80/, always a good pint and a joke at the Roseburn.

George Brims
24-Apr-09, 21:23
whenever the Scottish feel the need to be humiliated at Rugby have we ever let you down ??
St David's Day, 1975. One of the best Scottish wins I can remember. I know, cos I was there!

As with Golach, I always used to enjoy the Welsh visits. You could have a good discussion with the rival fans at a Wales game, and it was all friendly.

northener
24-Apr-09, 21:26
St David's Day, 1975. One of the only Scottish wins I can remember. I know, cos I was there!

Fixed it for you.:Razz