PDA

View Full Version : April Fool's Day

Venture
31-Mar-09, 08:54
It's that time of year again where we try and not get caught out as an April Fool. :eek:

What is the best April Fool prank you have played on someone and have you ever been caught out yourself?

ShelleyCowie
31-Mar-09, 10:04
Last year, i was pregnant, april fools day i actually had a scan which my partner could not attend. I phoned him and told him we were having twins. His parents were up at that time too so they went around telling everyone i was having twins. When i got home from work that day i then told i wasna havin twins! Never seen so much relief on someones face than my OH's! [lol]

Angela
31-Mar-09, 10:11
First time round I got engaged on April Fool's Day! :roll: The marriage ended in divorce. :(

Tomorrow I have an appointment to see an eye consultant and I'm really hoping that no April fooling will be involved..... :mad:

percy toboggan
31-Mar-09, 13:54
First time round I got engaged on April Fool's Day! :roll: The marriage ended in divorce.

Tomorrow I have an appointment to see an eye consultant and I'm really hoping that no April fooling will be involved.....

A coincidence ! I too have an appointment with the Optician tomorrow - not a consultant of course, but worthy of note. I hope all goes well for you and there is no joke, or tricks played on either of us. Imagine being asked to undress, for instance and read that chart whilst stood there starkers!:eek:...when less than half-way doon the board the optical 'erbert sez...

"mmm that's very good Mr Toboggan, you can put yer clothes back on now"

pink
31-Mar-09, 15:31
Got married on april fools does that count as a joke hehehehe

Vistravi
31-Mar-09, 21:21
Last year, i was pregnant, april fools day i actually had a scan which my partner could not attend. I phoned him and told him we were having twins. His parents were up at that time too so they went around telling everyone i was having twins. When i got home from work that day i then told i wasna havin twins! Never seen so much relief on someones face than my OH's! [lol]

Aww poor Chris. You are bad shelley[lol]

Whitewater
31-Mar-09, 23:10
My elder sister got married on April Fools day, they are celebrating their golden wedding tomorrow. In my mind there is not too much wrong with that date.

Missy Wick
01-Apr-09, 00:22
I love April fools day. Its my birthday. everyone thinks it must be awful, but i think its great cos no-one ever forgets it!

dirdyweeker
01-Apr-09, 00:26
Given a friend the phone number for the Family Planning Clinic without telling her what the number was for. Then told her a Mr Coyle had phoned and could she return the call!! Thought it was brilliant myself.:lol:
Roll on morning so I can catch out the boys.........

Aaldtimer
01-Apr-09, 02:39
I love April fools day. Its my birthday. everyone thinks it must be awful, but i think its great cos no-one ever forgets it!

Happy Birthday Missy! :)

butterfly
01-Apr-09, 02:42

A very happy birthday Missy Wick,have a happy happy day!:lol:

Venture
01-Apr-09, 09:01
Happy Birthday and have a great day Missy Wick.:)

Green_not_greed
01-Apr-09, 09:08
I think even the .org is up to something for April 1st this year.

Check out the "Revolutionary Power Idea" at http://www.caithness.org/

Not a bad try at all.

barmar62
01-Apr-09, 09:21
Well I was looking forward to tea and biscuits at Thurso police station today but it seems that's a hoax.;)

anneoctober
01-Apr-09, 10:06

Not a bad try at all.
I think the "spit" gave it away!!:eek:

ShelleyCowie
01-Apr-09, 11:19

Not a bad try at all.

That total had me in stitches! I thought i would be good at this.

"The Power Of Oratory
Take the most talkative people and place them in a large room to debate the issues and collect the hot air given off"

Lol

dirdyweeker
01-Apr-09, 11:28
You share a birthday with Phillip Schofield, he is 47 today. I only know this info as 'This Morning' was on whilst I was ironing.!
Happy birthday to you.

dirdyweeker
01-Apr-09, 11:30

Not a bad try at all.

