PDA

View Full Version : North Highland Regeneration Fund

Mazda
04-Mar-09, 10:45
By the report in todays Couriers that more money that could of been put to better use for the people of Caithness Down the Drain with Caithness Food going into Liquidation with a lose to the fund of £28500.00.
The people who administrator these funds should look more into the schemes when they give funds. The same fund lost £50000.00 when Wood co when into Liquidation.
I know of locals who have tried to gains funds from these people that run North Highland Regeneration but have been turned Down ,it seems to me that if you are born on this side on the Ord you have no Chance ,but arrive in Caithness with a Hair Brain Scheme and they will throw funds at you.

davie
04-Mar-09, 17:16
As usual from Mazda another ill researched diatribe about what exactly ?. Is 'Caithness Down The Drain' another of these bodies that have had funds from N.H.R. or am I missing something. The body referenced as 'Caithness Food' was set up by Caithness Voluntary Group and apparently run by someone called Henderson. With a name like that he is obviously of Far Eastern or ethinc minority origin, maybe even a Weegie, God forbid ! . And of course CAITHNESS Voluntary Group must ALL be money grabbers from South of the Ord ?
I know as little as Mazda appears to about the antecedents of Woodco but their indebtedness to the Fund was not £50K but £38K - at least according to my copy of e Courier. The concept of Woodco seemed to me like a fair idea, but who am I to have thoughts or any any influence on the subject. Just perhaps the wordwide recession (nothing to do with a certain Mazda or Gordon Broon) had something to do with their downfall. In any event this forum is perhaps not the place for the uninformed (me included) to discuss the misfortunes of others in the community).
The Courier goes on to state that over the past two years the NHRF have loaned around £1Million to various projects, one that I note from research being based in Brora. I doubt if any of these Cattach chancers were born on this side of e Ord so we will have that money back please then and give it to some of Mazda's Hairy Brainy pals who have a sound business plan.
The funds being allocated come from the 'Dounreay Run-Down' pot and there will always be a percentage of schemes that go wrong in these situations. We never hear of those that flourish but the ill advised and non researched writings of some Caithnessians certainly give adverse publicity to the whole concept and frankly give the rest of the World an unpleasant and parochial view of the County.
The original poster 'knows of locals who have been turned down for funding', can he tell us who they are on this forum or do we need to ask the Fund Administrators. The info is there under the Freedom if Information Act for anyone to see or is the poster just spouting more unfounded rubbish.
Of course there have been several cases where 'Hair Brain Schemes from the other side of the Ord' have been granted funding that even a common or garden Teainabowlie (or a similiar Weeker) could see was going to disappear down a big black hole, or a Southern wallet. From memory these give-aways were perpetrated by somebody like HIDB, nothing to do with this Fund.

pinotnoir
05-Mar-09, 13:07
Yes, but if NHRF are (presumably) allocating public funds they do have a case to answer when things don't work out even if it is for entirely unforeseen reasons.