PDA

View Full Version : Is the org really that bad?

hotrod4
17-Apr-09, 14:31
Seen on a few threads people saying that its getting bad,dont want to post etc,etc I cant see it has changed to be honest but obviously some have.
There will always be disagreements but thats what makes a forum.
Does anyone else think its "gone bad"?

northener
17-Apr-09, 14:39
I don't think "it's gone bad", but it is easy to get hacked off with those whose sole aim in life is to bitch and sulk.

But they've always been there in one form or another....mind you, a break does do wonders.......

riggerboy
17-Apr-09, 15:44
I don't think "it's gone bad", but it is easy to get hacked off with those whose sole aim in life is to bitch and sulk.

But they've always been there in one form or another....mind you, a break does do wonders.......

hang em all
those who dare to !"£$$%^&*&^%$$£"! and sulk on the org in fact ban em then hang em lol

honey
17-Apr-09, 16:00
i dont. but i tend to not let other posters get to me, if i dont like what they post, i dont read it..

i wouldnt let other folk dictate whether or not i post on a forum i like to visit.

ShelleyCowie
17-Apr-09, 16:04
I get mad easily if my parenting is questioned. Nobody can critisise me on it because they have never seen me doing it. I do just a fine job! :Razz

Im probably one of those that people say about spelling aswell but im sorry i am not going on to wiki just to find out the spelling of a word.

If aye want 2 spell it rong then i will. [lol]

Errogie
17-Apr-09, 16:35
It can be a bit like a good night out in a pub somewhere. I enjoy the weird and the wacky threads and debates and horizontal thinking. Too much trivia and bitchiness leaves me cold and there have been times when I've gone home early to bed thinking the company wasn't very stimulating.

Gene Hunt
17-Apr-09, 16:38
Not been here long but it seems like other forums I post in. Some have a sense of humour and some don't. Others you can disagree with and then move on from it and others seem to hold a grudge and get all upset.

Personally I like it and am getting a feel for the place I was born, I cant comment on local issues but its interesting to learn about other places.

But maybe the reason some people think the atmosphere has "gone bad" is down to me. I had a roasting hot curry and three pints of Guinness last night .. *parp* .. sorry .. *paaaarrrrrp* .. :eek: .. oh dear.

poppett
17-Apr-09, 17:40
We were not all made with the same tolerance of others or indeed the same sense of humour, right and wrong. That is surely part of being an orger. It would be like talking to a mirror if we all felt the same about everything.

Our subject matter here is diverse to say the least, but interesting most of the time.

Sometimes it takes a better person to walk away than to stay and fight, so to speak.......... just what I do when I get het up about something.

It`s a big forum, and in my world there is room here for everyone with their opinions.

squidge
17-Apr-09, 19:42
I think its an ok place. Sometimes its better than other times. There are things that get on my nerves.... where there is clearly a feud going on between posters and it gets into a "he said she said thing" and wanders all over what could be interesting threads. Pure nastiness which we see here only on occasions really is annoying and personal vendettas are horrid. I hate the "you dont spell it like that and your grammar is rubbish" posts as well. It seems childish and snooty to be so pernickety - As long as you can understnad the gist of a persons opinions then it doesnt matter if they get the i and their e the wrong way round. I can never type beleive - i know how to spell it but my fingers wont type it. Does that make me stupid? Nope!!!

I like to hear all the different opinions and have changed my mind about a few things after reading posts here. I have met and made soem interesting and lovely friends and it gives me something to do when the boys are driving me mad!

Cedric Farthsbottom III
17-Apr-09, 20:19
No the org has not gone bad.Four posters,orgers......Rheghead,Jaws,Dr Szin and Weeboygee.Two are still prominent posters,one is on now and again,one is not so regular.Why?Easy ye either dig Caithness Org forum or ye don't.If ye don't,don't post.If ye do,then carry on the way ye are doing.......quite easy actually.:lol:

lister
17-Apr-09, 20:30
Seen on a few threads people saying that its getting bad,dont want to post etc,etc I cant see it has changed to be honest but obviously some have.
Does anyone else think its "gone bad"?

Nah its not gone bad and to me ,a new member, i think its the humour,wit and banter from locals thats a welcome break in an otherwise crazee world.
Sure you're going to get heated debates on issues that mean more to some than others but just keep things in perspective and have a dam good gurn or laugh,lifes hard enough min,ya gota laugh:lol:

Green_not_greed
17-Apr-09, 20:33
No, its certainly not gone bad. I may get banned for this, but I do think its over-moderated. Far too PC! I miss the real cut and thrust of the old days debates!

northener
17-Apr-09, 22:46
Got to agree there, Green. I feel that there has been a bit of over-enthusistic moderation in a couple of instances. But hey, it's not a job I'd relish so fair play to them for putting the time in.

