PDA

View Full Version : Mobile street venders.

cuddlepop
15-Mar-09, 17:37
As our school children are not "eating healthy" HC are proposing to look again at street venders licences to operate within the vicinity of a school.

Their catering budget forthis financial year is projected to come in at a £500.000 loss so I'm sure thats got something to do with it to.

Seriously if the kids are refusing HC healthy eating options removing "burger vans" will only make other food outlets profit.

Our local bakery is a no go area at luchtime because of the kids queing for their lunch.:confused

EDDIE
15-Mar-09, 18:14
As our school children are not "eating healthy" HC are proposing to look again at street venders licences to operate within the vicinity of a school.

Their catering budget forthis financial year is projected to come in at a £500.000 loss so I'm sure thats got something to do with it to.

Seriously if the kids are refusing HC healthy eating options removing "burger vans" will only make other food outlets profit.

Our local bakery is a no go area at luchtime because of the kids queing for their lunch.:confused

I think when comes to decideing what foods good and what is not i would say every food is good in moderation and its all about educating the kids and parents and i think the biggest problem kids have these days is not enough exercise there is to much time wasted sitting down watching tv playing with pc and games consules thats a problem as well

cuddlepop
15-Mar-09, 18:22
Lack of exercise is another problem too.The older the kids get the less exercise they want to our have to take.:eek:

I know if our two venders are refused a renewal or restictions on trading the other local outlets of "fast" food with be rubbing their hands in glee.:(

purplelady
16-Mar-09, 00:16
I work in a local chippie and at lunchtime it is heaving x

Chillie
16-Mar-09, 02:17

Take it you have an interest in the the local bakery, or you had / kid's a bad burger out the out the van then

cuddlepop
16-Mar-09, 13:16
Take it you have an interest in the the local bakery, or you had / kid's a bad burger out the out the van then

I dont work so am rather confused as to your comment.
My daughter wont eat anythong from a burger van so your comments irrelevent.:confused

I just think its unfair on venders who are trying to make a living just like everybody else.