PDA

View Full Version : Just watched the news.

Bazeye
10-Mar-09, 19:47
and seen the reception the sqaudies got from a group of muslim demonstrators in Luton after returning from the middle east. I wonder what was going through their minds, having to put up with what was, lets face it, inciting racial hatred. I really fear its going to kick off big style in this country sooner rather than later.

percy toboggan
10-Mar-09, 20:10
I was equally exasperated by this demonstration.
The small knot of folk with those objectionable placards were within their rights of course, but the timing was dreadful.

I was heartened to see the cross section of the community in Luton turning out in large numbers to cheer the troops. The town has a large Muslim presence and the anti's were much fewer in number.

In decades not too long past, even in genteel Great Britain they could well have been lynched...and that would be wrong.

I'd offer each one of them a free flight to Iraq, or indeed any country of their choice and equip them with a parachute. One wonders how vocal protest might be looked upon in these countries - not quite so generously perhaps.

No doubt those who love our multi-cult and preach a tolerant society will see things somewhat differently. Tolerance has been taken too far - a case of urinus extractus if you ask me.

davie
10-Mar-09, 20:12
Equip them with a parachute - I think not !

Melancholy Man
10-Mar-09, 20:23
"Anglican soldiers go to hell" (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7935679.stm)? What does that mean? Let's hope the soldiers don't get angry, and do something like this (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/7934615.stm) in retaliation.

Also, do we know the hecklers were Muslim? I can imagine white middle-class nobodies shouting it. That said, these (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kp-lwSe2llg&eurl=) were Muslims.

Gene Hunt
10-Mar-09, 20:27
and seen the reception the squaddies got from a group of muslim demonstrators in Luton after returning from the middle east. I wonder what was going through their minds, having to put up with what was, lets face it, inciting racial hatred. I really fear its going to kick off big style in this country sooner rather than later.

They were about half a dozen people or so who were quickly shouted down and from what I saw they were right on the verge of being sorted out by people who were there to cheer the boys home. The most important thing is that the lads got their welcome home. I am sure they werent bothered, my son is in basic training at the moment and he has just sent me a rather amusingly captioned photo of the event.

My personal view is that if that had been a group of white British men holding placards calling Muslims "terrorists" they would have been arrested quick smart. But the Police did nothing because the cry of racist would be levelled at them. If these Muslims feel so strongly feel then we should give them free passage to Iraq on a trooping flight and good riddance. They remind me of the Muslim I worked with who wrote to the local council demanding the closure of the local branch of Mecca bingo as he found the name insulting, what a twonk.

The problem is these protesters and the pratt I worked with are not representative of the the majority of Muslims who are hard working, decent people.

MadPict
10-Mar-09, 20:27
Seeing the troops marching with bayonets fixed I wonder how many were running one of Cpl Jones' catch phrases through their heads as the passed this bunch of scum?

"We gave 'em the old cold steel, they don't like it up'em"......

I listened to an early video of this protest and among the cries of allah ahkbar were some obscenities which I suspect would have had anyone else getting nicked for a public order offence. But no, the police are so hobbled by PC directives they let them hurl abuse at the soldiers....

MadPict
10-Mar-09, 20:36
"Anglican soldiers go to hell" (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7935679.stm)? What does that mean? Let's hope the soldiers don't get angry, and do something like this (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/7934615.stm) in retaliation.

Also, do we know the hecklers were Muslim? I can imagine white middle-class nobodies shouting it. That said, these (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kp-lwSe2llg&eurl=) were Muslims.

It read "Anglian" - that is their regiment.

The hecklers were from the renamed off-shoot from Al-Muhajiroun, a radical islamist organisation which was banned in the UK. Guess if the Leopard changes it spots that's OK.....

Gene Hunt
10-Mar-09, 20:41

Pretty sure they were Muslim MM, the video shows them here .. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/beds/bucks/herts/7935049.stm

And I doubt very much the troops are going to strap on the explosive vests and blow themselves up in a crowded marketplace as your link seems to suggest.

Although having been to Luton, blowing it up and starting again isn't a half bad idea.

Melancholy Man
10-Mar-09, 21:00
Ah, yes, the video's working for me now. It should be noted that one of the dead soldiers in Northern Ireland was Turkish and, presumably, from a Muslim background. I also saw the cheering Sikhs in the video.

