PDA

View Full Version : Rest in Peace

rockchick
22-Mar-09, 08:34
Jade Goody has died, at 3:15am this morning (Mother's Day).

I feel for the family, and hope they will mourn their loss quietly.

riggerboy
22-Mar-09, 08:40
My heart felt sorrows to her kids RIP,

i cant say i liked her, she wasnt the nicest of folks on the planet but then i suppose that was the media hype, anyway may she rest now, and her family grieve for the loss of a loved one in peace,

brokencross
22-Mar-09, 08:45
Jade Goody has died, at 3:15am this morning (Mother's Day).

Very sad for the family. My deepest sympathy goes to them.

(Can't help thinking though that a certain publicist couldn't wish for a better day for the poor girl to die than Mothers day to maximise the whole media circus)
Sorry if that last comment seems insensitive but it is what I feel.

binbob
22-Mar-09, 09:15
god bless her and her wee boys....remember she was a very young girl and a mother.no one deserves this,no matter what others might think.

TRUCKER
22-Mar-09, 09:43
very sad news heart goes out to the family.

Wellies
22-Mar-09, 09:58
Such a sad day for her family. Hope the paparazi and media leave the boys and the rest of her real friends and family alone to mourn her in peace.

Venture
22-Mar-09, 12:24
I had never met Jade Goody so I had no reason to dislike her. The amount of publicity since her diagnosis did give me the chance to read and watch her, not as a celebrity but as a mother, daughter, wife and friend to many. I don't think she would have survived so long had it not been for her determination to have her house in order before she went. There was a very private side to Jade too and for her as a Mum to know she would never see her sons grow up must have been devastating. At 27 she had her whole life in front of her. As a Mum myself, on this Mother's Day, my heart goes out to Jackiey for the loss of her wonderful daughter.

No matter what other people thought about Jade, or what she had done or said in her life, in the end she lost her fight against a disease that we have all been touched by in one way or another. Celebrity or not. Let's not forget what that feels like and show some sympathy for her family and friends at this really sad time.

S&LHEN
22-Mar-09, 12:29
Awwwwww I was sad to read this, her poor boys what a shame it being on Mothers day to it will be a constant reminder for them:~(
She did her best for those boys when she was alive so thats the main thing She remained strong for them through out what a remarkable person. We could all learn something from her,

Rest in peace Jade

Ash
22-Mar-09, 12:31
I had never met Jade Goody so I had no reason to dislike her. The amount of publicity since her diagnosis did give me the chance to read and watch her, not as a celebrity but as a mother, daughter, wife and friend to many. I don't think she would have survived so long had it not been for her determination to have her house in order before she went. There was a very private side to Jade too and for her as a Mum to know she would never see her sons grow up must have been devastating. At 27 she had her whole life in front of her. As a Mum myself, on this Mother's Day, my heart goes out to Jackiey for the loss of her wonderful daughter.

No matter what other people thought about Jade, or what she had done or said in her life, in the end she lost her fight against a disease that we have all been touched by in one way or another. Celebrity or not. Let's not forget what that feels like and show some sympathy for her family and friends at this really sad time.

Couldnt have put it better myself

RIP Jade xxx

mrs and mr brown
22-Mar-09, 12:33
my heart goes out to jades family at this very sad time, as a mother i feel very sadened to think what jades mother is going threw and also jade at the time when she knew she didnt have long and she wouldnt be able to be and see her wonderful sons grow up to fine young men! how awful would it be to say good bye to loved ones, and to tell your children when they are so young what is happening, i really hope that they can get threw this hard time and remember jade before the illness and a wonderful, beautiful, fun and kind ect woman, mother, daughter.

even if people dont like jade please wish the family all the best and for the news papers and media let her rest in peace and give the family time to get over this heartbreaking time in peace.

also to everyone to remember jade for how she was and how brave she was with this horrid illness and not what the papers ect said in the past and present.

wishing the family well threw this hard time,

Gene Hunt
22-Mar-09, 12:39
I feel sorry for her children, growing up without a mother is not easy on any child.

That said I watched Sky News briefly this morning and the sickly sweet fawning and treating her as some kind of Saint is gag inducing. Its a sad day when Jade Goody warrants a days coverage apparently and our soldiers returning in boxes get barely a mention, and certainly not one from the Prime Minister.

This country has gone mad.

changilass
22-Mar-09, 12:45
What I find gag inducing is folks that feel the need to have a go on a RIP thread, if you want to be an arse go start your own thread.

Venture
22-Mar-09, 12:48
What I find gag inducing is folks that feel the need to have a go on a RIP thread, if you want to be an arse go start your own thread.

Totally agree with you changilass. Well said.

balto
22-Mar-09, 12:52
I feel sorry for her children, growing up without a mother is not easy on any child.

That said I watched Sky News briefly this morning and the sickly sweet fawning and treating her as some kind of Saint is gag inducing. Its a sad day when Jade Goody warrants a days coverage apparently and our soldiers returning in boxes get barely a mention, and certainly not one from the Prime Minister.

This country has gone mad.
how sad are you, this young woman showed so much care and determanation over the last few weeks, surly she deserves a bit of respect just now, yes its sad for soldiers die, but at the end of the day surly they know what the risks are when they sign up. where no-one ever expects or wants cancer.

Kodiak
22-Mar-09, 13:21
I feel sorry for her children for no matter what they will always be remembered as the offspring of Jade Goody and unfortunately there are those out there that will try their best to tarnish her name.

She was not a saint but she did all she could in the only way she knew how to, to provide for her family after she had gone and for that alone she should be given respect.

