PDA

View Full Version : Firefox homepage problem

Fluff
11-Mar-09, 19:29
For some unknown reason at the start of this week my firefox has decided to stop bringing up my homepage automatically, I have to click the 'home' buttton. It does nothing, nadda, nought. just a white page.

I have updated the version today to see if that did anything but still nothing. I have also made sure the URL was still on and correct under the settings.
Any ideas?

blueivy
11-Mar-09, 20:09
For some unknown reason at the start of this week my firefox has decided to stop bringing up my homepage automatically, I have to click the 'home' buttton. It does nothing, nadda, nought. just a white page.

I have updated the version today to see if that did anything but still nothing. I have also made sure the URL was still on and correct under the settings.
Any ideas?

What addons have you got installed? Session Manager (add-on) screws my home page and tabs up each and every single version of Firefox and Session Manager that I've installed. I just learned to live with it.

Fluff
11-Mar-09, 22:56
The only add on I have is Crystal Fox skin but I have always had it.

*Martin*
12-Mar-09, 03:41
You could always uninstall then reinstall!

That always fixes my firefox problems (I know it's a pain in the proverbial but sometimes needs must)

Fluff
12-Mar-09, 12:54
What, uninstall the add on or the whole thing?

*Martin*
12-Mar-09, 12:59
the whole thing!

Fluff
12-Mar-09, 13:08
Might try that later then. THanks

blueivy
12-Mar-09, 14:31
Might try that later then. THanks

Before you do that, you could just create a new profile (http://kb.mozillazine.org/Creating_a_new_Firefox_profile_on_Windows)?

Fluff
23-Apr-09, 17:23
I finally managed to solve it! Under my settings, above the homepage bar it had an option to show my homepage, for some reason it had changed show my session from last time, although it would up blank. thanks for everyone's help.