Al-Muhajiroun is Bakri Mohammed's lot, and was previously jointly led by one Anjem Choudrey whom I am reliably informed was a pot-head and enjoyer of casual sex whilst at university, as well as having a party trick of speed-drinking. The corruption on the Left is not specimens like this. They are not on the Left. It's idiots at the Beeb who insist on describing them as "anti-war" when they're merely anti-this-side.

MadPict
10-Mar-09, 21:25
Not sure why you bring up the soldier killed in NI?
The Mayor of Luton is a Sikh, yes Sikhs were welcoming the troops along with others. For you to say that they islamist protesters are not using the anti-war platform is wrong. Watch the video again...

"Illegal War in Iraq" & "Iraq War Casualties" were amongst the banners being held up. It's not just the 'idiots' at the BBC who refer to them as "anti-war" - the other channels do too...

If they had turned up on the pretext of calling for the death of all soldiers and other such islamist extremist diatribe their protest would not have been permitted. But by telling the police they were an anti-war protest they managed to get to hold their protest under freedom of speech laws...

Pathetic.

I'm sure if this bunch of scum were given full reign they would publicly behead any muslim in British uniform.

Then you'd be next*...

Melancholy Man
10-Mar-09, 21:35
Then it's idiots everywhere who describe them as such.

I brought up the soldier for the same reason that Man City supporter brought up the majority of Muslims he knows.

I assume by beheading a soldier, you meant this (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7215081.stm). As I recall, it was a West African soldier they'd identified, and a West African convert who was charged with carrying out the murder. He decided this was one demanded duty too far.

Anne x
10-Mar-09, 21:45
I was horrified and exasperated by the news tonight for that story and N I story sorry enough said or I will be banned

MadPict
10-Mar-09, 22:01
Then it's idiots everywhere who describe them as such.

So which part of their placards reading "Illegal War in Iraq" & "Iraq War Casualties" can't you grasp?

I brought up the soldier for the same reason that Man City supporter brought up the majority of Muslims he knows.

I assume by beheading a soldier, you meant this (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7215081.stm). As I recall, it was a West African soldier they'd identified, and a West African convert who was charged with carrying out the murder. He decided this was one demanded duty too far.

Just because one of them didn't have the bottle to follow through that heinous act, one thing he didn't do was report it to the police.

Gene Hunt
10-Mar-09, 22:01
MM,

You have assumed that the soldier who was murdered in Northern Ireland was a Muslim. In your own words "presumably" as he was Turkish. Personally I think it is bad taste to bring that unfortunate young man into the subject matter of Muslims jeering and holding up offensive slogans at British Soldiers purely on an assumption of yours. It's in very bad taste. As was your earlier post in which you said that you hoped that the soldiers didnt get and angry and do something like this .. and then linked to a story about a suicide bombing. I have a son going through Lympstone right now, the fact that within a year or two he could be coming to home to people like that jeering at him makes me sick.

And they are using the anti war platform as MadPict says, you only have to read the slogans on the video to see that. But sometimes people see what they want to see dont they ??

And I am not that "that Man City" supporter .. I dont like Football.

davie
10-Mar-09, 22:02
There is scum and scum. Apparently in this country of ours there are scum who will use the freedom provided by our Armed Forces to spout their vitroil on our streets. There is also the scum who will not condemn them, no matter how they dress up their argument with fine words.
If I had the chance to get behind a GPMG again they would ALL be against the wall. Some may say that would be a waste of good ammo and the long drop from a Herc over their 'homeland' might be a cheaper solution.

TBH
10-Mar-09, 22:15
I was equally exasperated by this demonstration.
The small knot of folk with those objectionable placards were within their rights of course, but the timing was dreadful.

I was heartened to see the cross section of the community in Luton turning out in large numbers to cheer the troops. The town has a large Muslim presence and the anti's were much fewer in number.

In decades not too long past, even in genteel Great Britain they could well have been lynched...and that would be wrong.

I'd offer each one of them a free flight to Iraq, or indeed any country of their choice and equip them with a parachute. One wonders how vocal protest might be looked upon in these countries - not quite so generously perhaps.

No doubt those who love our multi-cult and preach a tolerant society will see things somewhat differently. Tolerance has been taken too far - a case of urinus extractus if you ask me.They all love their own countries, Percy. Pity none of them want to live in them.