R.I.P. Jade

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5jfV0eoyV-IM99MeGcJ5_JqOgeb3Q

mrs and mr brown
22-Mar-09, 13:22
how sad are you, this young woman showed so much care and determanation over the last few weeks, surly she deserves a bit of respect just now, yes its sad for soldiers die, but at the end of the day surly they know what the risks are when they sign up. where no-one ever expects or wants cancer.

totaly agree bato. im sorry but if your going to war then your gunna get shot at, bombed ect, perks of the job. however i do feel for the family of the soldiers, anyone who dies its a great shame, but saing that no one ever expects or wants cancer or any illness so they deserve the most heartfelt wishes of all,

purplelady
22-Mar-09, 13:28
I agree with Balto Jade has been a very brave young woman who had dealt with with illness in the only way she knew how , she was a mother and a wife and no matter what any of us thought of her she was a fighter RIP Jade today is a sad day for all who loved you xxxxxxxxx

Harray
22-Mar-09, 13:35
Jane Tomlinson was a brave lady and she raised funds for charity and died in dignity with loved ones around her, not her media spokesman.

Many other famous people have also died of cancer without massive media coverage.

One good thing to come out this woman's demise is that we will no longer have to put up with the odious Max Clifford on a daily basis

Julia
22-Mar-09, 13:47
I can't say she was my favourite person over the last few years but having recently watched a couple of documentaries following her journey through her illness and latterly her wedding at the end of the day she's just a mum, a mum who made her dying public to secure a financial future for her children, for that she has my respect. Mums, young and old, die every day but the majority are not fortunate enough to secure futures for their children, if they could I'm sure they would too.

Venture
22-Mar-09, 14:03
Jane Tomlinson was a brave lady and she raised funds for charity and died in dignity with loved ones around her, not her media spokesman.

Many other famous people have also died of cancer without massive media coverage.

One good thing to come out this woman's demise is that we will no longer have to put up with the odious Max Clifford on a daily basis

Nobody has said that Jane Tomlinson wasn't a brave lady. Each person who has had cancer, whether they have survivied or not, are brave. It's obvious this thread is about Jade Goody not anyone else and you didn't have to post on it. You didn't need to put up with Max Clifford either. You could have turned your TV off.

Gene Hunt
22-Mar-09, 14:16

How sad am I ??

Check my previous posts and you will find I am only just back to work after getting over testicular cancer and the eventual removal of a testicle. I have had to face that along with my family, I had to pay for private treatment due to the pitiful lack of NHS funding for male cancers in my area.

I did not insult or disrespect Jade Goody or her children in my post. I expressed sympathy for her children and commented that I found the fawning media attitude towards Jade Goody sickening when others who also die are barely noticed. But don't let that get in the way of you taking the huff because I didn't jump onboard the Goody sympathy train in recent weeks and months. I had other things to deal with.

Oh and since we are telling home truths .. learn to spell and punctuate. That post looks like you typed it wearing boxing gloves.

kel24
22-Mar-09, 14:31
It is very sad that such a young women has died of this awful disease, and had to leave 2 beautiful children behind.

i think that people should be grateful that she was a celebrity in the public eye, because if it wasn't for her then the government wouldn't be considering dropping the age of cervical smearing to 20 instead of 25 in England! instead of slagging her off we should be thanking her. it is very sad that it has taken the misfortune of a celebrity to make them consider this change, what is the country coming too!

she chose to have the media cover her fight with the disease and she also made the documentaries so she could secure a future for her children, i have to say that if i was a celebrity in that position i don't think i would have done anything differently.

I wish her family and her children the very best for the future, and i hope her children always remember that when they look up at the sky and see the brightest star, that there mum is watching over them with much love.

R.I.P Jade

balto
22-Mar-09, 14:47
How sad am I ??

Check my previous posts and you will find I am only just back to work after getting over testicular cancer and the eventual removal of a testicle. I have had to face that along with my family, I had to pay for private treatment due to the pitiful lack of NHS funding for male cancers in my area.

I did not insult or disrespect Jade Goody or her children in my post. I expressed sympathy for her children and commented that I found the fawning media attitude towards Jade Goody sickening when others who also die are barely noticed. But don't let that get in the way of you taking the huff because I didn't jump onboard the Goody sympathy train in recent weeks and months. I had other things to deal with.

Oh and since we are telling home truths .. learn to spell and punctuate. That post looks like you typed it wearing boxing gloves.
surly as having recovered from cancer yourself, you should be a bit more understanding, as for my spelling well to be honest it doesnt worry me 1 bit as life is to short, to waste worrying about stuff like that and as for boxing cloves nah it was my 16 week old in my arms, dont like what i post then hey dont read.

balto
22-Mar-09, 14:58
It is very sad that such a young women has died of this awful disease, and had to leave 2 beautiful children behind.

i think that people should be grateful that she was a celebrity in the public eye, because if it wasn't for her then the government wouldn't be considering dropping the age of cervical smearing to 20 instead of 25 in England! instead of slagging her off we should be thanking her. it is very sad that it has taken the misfortune of a celebrity to make them consider this change, what is the country coming too!

she chose to have the media cover her fight with the disease and she also made the documentaries so she could secure a future for her children, i have to say that if i was a celebrity in that position i don't think i would have done anything differently.

I wish her family and her children the very best for the future, and i hope her children always remember that when they look up at the sky and see the brightest star, that there mum is watching over them with much love.

R.I.P Jade
totally agree with you, she showed more guts and determanation over the last few months than most of us do in a lifetime. jades problem was she wasnt primed like most celebs are, she was herself, didnt let the facted she wasnt the sharpest pencil in the box bother her, she was a very natural person.

When my kids told me this morning she had died, must admit i cried, it felt like a friend had died, think the fact she was so public with her illness and the fact she was going to die, let everyone in to her private live and for that she ought to be applauded.

And the fact she raised all that money for her boys is wonderful, at least this way she has looked after them for life, mind you given the option they would rather have nothing and their mum in their lives, rather than have everything and their mum in heaven.

rest in peace jadexx

candyfloss
22-Mar-09, 15:04
Sad to hear about Jade this morning, its such a shame on her two wee boys losing their mum and especially on mothers day :(

R.I.P Jade. x

teenybash
22-Mar-09, 15:05
Jade Goody may not have been everybodies cup of tea but, she has brought attention to the perils of not heeding the signs that could be cancer and many, many young women are now coming forward for their smear tests. This, I believe is what Jade will be remembered for, this gift she brought to this world will now save many, many lives.

