PDA

View Full Version : The Story that was never to be told

scorrie
06-Mar-09, 01:19
WARNING:-

Don't read this post if you are squeamish about bathroom/toilet incidents OR have no sense of humour. The following events are 100% genuine and could (probably) only have happened to me.

To thank the many people who have left positive feedback for me recently, (Sorry for not thanking you all individually but I have been busy) I am going to tell a story that was never to see the light of day.

Anyway, my Wife's Mum died a week before Christmas and then my Sister-in-Law died three weeks later. A fair number of people travelled North for the funerals and, in the latter case, we had to put three people up in our sitting room overnight.

After the funeral there was a fair bit of drinking going on, as it was a very emotional occasion for us all. By about 2am we were all pretty blootered and retired to our various beds. I fell into a deep sleep but wakened a couple of hours later to nip to the toilet. When I got there I detected an unpleasant smell, as if someone had been sick. I couldn't see anything amiss but, like the good housewife, I took the Harpic bottle to the loo and gave it a thorough clean. A few squirts of air freshener later I left, confident the aroma would be gone.

Two hours later I had to take some painkillers (not for the alcohol effects) and I nipped back to check the loo, worried in case our guests went in and caught the gowf. I was surprised that the smell was still as bad as before and decided to leave the window open to air the room before returning to my bed.

I couldn't get back to sleep, as I was concerned about the embarrassment that this odour might cause with guests in the house. Armed with a new determination, I set off back to the bog with my best bloodhound nose twitching. After a fair bit of sniffing around without success, I came to the realisation that the only place left to check was the shower. I threw back the shower curtains and, to my astonishment, I discovered the culprit. There, on the shower seat, was our good old friend, known to some as King Eddie, to others as Richard The Third and to yet more as the humble "Jobbie". I twigged in a millisecond that one of our guests had mistaken the shower seat for the toilet seat and heaved the "Havana" on the wrong pew. What was most puzzling was that the toilet is straight ahead on entrance, and the culprit would have had to head right, draw the curtains and open quite an awkward enclosure in order to enter the shower. A padded seat and arm-rests, should have been further clues that this was no porcelain chariot that they were mounting. Anyway, I decided I had better be the one to don the rubber gloves and reach for the bleach. As I approached our homesick "friend" I noticed he was rather odd looking, until I realised that the poor chap had been denied the assistance of gravity when exiting the cavity. He had had to make a horizontal egress, rather than the normal vertical one. I suddenly visualised Playdoh being squeezed through the star-shaped mould. A few moments later and our pal made his belated splash into the correct facility, leaving only a couple of points to ponder:-

A) There is no flush in a shower.

B) There is no toilet paper either.

Point A, I had dealt with, and point B was of no concern to me, although I suspected it would be a worry for someone else later on!! (you've got to be in it to Winnit ;) )

When arriving for breakfast, I could hardly look our guests in the eye but after they had gone, our kids filled us in on which one of the "Living Room Three" had done the deed.

After my Wife had done with killing herself laughing, we were told this must never be mentioned to a soul. I managed to keep it quiet for six weeks, I think that is not bad. Like Quality Street, some things are made for sharing!!

Thank you orgers.

Bazeye
06-Mar-09, 10:39
Mmmm......no toilet paper. Didnt you discover the identity by the state of the sheets/settee or wherever they were sleeping or did they use the curtains as toilet paper?:lol:Pmsl at that

Julia
06-Mar-09, 11:10
That's the funniest story I've read in ages! It's far too good to keep to yourself, I would not have lasted six weeks though!

I may even have gone as far as mentioning it to 'the three guests' just to see which one reacted! [lol]

Dadie
06-Mar-09, 11:34
I am not as polite as you were....
I would have had to ask who did it!

ps check the shower curtain!

Fluff
06-Mar-09, 11:41
Oh dear, that has made me smile before work! I don't know how you could sit in the same room without either wetting yourself laughing or dropping hints that you knew!

I wonder if they knew, were they that drunk?? lol

teenybash
06-Mar-09, 23:30
I cannot tell you how much this made me laugh and the visions your story conjured up in my mind...................Brilliant!!![lol]

richman
07-Mar-09, 01:08
crap post scorrie . :lol: :lol: :lol:

George Brims
07-Mar-09, 02:51
ROTFL. The people at work will now have to read scorrie's story as well, otherwise they will think I have lost my mind in here (some translations will be required!)

Now I swear this didn't happen to me - it really was "a friend". He won't be any more if he hears I've told this tale. Back in our college days, he managed to partake of the much sought-after but rarely achieved one night stand. Awaking early to find that the lady was sound asleep, his head was splitting from the drink, and his bladder full. He slithered out of the bed so as to create no disturbance, stuck his head out into the hallway to check no-one else was up (it was her flat and she had flatmates), and chanced a quick dash into the bathroom - butt naked. As he stood in front of the toilet bowl, happily relieving the pressure, he felt a fart come upon him. Besides the headache, he was feeling pretty pleased with life, so he didn't just let it out. Oh no. He lit it rip. As the raucous noise stopped echoing off the bathroom walls, be realised that not everything that had left him rearwards was gaseous. No indeed. Not even close. The wall looked like it had been attacked with a shotgun. And as he plaintively asked when telling us on Monday, who the heck puts red flock wallpaper in a bathroom anyway?

scorrie
07-Mar-09, 18:28
That's the funniest story I've read in ages! It's far too good to keep to yourself, I would not have lasted six weeks though!

I may even have gone as far as mentioning it to 'the three guests' just to see which one reacted! [lol]

I couldn't mention it, because the culprit was a Woman and she would have been totally mortified!!

leslie65
07-Mar-09, 23:50
That's two of the best stories I've read in a long time! Hillarious!

Venture
08-Mar-09, 00:47
A couple of friends of mine moved house. On the day of the flitting quite a few cans of lager were consumed by the husband after all the hard work was done and he eventually retired to bed well sozzled.

In the middle of the night his wife awoke to the sound of what she thought was pouring rain lashing on the windows. If only. Poor hubby, still in a drunken state, had risen to go to the toilet and had forgotten they had moved house. What he thought was the en suite bathroom in the old house was the wardrobe in the new house.

I'm sure you'll be able to figure out the rest of the story for yourself.:lol:

Sarah
08-Mar-09, 01:25
LMAO these cracked me up, what stories! Drink never does you any good!! :D

scorrie
09-Mar-09, 09:35
A couple of friends of mine moved house. On the day of the flitting quite a few cans of lager were consumed by the husband after all the hard work was done and he eventually retired to bed well sozzled.

In the middle of the night his wife awoke to the sound of what she thought was pouring rain lashing on the windows. If only. Poor hubby, still in a drunken state, had risen to go to the toilet and had forgotten they had moved house. What he thought was the en suite bathroom in the old house was the wardrobe in the new house.

I'm sure you'll be able to figure out the rest of the story for yourself.:lol:

It's sad when you forget your new "IP address" ;)

Venture
09-Mar-09, 09:42
It's sad when you forget your new "IP address" ;)

Brilliant reply scorrie. [lol]