PDA

View Full Version : Lottery Outlets

bonami
11-Mar-09, 21:28
I have always thought that shops dealing in lottery tickets were required to remain open until 7 30. I visited a local shop tonight at 5 50 and found it closed.

Whitewater
11-Mar-09, 22:51
I'm not sure about that, the Co-op and bigger stores locally (here in Wick) are always open but the paper shop in Dempster St closes at 5.30pm. I'm sure if there was a legal requirement they would be open or loose the agency.

brokencross
12-Mar-09, 08:39
From Lottery website

All National Lottery tickets are available for sale during retailers' normal opening hours. You must have purchased your draw-based game ticket by 7.30pm on the day of the relevant draw in order to play. Subject to this, and to retailers' normal opening hours, tickets for Lotto, Dream Number, Lotto HotPicks and Thunderball, are available from 6am to 11pm daily, though not between 7.30pm and 9pm on Saturdays and after 7.30pm on Wednesdays. Daily Play tickets are on sale from Monday to Saturday 6am to 7.30pm and on Sundays from 6am to 11pm. EuroMillions tickets are on sale from 6am to 11pm daily, though not between 7.30pm and 9pm on Fridays.

Would appear to be no requirement to "stay open".
Must admit I didn't know there was a 2300 to 0600 curfew on buying tickets.