Rest in peace Jane Goody, though you may have stumbled at times your heart remained kind. Bless you little girl who finally found the love she craved.

justine
22-Mar-09, 15:10
Jade would have changed everything if she could, but things being the way they were she had no control, but she accepted what was going to happen and was surrounded by the ones that matter the most.She died with dignity and pride. may she rest in peace.....

I cannot say that i liked her personally, but i do admire her courage and will power to do what she has done. All cancer survivors are admiral, and more so the ones who battle to the end.....:(

Harray
22-Mar-09, 15:13
Nobody has said that Jane Tomlinson wasn't a brave lady. Each person who has had cancer, whether they have survivied or not, are brave. It's obvious this thread is about Jade Goody not anyone else and you didn't have to post on it. You didn't need to put up with Max Clifford either. You could have turned your TV off.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The points I made did relate to Goody, and I think you will find it was Clifford who announced death thus meriting mention
As to me not being able to make a post, this a public forum which supposedy allows people to comment on Caithness related affairs.
As far as I can gather, neither Jade Goody or Max Clifford have any Caithness links so maybe it is you that should stop making posts about these people.

As for TV, have a look at Teletext. It is a strange world we live in, when the death of a overt racist bully makes headline news whilst we as a nation are fighting wars on many fronts

binbob
22-Mar-09, 15:29

ditto....[disgust]

butterfly
22-Mar-09, 15:53
This is a R.I.P thread,why cant people respect that and save their rot for another thread.....[disgust]

hotrod4
22-Mar-09, 15:56
Its a shame that she died,I just hope that the message gets across to all those out there to get yourself checked.
Its a horrible illness but early detection can save many many lives.
She at least died with ther dignity intact.

Ash
22-Mar-09, 16:50
God Bless all mums who have lost their fight against cancer and all those mums who are not here today.

God Bless all the children who have no mum to hand a card too today but maybe have a new mum to spend Mothers Day with.

God Bless all those who lose their children to cancer be it whether they are adult children or young children they are still somebodies child.

God Bless all those touched by cancer, such an awful horrific disease.

I feel very blessed today to be alive and with my child.

RIP Jade you can sleep now.

Jeff will do an amazing job bringing up those two boys, he needs support right now too.

joxville
22-Mar-09, 16:55
R.I.P. Jade

Venture
22-Mar-09, 17:03
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The points I made did relate to Goody, and I think you will find it was Clifford who announced death thus meriting mention
As to me not being able to make a post, this a public forum which supposedy allows people to comment on Caithness related affairs.
As far as I can gather, neither Jade Goody or Max Clifford have any Caithness links so maybe it is you that should stop making posts about these people.

As for TV, have a look at Teletext. It is a strange world we live in, when the death of a overt racist bully makes headline news whilst we as a nation are fighting wars on many fronts

Good advice below, especially for you Harray.

Gene Hunt
22-Mar-09, 18:04
surly as having recovered from cancer yourself, you should be a bit more understanding, as for my spelling well to be honest it doesnt worry me 1 bit as life is to short, to waste worrying about stuff like that and as for boxing cloves nah it was my 16 week old in my arms, don't like what i post then hey don't read.

Understanding ??

I am. I have a close friend who used to be on my ward, he has a few weeks left and three kids and a wife who will be on their own. He does not have millions in the banks from selling his misery to the highest bidder, he is just glad they will keep their home .. just. I save my understanding for those who need it, not those who want it.

What happened today is a tragedy, anyone passing away at that age is and especially when children are left behind. I was lucky, I realise that. Maybe thats why I look at things in a different light and find the whole media circus sickening.

And Hotrod's right. But lads, know this. In proportion male cancers get a lot less funding than female only cancers so get yourself clued up and start supporting the likes of Everyman. I never thought I would need them, I was wrong.

All you need to know here .. http://everyman-campaign.org/

butterfly
22-Mar-09, 18:52
This was a thread started for people to pay their respect to someone they admire,it's what some members want to do,so those who wish to say different should start another thread and have respect for other people on this one.Also respect for the dead.

Rest In Peace Jade

Stefan
22-Mar-09, 18:56
Awwwwww I was sad to read this, her poor boys what a shame it being on Mothers day to it will be a constant reminder for them:~(
Rest in peace Jade

My heart goes out to her boys and all of her family.
I think its a good thing that she passed away on Mothers Day.
Mothers Day will never be the same again as you mourn your mum every year on mothers day. You also mourn her on the day she died.
Having both on the same day might seem to make it harder. I think it will eventually make it easier for the rest of the year.

The boys are still very young and will most certainly not quite understand what has happened. That doesn't mean they won't miss their mum terribly. Talking to a star in the sky is just not the same as sitting on your mums knee.

Respect to Jade who used the one talent she had to change thousands of young girls attitude to smear tests and consequently will save millions of lives.

Stefan

Miss E
22-Mar-09, 19:08
God Bless to all of Jade's family and friends xxxx Rest in Peace Jade xxxx

Bless all who have been, and are dealing with or have yet to deal with any illness that takes the life of someone.

Life is short so lets live each day to the best we can, love and good wishes to others cost nothing - you don't have to be rich to give them but you are so much richer to recieve it - so love all and when we have tears to cry lets hope we can all have someone special to help us through.

God Bless xxx

Venture
22-Mar-09, 19:19
My heart goes out to her boys and all of her family.
I think its a good thing that she passed away on Mothers Day.
Mothers Day will never be the same again as you mourn your mum every year on mothers day. You also mourn her on the day she died.
Having both on the same day might seem to make it harder. I think it will eventually make it easier for the rest of the year.