Mystical Potato Head
17-Apr-09, 22:47
Dont think its over moderated but there are quite a few ppl here who will moan,take offence over the slightest bit of non politacal correctness that crops up and start an arguement over absolutely nothing.
Its only a small minority but some just cant abide ppl having a differring opinion to them and it ends in the usual pointless ORGument where a few ppl all try to have the last word,get personal,call each other names,really mature stuff, cant leave it alone and an ongoing grudge match carries on for months.
Hey everyone gets mad occassionally but some ppl get mad almost every reply they post on here.

Cedric Farthsbottom III
17-Apr-09, 23:15
Dont think its over moderated but there are quite a few ppl here who will moan,take offence over the slightest bit of non politacal correctness that crops up and start an arguement over absolutely nothing.
Its only a small minority but some just cant abide ppl having a differring opinion to them and it ends in the usual pointless ORGument where a few ppl all try to have the last word,get personal,call each other names,really mature stuff, cant leave it alone and an ongoing grudge match carries on for months.
Hey everyone gets mad occassionally but some ppl get mad almost every reply they post on here.
Wrong.It is over moderated.

Vistravi
17-Apr-09, 23:15
Aye you're right, its def some members that are stirring or are taking offense at the slightest thing. There are some members that don't seem to have any sense of humour at all.

purplelady
17-Apr-09, 23:28
I get mad easily if my parenting is questioned. Nobody can critisise me on it because they have never seen me doing it. I do just a fine job! :Razz

Im probably one of those that people say about spelling aswell but im sorry i am not going on to wiki just to find out the spelling of a word.

hehehehehe well said shelly i agree spelling not the most important thing on here surely x

Vistravi
17-Apr-09, 23:39
hehehehehe well said shelly i agree spelling not the most important thing on here surely x

Aye its def not the most important thing in the world. What matters is that people know what you're talking about not that you're grammer and spelling is wrong. Thats just petty and downright pathetic. ;)

Mystical Potato Head
17-Apr-09, 23:43
Wrong.It is over moderated.

Is that your opinion?

ShelleyCowie
17-Apr-09, 23:44

Aye its def not the most important thing in the world. What matters is that people know what you're talking about not that you're grammer and spelling is wrong. Thats just petty and downright pathetic. ;)

Exactly. Its not my fault i never listened in english! :rolleyes: and i never knew i was signing up for english exams on here. Sorry my essay is late sir/mam! [lol]

No but really, if someone asks me to spell something out loud then im ok but typing im not as good or writing.

butterfly
17-Apr-09, 23:49
I like the org just the way it is.There is the odd one who will do the usual winding up but it's best to take it with a pinch of salt.I dont let them bother me!

Vistravi
17-Apr-09, 23:51
Exactly. Its not my fault i never listened in english! :rolleyes: and i never knew i was signing up for english exams on here. Sorry my essay is late sir/mam! [lol]

No but really, if someone asks me to spell something out loud then im ok but typing im not as good or writing.

I'm the same Shelley. Can spell really well out loud but not so good with certain words typing. ;) It's a common problem. lol

crayola
18-Apr-09, 00:22
Does anyone else think its "gone bad"?Oh God no, it hasn't gone bad. It's always been bad. It's dire and it's getting ever more dire by the day. That's why we love it. We love to moan, we are the best moaners on the planet. :lol:

The intellectuals moan that it used to be better in the old days when everyone could spell and punctuate and we all wrote in well structured sentences and paragraphs and no-one carried personal squabbles from thread to thread. The masses moan that it's too PC and over moderated, it's not an English test and it doesn't matter how you spell or punctuate, all that matters is that your moaning is understood.

It's all of these so let's give thanks in the immortal words of Stefani Joanne Angelina Germanotta. Let's join together and sing the Org Anthem.

Just moan. Gonna be okay.
Ma-moo-moo-moo
Just moan. Spin that record babe.
Ma-moo-moo-moo
Just moan. Gonna be okay.
Muh-muh-muh-muh
Moan. Moan. Moan. Just moan.

I'm sure you all know the tune. :cool:

Cedric Farthsbottom III
18-Apr-09, 00:47
Is that your opinion?
Yes.Not going to start flogging a dead horse.:lol:Yes.Its not a bad thing though.For his Haiku is better than mine.:lol:

Mystical Potato Head
18-Apr-09, 00:59
Well opinions are neither right nor wrong,so until it can be proven by fact which in this case it cant,then i'm NOT wrong,...........neither are you.:) so we're all happy.

