PDA

View Full Version : Wireless Broadband

porshiepoo
04-Mar-09, 14:36
Who do you use? And what's the cost?
We live Lybster area and we're currently using BtOption3 Wireless Broadband but my contract is up and they're obviously now pushing to keep me there.
I'm currently paying about £25 month and was wondering if there's any cheaper Wireless options for this area?

The Angel Of Death
04-Mar-09, 14:44
Try looking on adslguide.org they have info on pretty much all isp's out there as well as forums

Also if your wanting to stay with BT call 0800 800 030 (Customer options team) and haggle a bit don't be afraid to cancel your account as they will try to keep you and hopefully give you a good deal

Invisible
04-Mar-09, 14:53
we've got the bt home hub in the house, works fine.

Kodiak
04-Mar-09, 15:25
I am with Orange and I use a D-Link Wireless Modem/Router. Orange charge me £19.99 per month and I will not change as I have had the same account sine it was Freeserve. At the time I got a Staff Account through my Son and due to this there is no and I do mean NONE, download limit.

My other son is on Plusnet and he says they are the best value at present. They advertise Prices from £5.99 a Month including a free Wireless Router and free connection, here is a link :-

http://www.plus.net/?WT.mc_id=sem_001a&WT.srch=1

The Angel Of Death
04-Mar-09, 15:38
id stay clear of plusnet was with them a few months and there wasn't a day that went by that i wasn't capped to death cheap as chips to me normally means there cutting costs elsewhere

Kodiak
04-Mar-09, 15:44
id stay clear of plusnet was with them a few months and there wasn't a day that went by that i wasn't capped to death cheap as chips to me normally means there cutting costs elsewhere

My son says with Plusnet if you have any big downloads do so at night as anything you download between 12 midnight and 8am does Not count towards your monthly Download. Thet also have lots of different packages and as always you get what you pay for.

poppett
04-Mar-09, 17:17
I pay £19 per month for Pipex broadband and free phone calls 24/7 to 01, 02 and 03 numbers. Their international phone rates are cheaper than BT too and calls to mobiles are reasonable, although we only do the latter in an emergency. Have no download limit and quite quick speeds compared with Dad`s BT homehub. I know Pipex are now part of Tiscali who get regular press, but touch wood, I have been pleased with the service so far. I have only had to phone technical support once about not being able to access online billing and they credited me with £2 to cover the call and my inconvenience............ without me having to ask. Pretty good customer service.

daviddd
04-Mar-09, 23:08
Plusnet is very good - I've been with them 6 months without a hitch, and I'm a big user; for £15 pm incl router. Hassle-free.

topotheuk
05-Mar-09, 10:47
I am also with Orange and have been since they were Freeserve. I pay £19.99 for unlimited broadband and also get free calls abroad through the internet phone. Although I am out of my contract period they said if I signed up for another 12 months I would get 6 months free. They also said at the end of the 12 months to call back and see what offers are on as there is always some offer you can get, so I am now getting the equivalent of 12 months at £10 per month and have always found them to be excellent. I use BT at work and get far less bother with Orange at home. :)