Stefan

Although Jade died today 22nd March this date won't always be Mother's Day. As it is always a Sunday the date will vary from year to year.

feegilmour
22-Mar-09, 20:20
i lost my granny who brought me up as her own last year on mothers day which last year woz 2nd march and woz dreadin the day altho date is different it woz still mothers day she died and so mourn twice
all thots 2 jades family

Rheghead
22-Mar-09, 21:15
I guess this thread should have been moved to the Births,Deaths and Marriages section if it was to be understood that members aren't allowed to freely express any opinions (negative or positive) about Jade Goody.

justine
22-Mar-09, 21:25
I guess this thread should have been moved to the Births,Deaths and Marriages section if it was to be understood that members aren't allowed to freely express any opinions (negative or positive) about Jade Goody.

I have to agree.

Jane goody will be remembered by those that love her for always, but in truth most people in the general public secter will put her death to the back of their minds sooner than later. How many in truth think of the Death of Diana until the anniversary date. Its in our nature to forget or put to the back of our minds.

Death for families is devastitng enough but even members of the immediate family of jane goody will remember her good times and bad, so why should we not speak our minds on the subject.

Yes i have lost an Aunt and a F-I-L to cancer, i know how devasting it can be.

Rheghead
22-Mar-09, 21:30
Due to a recent posting of a Death notice with incorrect details.

We would like to ask that only family members of the deceased post a notice.

This will prevent any further upset when someone (with the best intentions) posts without the full facts.

By rights this thread shouldn't exist if the original poster isn't a family member.

justine
22-Mar-09, 21:42
By rights this thread shouldn't exist if the original poster isn't a family member.

I dont believe that has anythng to do with "Public News". Its in the news papers. not exactly private.

You know aswell as many on here that was to stop idle gossip causing heartache for members of families in our own community.

dragonfly
22-Mar-09, 21:53
I lost my mum yesterday and the pain is unbearable to me as an adult so I can only imagine how Jade's little boys are feeling today and hope that with their Dad they can grow with a normal loving family life that Jade built the foundations for and live their lives in relative normality.

justine
22-Mar-09, 21:55
I lost my mum yesterday and the pain is unbearable to me as an adult so I can only imagine how Jade's little boys are feeling today and hope that with their Dad they can grow with a normal loving family life that Jade built the foundations for and live their lives in relative normality.

Im sorry to hear of your loss.

scorrie
22-Mar-09, 22:05

To be fair to Gene Hunt, he did not insult or attack Jade Goody or her family. It is the media frenzy and public attitude that came into question. It is hard not to agree that the attention lavished on one person who, sadly, perished from Cancer, is out of all proportion in a world where many more serious events are taking place. People are out there dying from things as simple, and sortable, as a lack of clean water, yet some of us would rather spend money on flowers for someone whom they didn't know personally. Why should Gordon Brown pass on his regrets, when other people slip away without comment?

I always wished Jade Goody all the best with making a living the best way she could given her ability. I wish her Peace now that she is gone. The media attention and public obsession with Celebrity make no sense to me though.

changilass
22-Mar-09, 22:18
Should the media attention not be the subject of a seperate thread rather than tagged on to an RIP thread, as they are two seperate issues - even if they do both involve the same person.

Rheghead
22-Mar-09, 22:28
Should the media attention not be the subject of a seperate thread rather than tagged on to an RIP thread, as they are two seperate issues - even if they do both involve the same person.

I understand what you say and I support it broadly but I see no Org definition of an RIP thread and any protocol of posting being drawn up by Mods etc. What I do object to is people on their holier than thou pedestals villifying other posters for expressing an opinion and spouting their morality where none is needed or asked for. It is human nature to form an opinion on people like Jade Goody, that is how she came to notoriety and I suspect she would not even bat an eyelid at any of the comments on this thread. In summary, if you want to start a RIP thread in General and you don't want bad comments then it should be stated in the first post. How many times are we going to have to deal with this issue over and over again when someone dies?? :confused

bettedaviseyes
22-Mar-09, 23:46
R.I.P jade

purplelady
23-Mar-09, 00:30
Understanding ??

I am. I have a close friend who used to be on my ward, he has a few weeks left and three kids and a wife who will be on their own. He does not have millions in the banks from selling his misery to the highest bidder, he is just glad they will keep their home .. just. I save my understanding for those who need it, not those who want it.

What happened today is a tragedy, anyone passing away at that age is and especially when children are left behind. I was lucky, I realise that. Maybe thats why I look at things in a different light and find the whole media circus sickening.

And Hotrod's right. But lads, know this. In proportion male cancers get a lot less funding than female only cancers so get yourself clued up and start supporting the likes of Everyman. I never thought I would need them, I was wrong.

All you need to know here .. http://everyman-campaign.org/Am sorry for anyone who has suffered with cancer or has it now and that icludes my dear dad but this is not about you it is thread about a very brave young woman who lost her fight early hours of this morning. And like many have said dhe has done a lot for young woman alover this country just leave the poor woman alone .

percy toboggan
23-Mar-09, 00:36
As one who finds the semi-hysterical reaction to this womans life and death - she was anonymous until about five years ago I think I do find the hectoring tone of those who choose to villify her detractors somewhat strange. I wasn't going to comment but I find some of this villification quite hair raising....I suppose I'll cop for some of it now but never mind.

There is a lot of faux - grief on tap with the British public these days - within weeks , once the broo-haa-haa of an undoubtedly high profile funeral is over with she will be forgotten by all but a soft hard core of big-brother desperado chav luvvylikes.

I regret her untimely death but no more than any other. Countless numbers of people strive hard against terminal illness without the need to display their ordeal in a goldfish bowl.

The sooner this phoney fuss evaporates the better.

That Gordon Brown has seen fit to publicly mark Jade Goody's 'courage' is perfectly ridiculous and a sign of just how desperate politicians are to appeal to the vaccuous celebrity culture abroad in Britain today, and tap in to the lowest common denominator is search of a vote. Jade Goody - in her short prime - meant little to me...the only time I ever saw her on television was when she was arguing with some Indian woman who seemed to give as good as she got.. Having endured a few minutes of it I turned it off...or over. Others are more deserving of 'public grief' , if there is such a thing in substantive reality. This episode is reminiscent of those Diana-days in 1997 when the nation went nuts in a frenzied wail fest...then settled back to normaility even before the flowers had shrivelled up.

