PDA

View Full Version : my poor wee hunni

mrs and mr brown
05-Mar-09, 13:20
my poor wee hunni has the chickenpox, she 4 on saturday, what a shame!!
yesturday she had one on her back this morning she woke up and there all over her, i feel so sorry for her she says that there really itchy, but a part from the doesnt seem to be bothering her too much.

has anyother parents had this problem and what did you all do to relieve there discomfort, how long did it take to go away ect,

i know that she has to be keep off nursary for 5 to 7 days, or untill they crust over,

what a time to get them, i spose there isnt a good time to get them but never the less so near to her birthday, xxx

balto
05-Mar-09, 13:25
they are raging in the school, i would assume your daughter goes to, as my girls go there and there is a lot of, i think my youngest 2 are heading for it to, as they have both had colds for a few days now.

mrs and mr brown
05-Mar-09, 13:26
they are raging in the school, i would assume your daughter goes to, as my girls go there and there is a lot of, i think my youngest 2 are heading for it to, as they have both had colds for a few days now.

hello balto, yeah she goes to mountplesant nursery, its been going around there for a while now, think she is one of the last to get it, :(

balto
05-Mar-09, 13:30
hello balto, yeah she goes to mountplesant nursery, its been going around there for a while now, think she is one of the last to get it, :(
my little boy is due to start there after easter, lets hope if he hasnt had it, that its well gone by then. everyday i hear of another child with it, just seems no end.

mrs and mr brown
05-Mar-09, 13:52
i know, if it not chickenpox its headlice theres no end dont remember being all this things going around when i was in school mind u that was a while know, maybe i was lucky, x

kitty kat
05-Mar-09, 14:20
i would like to take a moment to warn parents who kids have asthma

my daughters showed signs of just a cold her lungs were not as good as usual so the doctor prescribed steriods i got home and read the instruction and it says do not take if you have been near others with chicken pox as the doctor had just had a child in her office with chicken pox same school same class as my daughter i was not to worried but thought had better call just incase

the doctor wanted her to take them because her lungs were not so good (not dangerously low ) but we decided to give it another day just incase low and behold she showed her first spot the next morning

i asked the doctor what could happen if the steroids are taken and she informed me of that had we taken the steroids she could have got pneumonia:eek:

to help the itching calamine lotion and a paint roller should help

ett23
05-Mar-09, 16:40
i would like to take a moment to warn parents who kids have asthma

my daughters showed signs of just a cold her lungs were not as good as usual so the doctor prescribed steriods i got home and read the instruction and it says do not take if you have been near others with chicken pox as the doctor had just had a child in her office with chicken pox same school same class as my daughter i was not to worried but thought had better call just incase

the doctor wanted her to take them because her lungs were not so good (not dangerously low ) but we decided to give it another day just incase low and behold she showed her first spot the next morning

i asked the doctor what could happen if the steroids are taken and she informed me of that had we taken the steroids she could have got pneumonia:eek:

to help the itching calamine lotion and a paint roller should help

Good job you read the instruction leaflet, many wouldn't bother and just go ahead with the medicine anyway. For the chickenpox itch I didn't find calamine lotion helped at all. I've heard Eurax is good. I have eczema so suffer from itching all the time and have used eurax and other anti-itch creams and they do help. But also see if you can get the child to keep some cotton gloves on and encourage them to rub, not scratch! ;)

George Brims
05-Mar-09, 18:24
When one of my kids got some nasty mosquito bites on holiday, I bought Calamine lotion and discovered it has been updated to contain some antihistamine (same stuff as Benadryl if I recall). It seemed to work better than I remember from when I had chickenpox. I don't know if that applies in the UK, and maybe not to all makes, so it would be worth checking the label.

lynne duncan
05-Mar-09, 19:42
ooh poor peedie one
when ours had cp, i swore by lukewarm baths with nothing added

hope the cp pass quickly

Dadie
05-Mar-09, 22:52
I used bio oil on my 2 kids when we had the chicken pox at christmas and new year!

If you keep the spots moisturised they are not so itchy when they crust over.
Bio oil is also not as greasy as the moisturising lotions you get fobbed off with at the docs and a little goes a long way so its not as expensive to use as it looks!