PDA

View Full Version : Emigrating from Auld Caledonia

davie
13-Mar-09, 17:02
Would .orgers consider emigrating to a country where things are in a sorry state such as :

1.The police dump their drunks in back alleys to die.

2. National Debt is 62.3% of Gross Domestic Product ( GB was 47.2% on the same date)

3. Unemployment is running at 6.1% (GB was 5.5% on the same date)

4. Part of the country wants to become independant under French control

5. The American Government has this to say about said country :

"Illicit drugs: illicit producer of cannabis for the domestic drug market and export to US; use of hydroponics technology permits growers to plant large quantities of high-quality marijuana indoors; increasing ecstasy production, some of which is destined for the US; vulnerable to narcotics money laundering because of its mature financial services sector".

I did consider it once but maybe Scotia is not so bad after all.

Bazeye
13-Mar-09, 17:22
How much do you pay for the weed?

rich
13-Mar-09, 20:12
I think you've maybe been inhaling too much peat reek, Dave.
But should you decide to uproot yourself after all, watch out for the French! (Quebcois to you) they are liable to introduce you to wine and good food and after that some McGarrigle Sisters.
And you might never go home again!

golach
13-Mar-09, 20:21
watch out for the French! (Quebcois to you) they are liable to introduce you to wine and good food
Wine and good food?? Horsemeat and snails!!! and a lake of over rated plonk? Don't make me boawk!!!
Whats wrong with Tatties 'an Herreen' , and Clapshot, Haggis and Neeps, and a nice pint of Heavy.[lol]
But a nice 8 oz Reubens sandwich would go down well, with a pint of Belhaven Best [lol]

rich
13-Mar-09, 21:33
You see, Golach, you are attracted,in spite of yourself. When are you coming over for a visit?

Tristan
13-Mar-09, 22:16
I can see a lot of problems with a county that was ranked by the United Nations for almost a decade (up to the year 2001) number one among 175 countries in the United Nation's Quality of Life survey. Not to mention it continues to be in the top 10.

Every country has its problems, some more than others.

weedonald
13-Mar-09, 22:43
Davie, dinna fash yersel aboot us in this fine country..wir jist enjoyan every day o it

Thumper
14-Mar-09, 14:23
Where ever we choose to live in the world there will be problems,nowhere is perfect!Given half the chance i would have emmigrated to Canada years ago,but unlike the UK they are fussy about who gets in!I have lived in caithness all my life and feel unsafe when I am in a city but yet when I was in Canada I never felt unsafe once!The quality of living over there is far beyond here IMO x

Bruce_H
14-Mar-09, 15:24
Well, if you are using those kinds of stats, California can trump Canada to be certain! Lets have a look....

1.The police dump their drunks in back alleys to die.

Well, how about police dump the homeless in back alleys to die. At least they were doing that in Los Angeles up until 3 years ago.

2. National Debt is 62.3% of Gross Domestic Product ( GB was 47.2% on the same date)

California is $50 billion in the red and climbing.

3. Unemployment is running at 6.1% (GB was 5.5% on the same date)

We can beat you there too! Our most recent statistics peg poor old California at 10.1% and climbing.

4. Part of the country wants to become independant under French control

Most of the state of California seems to want to become a provinces of Mexico.

5. The American Government has this to say about said country :

Pot is the #1 agricultural product grown in California.

So many things wrong with this place. Yet in fact the sun came up this morning, and it will be another pleasant day.

There are things to love and despise everywhere you look, just have to make your best choice.

Bruce H
San Diego

PS, I love Canada too.

riggerboy
14-Mar-09, 15:35
think i`ll just stay in wick lol

catran
14-Mar-09, 20:30
me too:lol:

catran
14-Mar-09, 20:33
weel i'll stay in Caithness too, no point in going them places, mind you like to go to Skye occassionally.