PDA

View Full Version : Email scam?

barmar62
21-Mar-09, 22:01
I have just received an email, supposedly from the "financial and anti terrorist department" of the FBI saying that I have won $800 000 in a lottery, which they have kindly put in an american bank for me! The only problem is that I have to send some money to the email address given to pay taxes etc and have the money released into my account.
I am concerned that other people who get this email might send their money, only to find it is a hoax. Has anyone else had the same email ?:~(

teenybash
21-Mar-09, 22:15
Best thing to do is hit the delete button......they are all scams.

joxville
21-Mar-09, 22:18
For peace of mind send the money to me which I'll pass on to them. Honest guv.

shazzap
21-Mar-09, 22:45
I get several email's like the one you mention every day i just delete them.

DeHaviLand
22-Mar-09, 02:37
I have just received an email, supposedly from the "financial and anti terrorist department" of the FBI saying that I have won $800 000 in a lottery, which they have kindly put in an american bank for me! The only problem is that I have to send some money to the email address given to pay taxes etc and have the money released into my account.
I am concerned that other people who get this email might send their money, only to find it is a hoax. Has anyone else had the same email ?:~(

ROFL, does anyone seriously think that the FBI are in the habit of running lotteries?