PDA

View Full Version : Tribute Bands

buddyrich
13-Mar-09, 16:05
I was going to put this in the stone roses threat but never mind.

Whats the best tribute band that has visited here? Cardosi in particular has had a fair few up.

My particular faves were High Voltage (the second acdc tribute that came up). I enjoyed watching them more than Maiden or Slayer. Only Rush have impressed me more with a live performance. The iron maiden one was good as far as i can mind, though i was terminally spangled and was generally being a pest.

Honourable mention goes to Whole Lotta Led and Discrepency (metallica/megadeth tribute:lol:).

Snarfer
13-Mar-09, 23:55
Best tribute band I've seen anywhere was the Bootleg Beatles at loch lomond I acually though they were better than Oasis whom they were backing.

I've not been to see many tribute bands up here but the Guns'n'Roses Tribute band that played the waterfont last year I think it was were pretty good.

Got my ticket for the Complete Stone Roses next friday and am looking forward to seeeing them I've heard goods things about them.

the_big_mac
14-Mar-09, 00:17
I liked AB/CD, was totalled and jumpin about the dancefloor like a fool though :cool:

moncur
14-Mar-09, 00:34
The only tribute bands I remember seeing up here were AB/CD and Lose Your Illusion. I thought AB/CD were brilliant, the singer was fair gettin into it whilst swiggin oot o a hipflask all night. Gutted I missed High Voltage but I think I was away at the time.

I remember the turnout for the first time Lose Your Illusion played. Was a great night out and skins was packed with a lot of unfamilier older faces donning their old GnR gear. The second time round........ not so good. Twice the price to get in, probably about the same number of people as a Thursday night in skins and the band were about an hour and a half late in getting started. The best part of the night was seeing The Nasty Boy towards the end of his 3-Day Night out still going strong and knowing more lyrics than the singer!

Jeid
14-Mar-09, 11:23
I liked AB/CD, was totalled and jumpin about the dancefloor like a fool though :cool:

Haha... AB\CD Curry night! We were well spangled that night!! Good times :lol:

(it was me that beeped the horn at you the other morning btw)