PDA

View Full Version : Customer registration not working

shazzap
04-Apr-09, 15:06
I keep getting this message on startup CUSTOMER REGISTRATION NOT WORKING but i do not know which application it refers to. I have taken this screen snip of the problem from problems and reports.
Can anyone help please.
Apparently you have to click on the fault jpg now to view why are the images not shown as pictures.

Brizer2k7
05-Apr-09, 01:40
Hi,

Its probably your printer that is requesting you register it for warranty support?

This happens a lot with HP printers if you have registered the device online when you install the printer. Most people cant be bothered and skip the registration process for later.

If its saying the customer registration has failed then its because you havent connected to your Broadband and its trying to connect to the registration server too early?

shazzap
05-Apr-09, 10:20
Hi,

Its probably your printer that is requesting you register it for warranty support?

This happens a lot with HP printers if you have registered the device online when you install the printer. Most people cant be bothered and skip the registration process for later.

If its saying the customer registration has failed then its because you havent connected to your Broadband and its trying to connect to the registration server too early?

Thank you for your response, i have just installed another hp printer but did register it. Would this happen if my printer is turned off and so can't connect with the server.

Brizer2k7
05-Apr-09, 15:09
Sounds like it didnt register properly or its trying to download new drivers / software for your printer. My HP printer does that every now and again and I just cancel it.

You can try calling HP or just ignore this error every time.

maybe try googling the exact error message you get and see if there is a fix for it up on a technical forum?