You should all buy my favourite poster...
"KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON"
I know all about real grief, and the death of a celebrity ain't it....unless you're related...and closely at that.

emc246
23-Mar-09, 00:50
something people should focus on from this is the fact that due to Jade being somebody who was in the public eye, her battle with cervical cancer meant that it helped turn a disease that wasn't often publicisied or well documented into one that is receiving a huge amount of media coverage and this in turn leads to women going for vital smear tests and will have a lasting effect on us.

Many women before now avoided smears, perhaps didn't fully realise the risk and tragic results that can occur if you fail to go for them and get check-up's. My mother died from this type of cancer and I am checked regularly for it due to this.

I am saddened at the passing of Jade Goody, whether a reality TV star or minor celebrity or whatever you think of her, she was still a regular person just like us who suffered the same as every other cancer patient and tragically lost her life to it. RIP Jade.

percy toboggan
23-Mar-09, 01:29
...she was still a regular person just like us who suffered the same as every other cancer patient and tragically lost her life to it. RIP Jade.

While I was semi-chastened by good points in your post I have to say Jade Goody was nothing 'like me'.

That said, I hope she rests in the peace she shunned during her final days.

As a man who pays little regard to female health issues I have been aware for a long time that smear tests are a very good idea. Cervical cancer is a nasty disease and does not deserve the stigma some ill informed people attach to it.

I've no wish to engage in a slanging match on this topic as it is painful for many with personal experience of similar issues. I needed to get that last post off my chest though and now I have.

Fran
23-Mar-09, 03:14
As one who finds the semi-hysterical reaction to this womans life and death - she was anonymous until about five years ago I think I do find the hectoring tone of those who choose to villify her detractors somewhat strange. I wasn't going to comment but I find some of this villification quite hair raising....I suppose I'll cop for some of it now but never mind.

There is a lot of faux - grief on tap with the British public these days - within weeks , once the broo-haa-haa of an undoubtedly high profile funeral is over with she will be forgotten by all but a soft hard core of big-brother desperado chav luvvylikes.

I regret her untimely death but no more than any other. Countless numbers of people strive hard against terminal illness without the need to display their ordeal in a goldfish bowl.

The sooner this phoney fuss evaporates the better.

That Gordon Brown has seen fit to publicly mark Jade Goody's 'courage' is perfectly ridiculous and a sign of just how desperate politicians are to appeal to the vaccuous celebrity culture abroad in Britain today, and tap in to the lowest common denominator is search of a vote. Jade Goody - in her short prime - meant little to me...the only time I ever saw her on television was when she was arguing with some Indian woman who seemed to give as good as she got.. Having endured a few minutes of it I turned it off...or over. Others are more deserving of 'public grief' , if there is such a thing in substantive reality. This episode is reminiscent of those Diana-days in 1997 when the nation went nuts in a frenzied wail fest...then settled back to normaility even before the flowers had shrivelled up.

You should all buy my favourite poster...
"KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON"
I know all about real grief, and the death of a celebrity ain't it....unless you're related...and closely at that.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

I completely agree with you. I think Jade will become the second diana, and yet our young soldiers dont get publicity like this.
I think ALL terminally ill cancer patients are very very brave.
It wont end here. The front page stories will now be full of the death, then the funeral, then what people say, and then her husband will have his own story of how jade died and he will net thousands. It all seems to be about money.

The Pepsi Challenge
23-Mar-09, 03:29
I don't wish to be disrespectful to the girl's passing, but at least it signals the end of the circus. Never before has a tragedy been milked as much for what it was worth. It has brought reality television to a new low; these messages of condolence are nothing but an exercise in hypocrisy.

Sure, we all feel sorry when a young person dies and feel for her two children, but the whole affair, under the orchestration of Max Clifford leaves a bad taste in the mouth. The report of Gordon Brown leading tributes - tributes to someone who did nothing of any real note before her illness - just demonstrates how out of hand the whole unsavoury the whole affair has become.

Metalattakk
23-Mar-09, 04:04
The report of Gordon Brown leading tributes - tributes to someone who did nothing of any real note before her illness - just demonstrates how out of hand the whole unsavoury affair has become.

I can only agree. This is the same man who cannot (or will not) pay similar tribute to the soldiers returned to UK soil in Union Flag-covered caskets. [disgust]

When all is said and done, who exactly was Jade Goody, and exactly how important was she to the nation at large?

Don't get me wrong, I feel for her family, and I feel sympathy for her - to have your life stolen from you at such a young age cannot be anything but tragic - but...the very fact that she used her 'fame' - a fame that was surely undeserved in the very first place - to profiteer for the benefit of her family, while many hundreds of thousands of equally (or even more) deserving cancer sufferers cannot do the same, smacks to me of a certain injustice.

However, if her demise can lead to an increase in smear-test acceptance amongst young women, then perhaps something good can come of all this. Time will tell.

Rest In Publicity, Jade.

Gene Hunt
23-Mar-09, 08:22
Am sorry for anyone who has suffered with cancer or has it now and that icludes my dear dad but this is not about you it is thread about a very brave young woman who lost her fight early hours of this morning. And like many have said dhe has done a lot for young woman alover this country just leave the poor woman alone .

Right .. Please point out where I attacked Jade Goody.

So before you start whining at me and making assumptions go back and read what I wrote.

I was a TA Officer for nearly ten years and find all the media fawning over Jade Goody unbelievable when servicemen and women are repatriated to an indifferent country that is a lot more interested in Dancing on Ice, X Factor and the price of Scratchcards than them. The PM does not think they are worthy of mention in comparison to Jade Goody it seems. That was the point I made.