Melancholy Man
10-Mar-09, 22:20
A piece of cultural awareness advice, Gene. Since joining this forum, I have argued long and hard against anti-Muslim bigotry. One way in which I do this is to distinguish between the jihadis being discussed here and the great many Britons from a Muslim background who wish simply to live free and secular lives, or practice their own form of Islam in peace and quietism.

It does them no good whatsoever to say that the Salafists or the Mawdubists being discussed here don't represent 'real' Islam. They have already decided that a majority of British Muslims have become 'tainted' by secular society, and that only they appreciate what Islam means.

Your objection to my mentioning Chengiz "Patrick" Azimkar is incomprehensible as it was to indicate Muslims' loyalty to the British state. Okay, let's say he wasn't Muslim, here's (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1523001/Proud-to-be-Muslim-a-soldier-and-British.html) a definite serving soldier and practicing Muslim.

Gene Hunt
10-Mar-09, 22:22
There is scum and scum. Apparently in this country of ours there are scum who will use the freedom provided by our Armed Forces to spout their vitroil on our streets. There is also the scum who will not condemn them, no matter how they dress up their argument with fine words.
If I had the chance to get behind a GPMG again they would ALL be against the wall. Some may say that would be a waste of good ammo and the long drop from a Herc over their 'homeland' might be a cheaper solution.

Nail - Hammer - Head.

I was amazed to see that an Armed Forces Minister could not bring himself to condemn them on screen earlier during the CH4 news. Instead he went on about the alternate ways they could protest. Seems the New Labour Vlasti are more concerned with advising these idiots than the facts of what happened today.

If I had my way those protesters would be on their way to Helmand now as the "1st Luton Ungrateful Ingrates Minefield Clearance Volunteers"

TBH
10-Mar-09, 22:36
Did the press vilify the protesters because they were Muslim or would they have taken that stance with any anti-war protester no matter what colour or creed?
Illegal war or not, those soldiers have nothing to reproach themselves for and didn't deserve the abuse they recieved.

MadPict
10-Mar-09, 22:39
A piece of cultural awareness advice, Gene. Since joining this forum, I have argued long and hard against anti-Muslim bigotry.

Thank goodness for you then!!! :roll:

I no more consider these islamic extremists/fanatics are representing the vast majority of UK muslims, than do the BNP or white extremist groups represent me or the vast majority of tolerant people living in the UK...

Kenn
10-Mar-09, 23:33
As one reporter was heard to say, "These soldiers are merely doing what they are employed to do and do not deserve to be met with this type of protest, if those who were involved in the shouting and banner waving need to make a point, they should do it at Westminster."

Personally it made me feel ashamed that this could happen regardless of my feelings about our troops being in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Stroma
10-Mar-09, 23:37
10-Mar-09 21:02davieThere is scum and scum. Apparently in this country of ours there are scum who will use the freedom provided by our Armed Forces to spout their vitroil on our streets. There is also the scum who will not condemn them, no matter how they dress up their argument with fine words.
If I had the chance to get behind a GPMG again they would ALL be against the wall. Some may say that would be a waste of good ammo and the long drop from a Herc over their 'homeland' might be a cheaper solution

Have to say i'm with you Davie.Round up all that lot there and get rid.But no,what happens,they arrest two of the cheering crowd who decided to stand up against these scum,it's less hassle!Then the police stand in front of them with a video camera,What for?You've been framed?

TBH
10-Mar-09, 23:45
10-Mar-09 21:02davieThere is scum and scum. Apparently in this country of ours there are scum who will use the freedom provided by our Armed Forces to spout their vitroil on our streets. There is also the scum who will not condemn them, no matter how they dress up their argument with fine words.
If I had the chance to get behind a GPMG again they would ALL be against the wall. Some may say that would be a waste of good ammo and the long drop from a Herc over their 'homeland' might be a cheaper solution

Have to say i'm with you Davie.Round up all that lot there and get rid.But no,what happens,they arrest two of the cheering crowd who decided to stand up against these scum,it's less hassle!Then the police stand in front of them with a video camera,What for?You've been framed?Where do you stand when those protesters are white and British.

Stroma
11-Mar-09, 00:11
Maybe they were British.Still the same answer.Where do you stand?

