PDA

View Full Version : childminders.

balto
24-Mar-09, 23:06
Just been looking at the business section, and was having a look at the childminding section, there seems to be a lot of them on there, who are happy to give theri addreses online, surly in this day and age that must be a bit risky, not only from any saddo that preys on young kids, all they need to do if they are clever enough is to go to a site like this and find where kids will be, also say if one parent for whatever reason isnt allowed contact with their child, all they need to do is find out the address of the childsminder and hey presto, you have an abtucted child, seems a bit careless if you ask me.

Whitewater
24-Mar-09, 23:11
What you are saying makes sense, but the child minders have to make themselves known to the public otherwise nobody is going to know where to go with their child/children. I guess it is a vicious circle, but we all need to be vigilant in that area.

gleeber
24-Mar-09, 23:17
My heart goes out to you and the rest of your family. Everyone is affected when someones not well. Depression is awful but time does make it better. Getting back into a routine usually helps a lot although thats usually the cause of the depression.

gleeber
24-Mar-09, 23:18
Sorry I posted that on the wrong thread.

Whitewater
24-Mar-09, 23:24
My heart goes out to you and the rest of your family. Everyone is affected when someones not well. Depression is awful but time does make it better. Getting back into a routine usually helps a lot although thats usually the cause of the depression.

I read your second post too, just as well. I thought you were having a "senior" moment

balto
24-Mar-09, 23:35
What you are saying makes sense, but the child minders have to make themselves known to the public otherwise nobody is going to know where to go with their child/children. I guess it is a vicious circle, but we all need to be vigilant in that area.
yeah but surly by just giving their phone numbers or emails is enough and if anyone wants to get in contact they have basic information they need.

scrumpysteve
25-Mar-09, 00:31
Just been looking at the business section, and was having a look at the childminding section, there seems to be a lot of them on there, who are happy to give theri addreses online, surly in this day and age that must be a bit risky, not only from any saddo that preys on young kids, all they need to do if they are clever enough is to go to a site like this and find where kids will be, also say if one parent for whatever reason isnt allowed contact with their child, all they need to do is find out the address of the childsminder and hey presto, you have an abtucted child, seems a bit careless if you ask me.
You're fretting over nothing Balto. If someone was that determined to kidnap a child, they'd do it, whether the childminder was advertising or not. I'm sure a would be kidnapper could easily follow a parent to the childminder or primary school for that matter and find out that way.

yeah but surly by just giving their phone numbers or emails is enough and if anyone wants to get in contact they have basic information they need.
Either way, the childminder has to have some way of advertising for business. But if someone got on the phone or sent an email to a childminder that was questioning the whereabouts of a kiddie, surely the childminder, who HAS to undergo police checks and an OFSTED check by an inspector, would have the commonsense and understanding to (a) hang up, (b) not reply to an email and/or (c) inform the police? Or do you think they have no sense?