I am sad that she passed and I feel for her kids but watching the country go into collective grief mode a la 1997 is making me queasy. Sky News were calling her "Essex Princess" last night .. pass the bucket. If you have the hump because I am not getting all weepy and taking a seat on the grief bus then tough. If more women are getting Cancer screens because of her publicity then that is only a good thing but it is only an indirect result of selling your misery to the highest bidder. And that is something that leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Ash
23-Mar-09, 09:26
Sky news called her the essex princess because thats what the people in her street were calling her

none of us knew her however i am sad she died of course i am

dandod
23-Mar-09, 09:28
i think she showed tremendous courage.and i think people speaking bad of her after her death are the lowest of the low.she may have made mistakes but nobody is perfect.but you can not doubt the love she had for her 2 children and her family she seemed to be the one being strong and supporting them.

gleeber
23-Mar-09, 09:29
You did'nt attack Jade Goody but you did attack what I would call a genuine move of human emotion. You say you don't understand how people can mourn for Jade but yet feel indifferent towards the sacrifice of our soldiers who are dying far too regularly now. That's why people found your attitude out of order on a RIP thread. You just don't understand what's happeneing.
You think that by mourning Jade they are snubbing the sacrifice of our soldiers. They are not! It's probably much more personal than that. It was the same with Diana. Something deep in the human condition gets stirred at times like these. Given a few hours on an analysts couch I suspect some answers could be found and valid explanations given.
As for jade. The good her stance has done for young women has far outweighed what appears to be a media circus although I don't believe it is a media circus any more than Gordon Brown does not acknowledge the sacrifice of our soldiers.
On a personal level I got caught up in the emotions her life and death generated. I understand how and I am not in the least bit ashamed by it. It's natural when we live in a global villiage where small town habits are exhibited on an international level in our front rooms every day.

binbob
23-Mar-09, 10:47
-----------------------------------------------------------------

I completely agree with you. I think Jade will become the second diana, and yet our young soldiers dont get publicity like this.
I think ALL terminally ill cancer patients are very very brave.
It wont end here. The front page stories will now be full of the death, then the funeral, then what people say, and then her husband will have his own story of how jade died and he will net thousands. It all seems to be about money.

i think anyone with any chronic illness should be admired..i do not think it is BRAVERY...a word used far too losely.
it is a challenge one has to BEAR and however one does that is up to them.
i think cancer is awful [lost my dad to lung cancer] he was very dignified in his suffering,but as a world war 11 sailor,he would have hated being called brave.
so please think of others who suffer many ,many years of chronic illness too.
jade had a short ,but painful illness....thank god she is no longer in pain.

Venture
23-Mar-09, 11:37
Well said gleeber. Like you I'm not ashamed to say that I too became caught up in the final chapter of Jade's life. I posted on this thread to show sympathy for her family following Jade's untimely death. That is what I thought this thread was all about. Going by many posts on here I must be needing new glasses as it seems I forgot to mention my opinions on serving soldiers killed in action, how good the Prime Minister is at his job and of course the media.

Jade Goody died as she lived, in the public eye. I hope for all those who didn't like her or what she was all about that she has the biggest most over the top funeral ever with a big brass band and thousands lining the streets. Knowing Jade she will have planned to go out with a bang. All I have to say to that is. Good on you girl...go get 'em Jade. ;)

hotrod4
23-Mar-09, 12:01
No matter what no-one can knock that this "silly little girl" done good.How the journo's sneered at her with disgust when she tried to earn money after BB.She earned more in a year than most of them will ever earn.She may not have been the sharpest tool in the box but she at least knew how to manipulate the media for her gain,how she must have laughed at them,I know I did!!!!
She was an "ordinary" person who made a good living and that is probably why so many people feel compassion for her, and those that mocked her over the years-jealousy?
I know I am jealous of all that she earned but I wouldnt trade my life for all that money.
She was alright in my book so RIP Jade.x

The Angel Of Death
23-Mar-09, 12:21
Like quite a few on this post i will be glad when i stick on the TV and not get the poor jade guff that's been doing the rounds for quite a while my views is that your average Joe or Flo blogs don't get the chance to make the sackful of £££ she has made to keep there kids / house etc after they pass they have to just get on with it and cope as best they can

Yes its sad she has died but getting the coverage that she is getting where a soldier who fights for queen and country dies and barely gets a passing remark is just wrong

Answer me the question anyone if Flo blogg's was struck with the same illness would her husband who was in jail at the time be released to be with her or indeed get a mention by the PM for being such a brave person the answer to that is almost certainly no and that's what really gets up my nose one rule for us "commoners" and another for a minor z list celeb who up until she was diagnosed with cancer was regarded as a racist by most of the country in fact Mira Hindley was about the only other person hated more

Again these are my views and don't start moaning if you don't like them were all entitled to our own opinion

changilass
23-Mar-09, 13:01
I totally support the right of everyone to have an opinion and to be able to express that opinion - just go start your own thread to do it.

I just don't think its necessary to do it on an RIP thread.

I also don't think we need something specific in the rules to say not to spoil an RIP thread - basic good manners should tell you that it is wrong and to go start another thread.

Since when does having sympthy for one individual preclude having sympathy for another.

I am not saying that you shouldn't speak ill of the dead, if they were bad 'uns when they were alive why should we have to fawn all over them in death.

All I am saying is that there is a time and a place, and I personally don't think that the place to discuss the rights and wrongs is on an RIP thread.

Just to clarify what I am saying - GO START ANOTHER THREAD

cuddlepop
23-Mar-09, 13:08
RIP Jade and thank you for highlighting cervical cancer in young woman.

Hopefully no more young women will lose their lifes to this silent killer by getting the screening they deserve.:(

emc246
23-Mar-09, 13:15
While I was semi-chastened by good points in your post I have to say Jade Goody was nothing 'like me'.

I meant a human being like we all are, discount the fact she was on Big Brother or was a minor celebrity.

honey
23-Mar-09, 13:32
RIP Jade, at least you arent suffering anymore.