Gronnuck
11-Mar-09, 00:20
I wasn't particularly bothered by the Muslim protesters in Luton, they're very much in the minority. It is easy to get wound up about it but I'm sure the soldiers of 2nd Bn The Royal Anglian Regt (The Poachers) marched a little taller in Luton today, even through the protests.
They and many of our soldiers have endured much worse than a rabble of gobbie cowards.
Regardless of the rights or wrongs of the 2003 invasion of Iraq the world has moved on. These soldiers have been training the Iraqi Army and Police so that they can promote stability in their country. Which is more than can be said for any of the protesters. However should they wish to help Iraq and the Iraqis they are free to fly out there and offer their help - but somehow I doubt they will.

Bazeye
11-Mar-09, 00:25
There is scum and scum. Apparently in this country of ours there are scum who will use the freedom provided by our Armed Forces to spout their vitroil on our streets.

But if it were white scum with anti muslim placards, the Police would have been straight in with their batons and horses. It appears to me that in this country now, muslims seem to get away with a lot more than the rest of the population.

Bazeye
11-Mar-09, 00:30
If most muslims, as stated in a previous post are anti violence, why dont they, the moderates, speak up against the extremists? IMO, by not speaking up against it, they dont do themselves any favours.

Fly
11-Mar-09, 00:32
If these Muslim protesters are so anti the British army, why are they not out in Iraq and Afghanistan supporting those countries by fighting the Brits?
It could'nt possibly be because they are too well off in Britain, living on other people's taxes could it?[disgust]

Bazeye
11-Mar-09, 00:43
If these Muslim protesters are so anti the British army, why are they not out in Iraq and Afghanistan supporting those countries by fighting the Brits?
It could'nt possibly be because they are too well off in Britain, living on other people's taxes could it?[disgust]

Thats one reason. The other is the islamification of the UK.

Gronnuck
11-Mar-09, 00:51
Oh come on peeps - everyone is getting wound up and irate over a handful of protesting Muslims. They're protest was at the Regiment and it's perceived role in Iraq. There's nothing racist in that. Clearly they haven't a clue about what's really happening in that country so their protest was just empty rhetoric.

Bazeye
11-Mar-09, 00:59
Oh come on peeps - everyone is getting wound up and irate over a handful of protesting Muslims. They're protest was at the Regiment and it's perceived role in Iraq. There's nothing racist in that. Clearly they haven't a clue about what's really happening in that country so their protest was just empty rhetoric.

Like 7/7 was ?

Gene Hunt
11-Mar-09, 01:01
TBH,

Anyone of any colour, religion, gender or political view would get my contempt by saying what was said today and waving the placards that were waved today. Look at it this way, would a group of white males holding placards saying all Muslims are Terrorists and yelling abuse at any passing Muslim be shielded by Police and be protected ??, would that be called a lawful protest or "inciting racial hatred" ?? yet today these individuals were allowed to hold their placards and yell what they wanted under Police protection. The senior officer today called it a lawful protest. Apparently today was an anti war protest but I fail to see how calling individual soldiers the "Butchers of Basra" is a protest against war as it seems fairly personal to me.

Still with the Police too gutless to take any action at all against such protests and the Goverment bending over backwards to avoid offending anyone who isn't white I am sure we can look forward to more of the same.

This country is circling the drain in my view.

Gronnuck
11-Mar-09, 02:31
TBH,

Anyone of any colour, religion, gender or political view would get my contempt by saying what was said today and waving the placards that were waved today. Look at it this way, would a group of white males holding placards saying all Muslims are Terrorists and yelling abuse at any passing Muslim be shielded by Police and be protected ??, would that be called a lawful protest or "inciting racial hatred" ?? yet today these individuals were allowed to hold their placards and yell what they wanted under Police protection. The senior officer today called it a lawful protest. Apparently today was an anti war protest but I fail to see how calling individual soldiers the "Butchers of Basra" is a protest against war as it seems fairly personal to me.

Still with the Police too gutless to take any action at all against such protests and the Goverment bending over backwards to avoid offending anyone who isn't white I am sure we can look forward to more of the same.

This country is circling the drain in my view.

Your analogy does you no credit. Anyone yelling abuse at a Muslim because he is a Muslim or South Asian is being racist. Similarly anyone who yells abuse at a white person because he is a white person is being racist. In this case these misguided fools were yelling abuse at people because of their job not their race, creed or colour. If they were it was being filmed by the police for future action.
The protesters' slogan "Butchers of Basra" and "Anglians go to hell" was aimed at the Regiment as a collective, the Army in general. There is no evidence of individual soldiers being targeted.
I disagree with the protester's sentiments and I abhor the religious dogma of the Islamic fundamentalists. I am also concerned at the hysteria this sort of incident generates.
Many 'auld sweats' who've been there and worn the uniform will tell you that while they may disagree with your view and dislike your protests they will defend your right to that view.