Cedric Farthsbottom III
18-Apr-09, 01:11
Well opinions are neither right nor wrong,so until it can be proven by fact which in this case it cant,then i'm NOT wrong,...........neither are you.:) so we're all happy.
Course you're NOT wrong,its Caithness org.There's the ORG,the site,catch up with the local goss outwith the forum.The forum isnae just the general,its wee bits here and there.Here's a laugh,most orgers probably have a better laugh having a wee look everywhere.Thats my opinion.In my opinion,I learn more about Caithness through this site than I do reading the Courier and the Journal put together,but say it quietley don't want everybody knowing the secret!!!:lol:

crayola
18-Apr-09, 01:34
Oh God, I can't get that tune out of my head. I've been singing 'Ma-moo-moo-moo, just moan' to myself ever since I posted that and it's driving me demented.

Did you see her on Woss tonight?

forevera123
18-Apr-09, 04:00
there are some bad complaints and some good recommendations, we read things we like and just easily ignored those thing we are not agreed with. the org is always being a good stage for every one to speaking out whatever they want.:)

Kevin Milkins
18-Apr-09, 10:05
The Org seems about the same as when I first joined.

New people join and some leave in a huff with some getting banned or suspended.

The Org for me has always plenty going on and it's good to drop in and have a catch up and interact with like minded people.

telfordstar
18-Apr-09, 12:05
I mostly take a back set and like reading debates and some i will get my tippensworth in about and some not.

I always find that there is a very select few who no matter what you write find fault or turn it into a argument which is pretty typical i think.

I agree with you about the spelling on first joining the org i was shot down in flames about my spelling and grammer :~(. Never mind.

gleeber
18-Apr-09, 12:20
I use the org as a therapeutic tool. Before the org I never had an outlet for my innermost thoughts and moans appart from the poor unfortuneates who were within earshot. Not that I was ever too vocal but the org has helped me develop a new stream of thought.
I think most of us who use the org were in a similar position. The org is no more than a reflection of all the things that go on in peoples minds and until the internet came along most of it would have been turned against the cat or the bairns.
It's the paradox theory again. The org is awful and brilliant. In other words just perfect. :eek:

GetWithTheTimes
18-Apr-09, 12:21

i agree ive been corrected for my grammar a few times or the lack of full stops lol i think its just when someone hasnt got anything witty to say or cant argue back they just pick on spelling rofl

i like the org when im ranting on it might not seem like it lol and i think there are some way too sensitive people on here but apart from that a good place to have a banter and its nice that its local alot of other forums i go on are american so they dont know all of the things i talk about, but i recently sent sweets to texas and im getting sweets and mexican candies back lol they are in the post i cant wait lol

Metalattakk
18-Apr-09, 12:35
With all due respect, you're not really in any position to make such a statement. We won't really know how good you are at parenting until you've finished the job. ;)

That's fair enough, but you surely have to accept that others will read your misspelled posts and judge you on them. It goes with the territory.

Back on topic now - No, caithness.org isn't getting worse. It's not really getting any better though. Gleeber has it pretty much spot on I reckon.

ShelleyCowie
18-Apr-09, 12:39
With all due respect, you're not really in any position to make such a statement. We won't really know how good you are at parenting until you've finished the job. ;)

My job will never be done. ;) Im by his side forever.

That's fair enough, but you surely have to accept that others will read your misspelled posts and judge you on them. It goes with the territory.

Cant help it. If im classed as a partial bad speller then thats better than most things i have been called. :eek: I will be happy with a bad speller i think...

Metalattakk
18-Apr-09, 12:47
My job will never be done. ;) Im by his side forever.
That's my point. ;)

(A wee hint though - give him just a wee bit of space on his wedding night, eh? :D)

Alice in Blunderland
18-Apr-09, 13:20
My job will never be done. Im by his side forever.

That's my point. ;)

(A wee hint though - give him just a wee bit of space on his wedding night, eh? :D)

Heres something to help you out for when the time comes. hee hee

Im sure they can manage apron strings. lolhttp://tbn2.google.com/images?q=tbn:nVOiYgdNZRpcZM:http://www.hudobnivolk.s5.net/egradiva/CLIPART/SOLSKE%20POTREBSCINE/scissors.gif (http://www.hudobnivolk.s5.net/egradiva/CLIPART/SOLSKE%20POTREBSCINE/scissors.gif)

crayola
18-Apr-09, 13:20
Back on topic now - No, caithness.org isn't getting worse. It's not really getting any better though. Gleeber has it pretty much spot on I reckon.Seconded, gleeber has it pretty much spot on.

