PDA

View Full Version : Calibrating a television picture

Liz
05-Apr-09, 13:17
I was having a look through a couple of forums and a few folk seem to go to a lot of trouble to get the right picture on their TV by using DVE discs,THX optimiser or a Spyder!

Has anyone used any of these or do most of you just 'tweak' the picture to get the settings which look right to you?

I don't know whether there is anyone in Caithness who would do this?

EDDIE
05-Apr-09, 13:28
I was having a look through a couple of forums and a few folk seem to go to a lot of trouble to get the right picture on their TV by using DVE discs,THX optimiser or a Spyder!

Has anyone used any of these or do most of you just 'tweak' the picture to get the settings which look right to you?

I don't know whether there is anyone in Caithness who would do this?

Im not really sure what the settings mean but when u get an lcd tv it takes a we whiley for u to adjust to the sharp picture but i did ply with the setting in my tv but that was just the contrast color so on just the usual ones.
But to get any kind of quality viewing u have to be using freeview direct to the tv and not via a box and if you have a sky box or dvd player or freeview box it really needs to be put to the tv through the hdmi cable to get a good view

Liz
05-Apr-09, 13:35
Im not really sure what the settings mean but when u get an lcd tv it takes a we whiley for u to adjust to the sharp picture but i did ply with the setting in my tv but that was just the contrast color so on just the usual ones.
But to get any kind of quality viewing u have to be using freeview direct to the tv and not via a box and if you have a sky box or dvd player or freeview box it really needs to be put to the tv through the hdmi cable to get a good view
That's what I do Eddie.

I have to say that the Freeview picture on my TV is much better via my PVR than it is through the TV's internal tuner.