As for the attitudes of some. Jade Goody NEVER claimed to be the ONLY person to be suffering this disease, quite the oposite, yes, the main part of her being open and public about her illness and her fight was to ensure her sons would be looked after in the future.. but another big part was her saying

"look, this is happening to me, but not just me... to many people are suffering from this disease, and a lot of them dont need to be"

i sit in my office on a daily basis and hear of yet another lassie going fo her smear test. Its a topic of dicsussion now, not a taboo subjet we all shied away from, not least because we wanted to put our test to the back of our mind.

Jade has acheived what she set out to do....yes other "celebs" prefer to "suffer in silence", and i really dont blame them... but being so open and vocal about it hasnt changed the fact she has died, but it will probably save other woman too.

of course, people are going to want to disagree with me, but lets save that for another thread.

my thought are with her boys and family at this sad time.

butterfly
23-Mar-09, 14:33
I totally support the right of everyone to have an opinion and to be able to express that opinion - just go start your own thread to do it.

I just don't think its necessary to do it on an RIP thread.

I also don't think we need something specific in the rules to say not to spoil an RIP thread - basic good manners should tell you that it is wrong and to go start another thread.

Since when does having sympthy for one individual preclude having sympathy for another.

I am not saying that you shouldn't speak ill of the dead, if they were bad 'uns when they were alive why should we have to fawn all over them in death.

All I am saying is that there is a time and a place, and I personally don't think that the place to discuss the rights and wrongs is on an RIP thread.

Just to clarify what I am saying - GO START ANOTHER THREAD

Totally agree with that.

Gene Hunt
23-Mar-09, 16:43
You did'nt attack Jade Goody but you did attack what I would call a genuine move of human emotion. You say you don't understand how people can mourn for Jade but yet feel indifferent towards the sacrifice of our soldiers who are dying far too regularly now. That's why people found your attitude out of order on a RIP thread. You just don't understand what's happeneing.
You think that by mourning Jade they are snubbing the sacrifice of our soldiers. They are not! It's probably much more personal than that. It was the same with Diana. Something deep in the human condition gets stirred at times like these. Given a few hours on an analysts couch I suspect some answers could be found and valid explanations given.
As for jade. The good her stance has done for young women has far outweighed what appears to be a media circus although I don't believe it is a media circus any more than Gordon Brown does not acknowledge the sacrifice of our soldiers.
On a personal level I got caught up in the emotions her life and death generated. I understand how and I am not in the least bit ashamed by it. It's natural when we live in a global villiage where small town habits are exhibited on an international level in our front rooms every day.

Oh my God.

How many times do I have to say the same thing ??

I made a comparison about the M-E-D-I-A. If people read my first post and jumped to their own conclusions that is not my fault.

I don't think that posters are snubbing anyone by showing sympathy for Jade. My comparison was towards the media and our Prime Minister which seems to have shot over people's heads. Instead I have been referred both on and off forum as "sick" "sad" and an "arse" yet I am not stamping my feet like a child because people have that view. I really couldnt care less actually.

And I dont understand whats happening ?? I know you never meant that as a personal dig but I am going to calm down for a minute before I type. How many of the self righteous who have laid into me actually knew Jade ?? .. exactly .. NONE. I have a friend I will be going to see shortly who was on my ward when I was in Hospital. He is terminal with bowel cancer and was a big help to me when I was feeling low after losing a twin to the big C. So please dont tell me that I dont understand. That man is my friend and not a Z list celeb I didnt know yet you dont see me weeping and wailing at the injustice of it all. He would slap me if I did !!, If people got caught up in her media circus then fair play but they have to accept not all people feel that way and want to join in.

I am not going to post again on this subject. Apparently criticising anything to do with St Jade of Bermondsey or her media coverage is simply beyond the pale to some, I will instead concentrate on more important things.

Enjoy.

katarina
23-Mar-09, 18:43
Sorry if i offend anyone, but does anyone who has been affected by this terrible disease actually want to watch the demise and subsequent aftermath of someone else dying? I certainly do not. I read magazines and watch tv for pleasure, not to see pain and misery in what should in my opinion be a very private time. I turn the TV off when ever she appears and avoid papers and magazines that sport her picture. If more women go for their smear tests because of her then that is good, but sorry, apart from that, I feel this is a reality show gone a step too far.

purplelady
23-Mar-09, 19:38
Oh my God.

How many times do I have to say the same thing ??

I made a comparison about the M-E-D-I-A. If people read my first post and jumped to their own conclusions that is not my fault.

I don't think that posters are snubbing anyone by showing sympathy for Jade. My comparison was towards the media and our Prime Minister which seems to have shot over people's heads. Instead I have been referred both on and off forum as "sick" "sad" and an "arse" yet I am not stamping my feet like a child because people have that view. I really couldnt care less actually.

And I dont understand whats happening ?? I know you never meant that as a personal dig but I am going to calm down for a minute before I type. How many of the self righteous who have laid into me actually knew Jade ?? .. exactly .. NONE. I have a friend I will be going to see shortly who was on my ward when I was in Hospital. He is terminal with bowel cancer and was a big help to me when I was feeling low after losing a twin to the big C. So please dont tell me that I dont understand. That man is my friend and not a Z list celeb I didnt know yet you dont see me weeping and wailing at the injustice of it all. He would slap me if I did !!, If people got caught up in her media circus then fair play but they have to accept not all people feel that way and want to join in.

I am not going to post again on this subject. Apparently criticising anything to do with St Jade of Bermondsey or her media coverage is simply beyond the pale to some, I will instead concentrate on more important things.