I think it is getting worse though, there's been an increase in the number of posts moaning about people jumping on them, and about people using any excuse to start an argument when someone takes a contrary position or corrects something factual in their posts.

Poorly written English really shouldn't be an issue but I tend to take less notice of poorly constructed posts that are full of spelling errors or typos or posts that are all one long sentence that goes on for ever without any full stops capital letters or paragraph breaks I know I should really make an effort to read them but by the time I've worked out where the sentence breaks should be I've either lost interest or forgotten what the post was about and haven't picked up what they're trying to say

ShelleyCowie
18-Apr-09, 13:35
That's my point. ;)

Ah no chance! I will be there with a baseball bat to ensure no shananagins on the go! [lol]

telfordstar
18-Apr-09, 13:36
Heres something to help you out for when the time comes. hee hee

Im sure they can manage apron strings. lolhttp://tbn2.google.com/images?q=tbn:nVOiYgdNZRpcZM:http://www.hudobnivolk.s5.net/egradiva/CLIPART/SOLSKE%20POTREBSCINE/scissors.gif (http://www.hudobnivolk.s5.net/egradiva/CLIPART/SOLSKE%20POTREBSCINE/scissors.gif)

ahhh bless think i will hold on to them myself for when my lot grow up :~(

northener
18-Apr-09, 13:59
i agree ive been corrected for my grammar a few times or the lack of full stops lol i think its just when someone hasnt got anything witty to say or cant argue back they just pick on spelling rofl

i like the org when im ranting on it might not seem like it lol and i think there are some way too sensitive people on here but apart from that a good place to have a banter and its nice that its local alot of other forums i go on are american so they dont know all of the things i talk about, but i recently sent sweets to texas and im getting sweets and mexican candies back lol they are in the post i cant wait lol

..............and breathe in.......:Razz

Full stops! Full stops!;)

Seriously though, I like to be challenged and challenge others myself. I enjoy a good scrap over a wide variety of subjects, but I do have a problem with people who take up a position on a subject and then become 'offended' if someone has the audacity to question or challenge.

Too many people appear to be eager to take their bat home over the slightest disagreement or imagined slur. Mind you, that's probably just a people thing and no reflection on the .Org in particular.

Still, takes all sorts and let's face it - this is not really important at all. It's just a bunch of eejits blethering when we could be elsewhere doing something constructive with our time.

gleeber
18-Apr-09, 14:09
Still, takes all sorts and let's face it - this is not really important at all. It's just a bunch of eejits blethering when we could be elsewhere doing something constructive with our time.

Are you sure about that? I'm not so sure. Some of the opinions I have about things we discuss on the org go right to the core of who I am, or at least who I think I am. My thoughts are as much a part of me as the fingers that are tapping these symbols onto an electronic screen.
Just a thought!

crayola
18-Apr-09, 14:26
Are you sure about that? I'm not so sure. Some of the opinions I have about things we discuss on the org go right to the core of who I am, or at least who I think I am. My thoughts are as much a part of me as the fingers that are tapping these symbols onto an electronic screen.
Just a thought!The org has plenty of eejits and a few gleebers, it's not exclusive to either.

northener
18-Apr-09, 14:30
Just a thought!

I agree completely, Gleeber. Some of the discussions on here are very moving, thought provoking or informative. I've learned a lot and laughed a lot on here since i joined. But it is all very ephemeral to me and not really important.

You're not going to try and get inside my head again, are you?[para]:Razz

joxville
18-Apr-09, 16:54
[quote=northener;535250
Too many people appear to be eager to take their bat home [/quote]

I've done that many a time...usually after too much alcohol. [lol]

Thumper
18-Apr-09, 16:58
I suppose we could say the org is not bad, its some of the users that are,but IMO the org is what you make it and you get out of it what you put in(well in most cases but I know of a few that have been picked on unfairly) so if you are pleasant,polite and mannerly there should be no problem,whereas if you are aggressive and arguementative(sp) then you are going to get replys in the same sort of manner x

Ricco
18-Apr-09, 21:06
Like any 'hood there will be fallings out and disagreements but things always patch up. :D

canuck
18-Apr-09, 21:59
Like any 'hood there will be fallings out and disagreements but things always patch up. :D

Hhmmm! The orghood? No, it just doesn't sound good, either in ether world or here in Edinburgh.