Gronnuck
11-Mar-09, 02:35
Like 7/7 was ?

The link between 7/7 and this protest is???
Please don't let racism and bigotry cloud the issue.

Gene Hunt
11-Mar-09, 11:14
The link between 7/7 and this protest is???

The link could possibly be the bombers and circumstances of that day have strong links to the city that yesterdays protest was held in. Might suggest that there are a few extremists there it would be worth keeping an eye on. Particularly as heavily veiled women were taking photographs of the soldiers on the parade as well.

But hey, don't let your inability to research someones posts stop you from throwing claims of racism and bigotry about. Seems even mentioning something that Muslims actually did now makes you a racist and a bigot to some people.

Don't worry though, I have my "Diversity Training" next week on my return to work. It might even work, you never know. I am going to sit at the back of the class and get my West Indian colleague to call me "honky" for the day and a half while he insists I call him "my negro amigo", just like we did last time.

Making left wing PC Mentalists blow their stack is such fun .. [evil]

Bazeye
11-Mar-09, 11:15
The point I was trying to make, maybe not very well put, was this. You stated that the protesters were in the minority of law abiding muslims in the UK. Well so were the the 7/7 murderers.
Another point Id like to make is that recently a law has been passed prohibiting the photographing of Police, Service personnel etc if it is deemed a threat to national security. Why then, werent the burkha clad women, who were clearly seen taking photos of the passing troops arrested?

Bazeye
11-Mar-09, 11:21

Btw, if Im the one who youre accusing of being racist and bigoted, how is it that youre not even allowed to build a church in many Islamic countries. That to me is racism and bigotry at its worst.

MadPict
11-Mar-09, 11:36
Bazeye,
Bit hard to enforce the 'no photography' rule when there are media filming the event for transmission across the UK. Relatives were probably proudly taking snaps of the parade too.

The 'burkha clad women' could have used the excuse they were photographing a relative. The Police wouldn't even go anywhere near them for fear of attracting complaints or criticism.

To return for a moment to comments about this not being an anti war protest, when Abdul Malik of the Luton Borough Council Race Advisory Forum was interviewed on Look East last night he referred to the protests as being against the war 5 times.

Guess the protests weren't about the war then....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/7935251.stm

Bazeye
11-Mar-09, 11:52
The 'burkha clad women' could have used the excuse they were photographing a relative.

Is this a wind up or what? Come on Madpict, seriously, hand on heart, do you honestly believe for one moment that any of the protesters would have a relative serving in the British Army?

MadPict
11-Mar-09, 12:34
While my tongue was in my cheek, I am sure there are relatives of serving personnel who follow islam who may just be present at one of these homecoming parades. I doubt if the burkha clad women would have been allowed to stand with the men protesters anyway...
As Melancholy Man so helpfully pointed out a muslim soldier died in 2006 in Afghanistan.

So while one of the Ahlus Sunnah wal Jamaah protesters are unlikely to have, or admit to having, a relative in the UK forces, there were probably a few Asian residents of Luton who were applauding their homecoming...

Gronnuck
11-Mar-09, 12:44
The link could possibly be the bombers and circumstances of that day have strong links to the city that yesterdays protest was held in. Might suggest that there are a few extremists there it would be worth keeping an eye on. Particularly as heavily veiled women were taking photographs of the soldiers on the parade as well.

But hey, don't let your inability to research someones posts stop you from throwing claims of racism and bigotry about. Seems even mentioning something that Muslims actually did now makes you a racist and a bigot to some people.

Don't worry though, I have my "Diversity Training" next week on my return to work. It might even work, you never know. I am going to sit at the back of the class and get my West Indian colleague to call me "honky" for the day and a half while he insists I call him "my negro amigo", just like we did last time.

Making left wing PC Mentalists blow their stack is such fun .. [evil]

We know that the 7/7 bombers met at Luton prior to moving on to London. We know that Luton has a large South Asian population. We know that there will be people that the security services are watching. Unfortunately there are too many people that think the whole population of Luton are now fundamental extremists.