I read this before coming on the forum and it had me laughing. Even checked out their link SIAS!
Someone there is on the ball.:lol:

supernova
01-Apr-09, 11:34
I think your right about the org. I read the article and thought how on earth are they going to produce that much spit then I noticed the date and groaned, completely forgot it was the 1st April today :lol:

Gene Hunt
01-Apr-09, 14:26
Put a little bit of sellotape on the bottom of a laser mouse. Watch someone get really angry when it wont work. That was me caught today .. :confused

We got our Boss a beauty though, one of the IT lads took an image of his desktop and then set it as his wallpaper. He flipped out for about an hour when his icons wouldn't work for some reason .. ;)

Cedric Farthsbottom III
01-Apr-09, 14:36
Sat next to a guy in English called Roger Hannah,the master of April Fools jokes,always caught everybody out everytime.Noticed his headline in the front page of the Scottish Sun today,"Ferguson axed after booze up".My initial thought was,man the guy can't just do it classically locally,he can do it nationwide as well.Thought it was a corker.I've just found out it wasn't an April Fool.Or is it?Well Done Roger.:D

Green_not_greed
01-Apr-09, 15:44
Put a little bit of sellotape on the bottom of a laser mouse. Watch someone get really angry when it wont work. That was me caught today .. :confused

We got our Boss a beauty though, one of the IT lads took an image of his desktop and then set it as his wallpaper. He flipped out for about an hour when his icons wouldn't work for some reason .. ;)

LMAO! Those are both brilliant and worth remembering for next year.

Then again, why wait a whole year..........

ranny_20
01-Apr-09, 15:57
my sister came threw and told me my mum had left with an african man :Dthen told me it was an April fools, i was gutted!!!!!!!!:(

balto
01-Apr-09, 20:07

that is priceless, would have loved to have seen his face.[lol]

balto
01-Apr-09, 20:08
what was the april fool story in the courier today, i havent had a chance to read it yet. doubt they would have missed the opportunity.

gleeber
01-Apr-09, 20:11
what was the april fool story in the courier today, i havent had a chance to read it yet. doubt they would have missed the opportunity.

It was a bridge to Orkney. Neesd to be started next week before the Gaels run away with all the money.
Dont forget the front page story on the org. Take a night off the org and bottle your slevers, buy a lump of Caithness stone and plug it into your shirt tail. [lol]

balto
01-Apr-09, 20:15
It was a bridge to Orkney. Neesd to be started next week before the Gaels run away with all the money.
Dont forget the front page story on the org. Take a night off the org and bottle your slevers, buy a lump of Caithness stone and plug it into your shirt tail. [lol]
oh must have a look at the courier now and have a wee read, as for the spit machine reckon theres enough of us to power it lol.

Ricco
01-Apr-09, 20:21
Today, whilst doing revision with my year 11 pupils, one of them commented that a supposedly jumbled set of paired definitions was actually in the correct order... I told him that the sentences had actually reorganised themselves on the page as he wrote his answers down. He peered closely at his page and said "Really?"

Needless to say, the rest of the class erupted! :lol:

piratelassie
02-Apr-09, 01:42
Did anyone see the story on Lorraine Kelly, about sitting in front of the computer on a website for 10 mins., and all your wrinkles will disappear... oh I wish.....I was intrigued for a minute,then the penny dropped,

oldmarine
02-Apr-09, 01:48
Has anyone been hit with a computer virus that was supposed to hit on April 1st?

Errogie
02-Apr-09, 08:42
I once sprayed some large goose eggs with gold paint then crept into a couple of neighbours hen houses on the night of the 31st. and left them in the nest boxes to be found the next morning when they went to collect the eggs.

Alice in Blunderland
02-Apr-09, 09:53
It was Weeboyagees birthday yesterday...........April fool nuff said. :lol: :cool:

Happy belated birthday Weeboyagee. Where are you ? so that I can give you your pressie. ;)