By the way ricco, is it warm enough yet to put my lilies back in the pond?

unicorn
18-Apr-09, 22:16
I suppose we could say the org is not bad, its some of the users that are,but IMO the org is what you make it and you get out of it what you put in(well in most cases but I know of a few that have been picked on unfairly) so if you are pleasant,polite and mannerly there should be no problem,whereas if you are aggressive and arguementative(sp) then you are going to get replys in the same sort of manner x

So very true Thumper.
The nice thing too though is the mods are always fast on the uptake when their is a troublemaker wanting to get backs up.
There really is no need for the way some people reply to threads, it is often very rude but nipped in the bud fast.

cuddlepop
18-Apr-09, 22:20
I think to "survive" on here you need to.;)

1 Have a thick skin,preferably of the rhino variety
2 Not take youself or life too seriously.
3 Live and let live .

Well in 3 what do others think.

unicorn
18-Apr-09, 22:23
You need to be able to let things flow over you ie water off a ducks back [lol]
You need to adapt to the whoosh sound as you let things fly over your head [lol]
and most of all you need to be able to laugh at yourself once in a while [lol]

the poacher
18-Apr-09, 22:27
You need to be able to let things flow over you ie water off a ducks back [lol]
You need to adapt to the whoosh sound as you let things fly over your head [lol]
and most of all you need to be able to laugh at yourself once in a while [lol]

you got it in one unicorn great answer

butterfly
18-Apr-09, 23:42
So very true Thumper.
The nice thing too though is the mods are always fast on the uptake when their is a troublemaker wanting to get backs up.
There really is no need for the way some people reply to threads, it is often very rude but nipped in the bud fast.

Have to agree with you Unicorn regarding swift action of the mods.They do a good job in routing out the trouble makers.A few have come on lately with the intention of causing trouble but they always get their come uppance in the end.

balto
18-Apr-09, 23:47
Have to agree with you Unicorn regarding swift action of the mods.They do a good job in routing out the trouble makers.A few have come on lately with the intention of causing trouble but they always get their come uppance in the end.
got to disagree with you here, the way i see it is some trouble makers are still here, they just seem to make life hard for others unto they get their own way.

joxville
18-Apr-09, 23:51
I think to "survive" on here you need to.;)

1 Have a thick skin,preferably of the rhino variety
2 Not take youself or life too seriously.
3 Live and let live .

Well in 3 what do others think.
1. Check
2. Check
3. Check

butterfly
18-Apr-09, 23:56
got to disagree with you here, the way i see it is some trouble makers are still here, they just seem to make life hard for others unto they get their own way.

Well for those that remain i am pretty sure the mods are aware of them and if they start they will be routed out eventually.The mods are not ignorant ,they have their eye on the ball at all times.

unicorn
19-Apr-09, 00:02
There are times that the org reminds me of gala night, it is a time where all walks of life go for a night out, people who don't normally see people they have issues with meet and all merry hellfire breaks loose.
The org is a bit like that sometimes, It is a place where many people come together most get on but sometimes a spark is lit and BOOM [lol]

oldmarine
19-Apr-09, 00:22
I don't believe the org is bad. A couple years ago there was someone on the org who liked to throw personal insults, but that person appears to be gone. I wasn't the only one that was attacked. I have not seen that person's handle on here for at least a year nor have I seen anyone that bad. I like the org for the information I get. Most of the people I meet on here are nice folks. :roll::lol:

Margaret M.
19-Apr-09, 01:09
There are times that the org reminds me of gala night, it is a time where all walks of life go for a night out, people who don't normally see people they have issues with meet and all merry hellfire breaks loose.
The org is a bit like that sometimes, It is a place where many people come together most get on but sometimes a spark is lit and BOOM

I agree, Unicorn, it tickles me how so many threads can start off fine and then they turn into an all out brawl. I love those! Sometimes the mods tidy them up before I've had a chance to read all the good stuff. :~(

northener
19-Apr-09, 12:26
Yes, there's been a bit of 'tidying up'going on. Not all necessary IMO.

telfordstar
19-Apr-09, 12:56
I think alot of folk on here like to throw their toys out of their prams.:roll:

scorrie
19-Apr-09, 14:52
Heres something to help you out for when the time comes.

http://tbn2.google.com/images?q=tbn:nVOiYgdNZRpcZM:http://www.hudobnivolk.s5.net/egradiva/CLIPART/SOLSKE%20POTREBSCINE/scissors.gif (http://www.hudobnivolk.s5.net/egradiva/CLIPART/SOLSKE%20POTREBSCINE/scissors.gif)

Is it Vasectomy time already!! ;)