Enjoy.
i have a close friend who had this awful discease and she also had breast cancer so I do know what this awful thing is like and like I said my dear dad has cancer too ,my cousin has just spend 2yrs fighting breast cancer and my ex mother in law died of cancer so I guess if feeling sorry for a young woman i do not know is wrong then I am wrong , jade died how she lived for the past 5 yrs in the spotlite so please leave the poor girl alone she is gone and now there are two little boys with no mum to hold them when they are sad, as a mum i could not bear the thought of leaving my kids forever how hard must have that have been for her. Sorry for going on but I see her mum thanking everyone for their kind words and then I read some of the messages on here and am digusted, I was never a big jade fan but she was just like you and I a normal person who just happened to go bb and get noticed yes for being loud but hey that was jade x

Tubthumper
23-Mar-09, 23:40
Pardon my ignorance, I've been away. Can anyone give me a quick heads-up on who this lady is and why there's such a furore please? I feel I may have missed something significant

purplelady
24-Mar-09, 13:25
Pardon my ignorance, I've been away. Can anyone give me a quick heads-up on who this lady is and why there's such a furore please? I feel I may have missed something significantJade goody won bb a few yrs ago got into trouble over some racist comments she made which i would like to say in my humble opinion were blown out of preprotion yes she was gobby and spoke her mind lol a girl after my own heart , anyway she found out last yr she had cerveval cancer which later spread she choose to let the media in on her illness and her stuffering etc and made no bones about the fact she was doing it for her two young boys to make money for there future, and there has been a lot of public sympathy for the girl who died on sunday she has done a lot to highlite this awful discease if I have missed anything sure someone will let me know lol.

mama2
24-Mar-09, 17:04
Jade didn't win BB she came 3rd. Kate Lawler won but in fact Jade was the financial "winner".

My heart goes out to her 2 wee boys RIP Jade xxxx

binbob
24-Mar-09, 17:11
Jade didn't win BB she came 3rd. Kate Lawler won but in fact Jade was the financial "winner".

My heart goes out to her 2 wee boys RIP Jade xxxx

to be concise..jade came 4th...so it said on sky and bbc news.but it makes little difference....and who is KATE LAWLER..probably a bimbo.;)

mama2
24-Mar-09, 17:19
to be concise..jade came 4th...so it said on sky and bbc news.but it makes little difference....and who is KATE LAWLER..probably a bimbo.;)

Your dead right Alex came 3rd, Jade was 4th I forgot about him!
Kate Lawler is Kate Lawler dont know how else to explain except she won big brother!

purplelady
24-Mar-09, 18:23
hehehehehe knew if i got something wrong someone would say, I actually forgot she did not win the show x Do think that it is men who are showing less sympathy maybe it is something to do with their macho imagne lol

mama2
24-Mar-09, 19:22
hehehehehe knew if i got something wrong someone would say, I actually forgot she did not win the show x Do think that it is men who are showing less sympathy maybe it is something to do with their macho imagne lol

Without starting a witchhunt :lol: I think that most (not all) men tend to be less sympathetic with things!! They tend to rule with their heads and not their hearts!
Certainly I've found in the case of Jade that nearly everyone is sympathetic towards what happened to her. There are very few people who would wish cancer on anybody no matter how much they liked or disliked them. I myself feel especially touched by her story as she is just a year or so younger than me and our boys are of similar age and I cannot imagine how heartbreaking it must have been telling them the news that she would not be around to see them grow up.

I can however, see why some folk may feel that it has left a bitter taste, after all a lot of people do see it as selling her soul (god rest it). I can also see the point of view that there are thousands of people in the same position as Jade was in who were losing their battle against this awful disease and were leaving children but they didn't get all these freebies, handouts and make millions to leave their loved ones. I personally doesn't bother me either way if she decided to tell her story or not.
I just hope that Jade is now at peace and that her 2 boys grow up to be happy young men. I'm also sending my love to every single person who is either fighting or affected by cancer xxxxxxxxxxxx

binbob
24-Mar-09, 19:26
Your dead right Alex came 3rd, Jade was 4th I forgot about him!
Kate Lawler is Kate Lawler dont know how else to explain except she won big brother!

i know kate lawler came first,but do we ever hear about her???no....she was not a patch on jade.;)

best wishes

scorrie
24-Mar-09, 21:29
Without starting a witchhunt :lol: I think that most (not all) men tend to be less sympathetic with things!! They tend to rule with their heads and not their hearts!
Certainly I've found in the case of Jade that nearly everyone is sympathetic towards what happened to her. There are very few people who would wish cancer on anybody no matter how much they liked or disliked them. I myself feel especially touched by her story as she is just a year or so younger than me and our boys are of similar age and I cannot imagine how heartbreaking it must have been telling them the news that she would not be around to see them grow up.

I can however, see why some folk may feel that it has left a bitter taste, after all a lot of people do see it as selling her soul (god rest it). I can also see the point of view that there are thousands of people in the same position as Jade was in who were losing their battle against this awful disease and were leaving children but they didn't get all these freebies, handouts and make millions to leave their loved ones. I personally doesn't bother me either way if she decided to tell her story or not.
I just hope that Jade is now at peace and that her 2 boys grow up to be happy young men. I'm also sending my love to every single person who is either fighting or affected by cancer xxxxxxxxxxxx

I cannot understand the people who are of the opinion that Jade "sold her soul"

If you look at Jade Goody's life as a whole, there is nothing really to report up until the time she entered the Big Brother house. She was not gifted with a sharp mind or supermodel looks. Not popular enough to win Big Brother, she left the house to cries of "Burn the pig" from some sectors. From there on she managed to make herself into a millionaire. Some people will question a society than can elevate someone of Jade's limited talents to iconic status in certain homes but the fact remains the lassie was getting rich and having lots of exposure at the same time. Probably for the first time in her life she felt good about herself and was enjoying the fame. Fame can be an addictive beast and it is no wonder she stayed in the limelight for so long. There was no other way that Jade could have earned the money she did for leaving to her boys. It can be argued that she was wealthy enough already but I don't think there is a parent out there who doesn't dream about leaving their own kids secure for life if they could.

My criticism is with the media obsession and inappropriate comments from the Prime Minister, at a time when some of our citizens are giving their lives for the Government, often for very little money or recognition.

mccaugm
24-Mar-09, 22:48

I totally agree...found myself crying for her on Sunday. I am so glad her legacy will mean that women will go for a smear test and in some cases save their own lives. JADE RIP