PDA

View Full Version : Helmsdale colours

badger
25-Feb-06, 18:38
Oh yes please - do paint Wick in bright colours, particularly Bridge Street. Thurso could do with brightening up as well. Ever since I came up here I've been dying to go round with a large paintbrush - it is so unbelieveably dreary. If the buildings were in themselves beautiful, as some are, then leave them alone but a few colours like I think Simpsons? (oh dear, I'm so unobservant) would make a world of difference. Good for Helsmdale. :Razz

willowbankbear
25-Feb-06, 18:46
Aye , round Helmsdale Harbour it is so much brighter than Wick Harbour, the house`s are painted light blue, white, cream & orange & it does help the place look so much better I think

sassylass
25-Feb-06, 18:50
Love the new colours in Helmsdale!

Can anyone tell me why the Bunulidh sold out? Times change, but I do have a history with that granny...:rolleyes:

angela5
25-Feb-06, 18:52

certainly makes helmsdale look loads better..

gleeber
25-Feb-06, 18:54

Can anyone tell me why the Bunulidh sold out? Times change, but I do have a history with that granny...:rolleyes:

lol have you no forgiveness in your wee American herty?
I heard the reason they sold out was the poor wee wifee was worn out with all the complains from ungrateful customers.

cuddlepop
25-Feb-06, 18:58
Looking forward to seeing it on Monday ,with a that snow forecast its just as well they've painted the village!! its probably what we'll use for a landmark.
Portree piers houses are brightly painted its the talk of the tourists[lol] as to who is staying at the pink guest house.

gleeber
25-Feb-06, 19:01
I stayed in the Pink House one time I was in Portree. Apparently the owner was in San Francisco at the time getting married. Another time I stayed in the Royal Hotel and had one of my unearthly meetings with a ghost in the middle of the night.
Strange place portree!

cuddlepop
25-Feb-06, 19:07
Yes and we're desperate to leave.We've been here twenty years ,you'd get less for murder!!!!!:o

cuddlepop
25-Feb-06, 19:10
Gleeber did you tell anyone you saw a ghost 'Ithink a partof that building:confused: collapsed about 100 years ago killing my x great grandmother,maybe it was her .... spooky or what :evil

DrSzin
25-Feb-06, 19:19
I stayed in the Pink House one time I was in Portree. Me too. We woke up in the morning to find a film crew parked outside. We went out to investigate and found ourselves in the middle of filming for one of the British Gas "Ask SID" adverts. It was October 1985, I think.

That would have been just over 20 years ago -- was it before you arrived cuddlepop?

Another time I stayed in the Royal Hotel and had one of my unearthly meetings with a ghost in the middle of the night.
Strange place portree!What's this? Gleeber seeing ghosties? I though ye didna believe in all that supernatural ghoulie and ghostie stuff. :confused:

emszxr
25-Feb-06, 19:29
Looking forward to seeing it on Monday ,with a that snow forecast its just as well they've painted the village!! its probably what we'll use for a landmark.
Portree piers houses are brightly painted its the talk of the tourists[lol] as to who is staying at the pink guest house.

yes they are 2 very happy chappy's aint they

cuddlepop
25-Feb-06, 19:37
Unfortunatly one of the chappies died last year.:~( emszxr,what on earth does that stand for?
we lived in Uig for ten years, then since 95 we've been in Portree
Its a favourite for film crews for there commercials,recently one was shot for a car add going over the old bridge in Slig,another one is the scottish beef add with that gorg hunk swaying his kilt as he walks about the quaraing:o) ......

gleeber
25-Feb-06, 23:53
Its an odd thing but every time I speak to someone about Helmsdale the conversation wanders and before you know it we are in Skye or Amsterdam and ghosts and grannies are on the menu in Le Mirage.
I worked with a guy from Uig in the early eighties. Speedy by name and laid back by nature.
Theres also a connection for me with Helmsdale, Amsterdam and mirages but Caithness.org isna the place to make confessions, especially when I have to explain masel to DrSzin concerning ghosts in Portree.
All I can say is that seeing a ghost and believing in ghosts are not the same thing.

emszxr
25-Feb-06, 23:57
Unfortunatly one of the chappies died last year.:~( emszxr,what on earth does that stand for?
we lived in Uig for ten years, then since 95 we've been in Portree
Its a favourite for film crews for there commercials,recently one was shot for a car add going over the old bridge in Slig,another one is the scottish beef add with that gorg hunk swaying his kilt as he walks about the quaraing:o) ......

aww i didnt know one died.
ems bit stands for emma and zxr stands for my kawasaki zxr 400 i have.

i used to be in skye a lot. used to deliver for skye express and white arrow.

cuddlepop
25-Feb-06, 23:58
Gleeber i know speedy and he's still horizontal[lol]