PDA

View Full Version : Can Anyone Help

Bad Manners
04-Mar-09, 16:59
I dont know if this is the right section but we are trying to find someone in caithness that can help with a digifusion freeview recorder box it has stopped responding to the remote control after a few functions as usual it has just passed its warrenty stage. any help would be greatly appreciated

oldchemist
04-Mar-09, 20:18
This ain't a hi-tech solution but have you tried disconnecting it from the mains supply for 30 mins? It fixed several probs with my Sky+ box.

Bad Manners
04-Mar-09, 21:03
This ain't a hi-tech solution but have you tried disconnecting it from the mains supply for 30 mins? It fixed several probs with my Sky+ box.
done that and the box works for a few times and then freezes
my hope was that someone up here can fix the box if not it means buying a replacement. it may be than it is not economical to fix but thought i would try before I replace it

blueivy
05-Mar-09, 18:34
done that and the box works for a few times and then freezes
my hope was that someone up here can fix the box if not it means buying a replacement. it may be than it is not economical to fix but thought i would try before I replace it

You could try Alacam in Thurso for repair.

EDDIE
07-Mar-09, 18:44
Is there a strong signal going into the box i used to have goodmans hardrive recorder could watch and tape and pause but if the reception was poor it used to freeze.In the end i throu it away i got that annoyed with it freezing in the last 5 mins of the programm

dx100uk
08-Mar-09, 02:14
you say it stops responding to the remote, do any of the front panel buttons still work though?

dx

Bad Manners
08-Mar-09, 10:04
Is there a strong signal going into the box i used to have goodmans hardrive recorder could watch and tape and pause but if the reception was poor it used to freeze.In the end i throu it away i got that annoyed with it freezing in the last 5 mins of the programm

hi many thanks for the reply our signal strength is good however we have now taken it to Alacam where he thinks the internal power supply may not be working properly
hopefully they will rectify the prob

Many thanks to all how have replied to my querie.