PDA

View Full Version : potato slices

teddybear76
21-Apr-09, 12:45
hi has any1 got any good recipes for tatties,thin sliced,cooking them in the oven,just fancy sumthing different!!:)

Margaret M.
21-Apr-09, 14:25
Scalloped Potatoes

Cook Time: 45 minutes

Ingredients:

4 cups thinly sliced potatoes, about 6 to 8 medium potatoes
2 tablespoons flour
1 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
3 tablespoons butter
2 cups scalded milk
1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese

Preparation:

In a buttered 2-quart baking dish, place a layer of about 1/3 of the potatoes. In a cup or small bowl, combine flour with salt and pepper. Sprinkle about half of the flour mixture over the potatoes; repeat with another layer of potatoes and the flour mixture and top with remaining potato slices. Dot with butter then pour hot milk over potatoes. Cover and bake at 375° for 45 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle cheese over the top. Return to the oven and bake, uncovered, for an additional 15 minutes, or until scalloped potatoes are tender and cheese has melted. Scalloped potatoes serves 6 to 8.

teddybear76
21-Apr-09, 16:08
that sounds delicious,many thanx,will give it a go!!:)

shazzy
21-Apr-09, 19:21
for quick sauce for sliced pots, I make a dried packet soup (creamy leek and chicken is my fav) and pour over sliced potato and cook in oven.:D

S&LHEN
21-Apr-09, 19:37
I cook my potatoes then slice them
and I make a white sauce and pour it over them,
I then grate cheese over the top and I put slices of either tomatoes / peppers on top depending what mood im in
then I put them in the oven for 25 minutes (depending on the speed of your cooker) and then 5 minutes under the grill to brown. :lol:

Dadie
21-Apr-09, 19:39
if going posh I use 1/2 double cream and 1/2 white wine with herbs infused in it (usually rosemary as its usually for lamb) heated slowly before sieving then sloshing over the tatties and bunging it in the oven!

Mister Squiggle
26-Apr-09, 18:07
A common recipe in our family is to thinly slice the potatoes, layer them in an oven-proof dish and sprinkle a tin of sweet corn niblets, half a packet of french onion soup mix and a tub of cream (low fat if you MUST!!) to cover the spuds.
Cook them for about 45 mins, or until the top is nice and brown and bubbling.
Its a bit decadent, but my absolute comfort food on a Friday night after a horrid week at work :D

kriklah
02-May-09, 22:50
very simple (and probably highly fattening!!)

reasonably think slices, par boil, put in oven in covered dish with lots of butter and steak seasoning (or chicken/pork/season all, whatever youve got seasoningwise) 10 mins

for those with open coal fire or doing a bbq, wrap in foil and put on coals instead of in oven.