My reference to racism and bigotry is because there is a clear distinction between abusing someone because of the job they do and abusing someone because of their religion/colour. Although I acknowledge some people have yet to recognize that difference. There are evidently some who will use the slightest excuse to insult someone because they happen to be a Muslim.

Your description of "Diversity Training" sounds as if it’s the sort of training that does more harm than good.

Gronnuck
11-Mar-09, 12:46
The point I was trying to make, maybe not very well put, was this. You stated that the protesters were in the minority of law abiding muslims in the UK. Well so were the the 7/7 murderers.
Another point Id like to make is that recently a law has been passed prohibiting the photographing of Police, Service personnel etc if it is deemed a threat to national security. Why then, werent the burkha clad women, who were clearly seen taking photos of the passing troops arrested?

As I said in my response to Gene Hunt these protesters are a minority and we should not allow their misplaced dogma to cause social hysteria. The Bedford police quickly corralled them and held them in a designated space until the march was over. So the police had a good idea that it was going to happen. These groups are being watched and the police walk a fine line in judging these activities.
There is no law as yet against photographing a policeman. Although you could be charged with a public order offence should your actions hinder their activities.

Gronnuck
11-Mar-09, 12:49
Btw, if Im the one who youre accusing of being racist and bigoted, how is it that youre not even allowed to build a church in many Islamic countries. That to me is racism and bigotry at its worst.

I'm not accusing anyone of being a racist; I'm just trying to point out that racism and bigotry are easy traps to fall into when people get wound up about these issues.
There are only a few Islamic countries where building a church is problematic, Saudi Arabia, Yemen and many areas of Pakistan are examples. The UAE has churches as do many other middle eastern countries including Iraq and Iran.

Whitewater
11-Mar-09, 14:37
This protest was unfortunate, but that is right that everybody has in this PC country of ours. The majority of Muslims living here are good law abiding citizens, many have made great contributions to our country and enjoy the freedoms we have to offer without attempting to abuse them. However, there are also a minority of Muslims living in this country who do not appreciated the freedoms we have, but use them at every opportunity to critise us and our way of life, and are being allowed to feed their hatred of our western ways to the younger generation through the extremist views of their clerics, who use our freedoms to preach their vitriolic bile. They would never have been allowed to do this in the Islamic countries they left behind. Our freedoms even allowed the Muslim cleric Anjem Choudary air time this morning to expess his condemnation of us.
At times like this that great speach of Australias ex Prime Minister John Howard comes to mind when Muslims attempted to intoduce Islamic Sharia law in Australia. (I will not quote the speach here, can't remember it all). It is just a pity that one or two of our own politicians would not take a leaf out of his book and speak out in support of our way of life.

Bazeye
11-Mar-09, 15:22
The UAE has churches as do many other middle eastern countries including Iraq and Iran.

I know its not the middle east, but so did the Serbian province of Kosovo, until it was betrayed and handed over to muslims, who then proceded to loot them and burn them to the ground. But thats another story.

golach
11-Mar-09, 15:30
I know its not the middle east, but so did the Serbian province of Kosovo, until it was betrayed and handed over to muslims, who then proceded to loot them and burn them to the ground. But thats another story.
This is nothing new, Catholic Spain did the same to the Moors hundreds of years ago, they even built catherdrals over the Mosques, go to the Catherdral in Seville if you wish to make sure.
Why bring up Serbia, and not Spain?

Melancholy Man
11-Mar-09, 23:11

Which Muslim invaders are these? The ones who hail from the local ethnic population and, together with the Roman Catholic Kosovar Albanians, make up 98% of the population?

The Serbian Orthodox churches are also still there. Those mostly likely to have been destroyed were the Catholic churches and Albanian big houses, mostly in the 1990s.

hotrod4
12-Mar-09, 06:46
Would these same protesters still shout at These brave men if they were in Iraq,Afghanistan and had to be protected from the Taliban?
If they dont like it and want to show solidarity for their "people" then maybe they should heard for Dover jump on the ferry and head for their "Adopted Homeland".We'll see how long they last without all the benefits of living in Britain!

Gene Hunt
12-Mar-09, 11:59
Gronnuck .. apologies if my reply to your post came across as a dig. Was not meant that way. My daughter had a great idea last night, we just convince the Plane Stupid group that these protesters are all for runway expansion and then its just a matter of watching the gunging commence. Although I know she was joking its fun to imagine.

Its a shame that almost every discussion these days on issues involving muslims ends up with the race issue as the subject matter. My wife is mixed race and so are our kids, this is why I have a dislike of the PC culture and the Diversity brigade always pointing out they are different. We have brung our kids up as people not "ethnic minorities" in a demographic, anyone who thinks Britian is racist needs to have seen the endless stream of young men asking for my 15 year old twin daughters. If one more lad in the village asks me if the young Halle Barry's are in I wont be responsible.

My son is just 18 and in training with the Marines right now and says that the general attitude to these protesters is "look, laugh and jog on" in marine speak. Although he did say that a protest at a repatration of those killed in action would not go down well. He sent me a link to this pic .. http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00724/heroesmain_724907a.jpg .. It was taken in a Wiltshire town called Woolton Bassett near the base that those killed in action are brought home through. The people in this town make sure the streets are lined whenever this happens. Its just a pity that the media cant concentrate on things like this instead of hypocritical thugs who arent fit to lace the boots of those they screamed at and insulted.

bekisman
12-Mar-09, 12:28
Genehunt; "Its just a pity that the media cant concentrate on things like this instead of hypocritical thugs who arent fit to lace the boots of those they screamed at and insulted."

Fully agreee and good luck to your son - one of mine is off to Afghan in a couple of weeks for another tour, he's none too bothered about the scum referred to in this post either..

Melancholy Man
12-Mar-09, 13:03
Would these same protesters still shout at These brave men if they were in Iraq,Afghanistan and had to be protected from the Taliban?

Hotrod, they are Taleban.

Penelope Pitstop
12-Mar-09, 13:07
They all love their own countries, Percy. Pity none of them want to live in them.

Very well said TBH.

Penelope Pitstop
12-Mar-09, 13:10
But if it were white scum with anti muslim placards, the Police would have been straight in with their batons and horses. It appears to me that in this country now, muslims seem to get away with a lot more than the rest of the population.

I tend to agree with you there, Bazeye.

Melancholy Man
12-Mar-09, 13:59
There's a reason I don't read The Independent, and this (http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/luton-the-enemy-within-1643089.html) is it.

rich
12-Mar-09, 15:07
... and, as the sun sinks in the west, another day's round of backslapping intolerence draws to it's utterly predictable conclusion....

Gene Hunt
12-Mar-09, 15:16
There's a reason I don't read The Independent, and this (http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/luton-the-enemy-within-1643089.html) is it.

I can see why. That guy in the article is a right hypocrite, funny how "freedom of speech" is so important to him now that he wants to use it to insult our troops. "Freedom of speech" apparently doesn't apply to anyone who draws cartoons in Denmark though or says or does anything that Muslims don't like.

I thought you were just upset that they had spelt Taliban incorrectly though .. ;)

Bazeye
12-Mar-09, 16:06
I can see why. That guy in the article is a right hypocrite, funny how "freedom of speech" is so important to him now that he wants to use it to insult our troops. "Freedom of speech" apparently doesn't apply to anyone who draws cartoons in Denmark though or says or does anything that Muslims don't like.

Ask Salman Rushdie

percy toboggan
12-Mar-09, 18:49
On consideration that photograph of the several black-burkha enveloped , bat like females most of whom were wearing trainers - somewhat incongruous of you ask me - was deeply unsettling. They appear to be a rather muddled lot. Best covered up though probably.... It's said they do it to wind us non-muslims up you know....I'm not sure.

Their parents perhaps came here for a better life and it wouldn't have been hard to find for their daughters .

Islam is such a patriarchal system - or at least appears that way - do they long to be under the thumb...left uneducated in a masculine led system. The workshop manual of which says it's okay to give 'em the odd slap - according to some interpretations.

As I said originally the protestors were small in number. They are better in the open than plotting more scurrilous activities in their homes. I would so like to know how many of them are surviving on benefits though because frankly, the very idea galls me no end. Those placard bearing protestors all looked the same...bushy black beards and angry eyes - pity they don't cover the blokes up en all.

percy toboggan
12-Mar-09, 18:51
... and, as the sun sinks in the west, another day's round of backslapping intolerence draws to it's utterly predictable conclusion....

Maybe it's the time difference between here and your neck of the woods ... but I don't think it's finished yet.