PDA

View Full Version : I want to Name and Shame this Coward

Jimbo
02-Mar-09, 20:13
I wonder if anyone saw or even heard the disturbance outside the Boys Brigade Hall, last Thursday night !! A group of boys were having a band practise in the hall, they have permmission, and pay for the hire of the hall until 10pm. Was told that they can play upto 10pm - the incident happened between 9.15 and 9.30.
I'm sure if this man, in his fiftys had approached them civilly, they could have agreed on some arrangement, but he did not - he manhandled one of the teenagers, I would like to say "he was assaulted", I just want to know, if it was someone in his own age bracket would he have grabbed him by the neck - I think not - he wouldn't be here to tell the tale if he did !!! We as parents need to know "where our kids are, and what they are doing", so encourage them to take up a "safe hobby".
I wanted to involve the Police but they wouldn't hear of it - what would you's have done ???
BTW We know who he is, and where he stays

Melancholy Man
02-Mar-09, 21:13
Whatever did transpire, I don't think the Org is the place for discussing named individuals. Taking your description at face value, it does sound as if such an individual would repeat similar behaviour on other practice sessions. My advice would be for adult supervision so, if there is a repeat, it would be less easy for the Police not to investigate.

tootler
02-Mar-09, 21:27
Go to the police - definitely don't name & shame on the org - maybe a police warning will be enough to make him think twice next time.

hotrod4
02-Mar-09, 21:34
Dont think they should be named and shamed BUT if the kids are Having a Band Practice, they arent out annoying OAP's getting drunk or being a general nuisance,so wheres the harm?
All too often us adults are putting the "youth of today" down but when they try and stay out of trouble, trouble comes looking for them in the shape of an Adult, Sods law!!!!
The guy had no right to manhandle anybody let alone a kid.I would supervise them to make sure that this "adult" doesnt do this again, he may apologise you never know!!

EDDIE
02-Mar-09, 23:55
I wonder if anyone saw or even heard the disturbance outside the Boys Brigade Hall, last Thursday night !! A group of boys were having a band practise in the hall, they have permmission, and pay for the hire of the hall until 10pm. Was told that they can play upto 10pm - the incident happened between 9.15 and 9.30.
I'm sure if this man, in his fiftys had approached them civilly, they could have agreed on some arrangement, but he did not - he manhandled one of the teenagers, I would like to say "he was assaulted", I just want to know, if it was someone in his own age bracket would he have grabbed him by the neck - I think not - he wouldn't be here to tell the tale if he did !!! We as parents need to know "where our kids are, and what they are doing", so encourage them to take up a "safe hobby".
I wanted to involve the Police but they wouldn't hear of it - what would you's have done ???

But what was the incident about and if the kids hired the hall were was the person in charge of the hall at the time of the incident.
And if u wanted to involve the police but they wouldnt hear of it then why do they not want to involve the police.
If u no who he is why do u not go up and ask him about it providing he is not aggressive

Whitewater
03-Mar-09, 00:06
Have to agree with Eddie, where was the person looking after the hall??? However, having said that, you should go to the police, it could be much worse next time, you can't let this individual get away with picking on kids.

Venture
03-Mar-09, 00:48
It seems a bit strange to me that the teenagers didn't want the police involved. If this man "assaulted" a child in any way then surely they and the adults know that this is breaking the law. The police should have been called there and then. If they did nothing wrong then what do they have to fear?

oldmarine
03-Mar-09, 00:58
No names should be mentioned on here, but perhaps the police should be notified to protect the innocent.

Jimbo
03-Mar-09, 08:57
My 19 year old son is the youngest member of the band, he was outside the hall using his mobile, when this man pulled him from behind, then grabbed him by the neck and pinned him over the handrail at the BB hall, I did not phone the police because I didn't get the full story until Saturday - he didnt tell me until Saturday because he knows what I am like !!! I would have phoned the police there and then. I hope he is an orger and want to embarass him by showing him what a bully he is. (and if you are an orger, I hope your happy, the boys will not be practising in the hall anymore)

Tugmistress
03-Mar-09, 10:07
From what you've said, even though the lad didn't inform you of the whole story until a day or two later, i would still make it an official report to the police, that's a little bit more serious than letting it lie. i know you said the boys wont be practicising there again - if it is because of this incident then i think they ought to carry on and show this (insert word here) they wont tolerate this kind of behaviour.

Blondie
03-Mar-09, 10:10
Id also be reporting it to the police [evil]

Goldie
03-Mar-09, 10:39
Hi - I think you should tell the police.

If the teenagers had been troubling the man who did this, he would have no doubt, called the police to them. So the table should be reversed. Our teenagers have the right to have protection from their elders, just like the elders have the right to have protection against some of the troublesome teenagers that are around. I feel sad this has happened and think the band should be encouraged to continue using the hall.

If your son was made to put in a situation that made him feel Fear and Alarm then the police would have no problem going around to speak to the man who did this.

Once he has been spoken to, it should make him think twice before repeating his behaviour, and if he does, it will be on record that this is a second offence and will give the police more to take action on.

I hope this gets resolved and I hope that the band will play on :)

floyed
03-Mar-09, 18:23
You shouldn't put names on here, you should go to the police that is what they are there for.

EDDIE
03-Mar-09, 19:10
My 19 year old son is the youngest member of the band, he was outside the hall using his mobile, when this man pulled him from behind, then grabbed him by the neck and pinned him over the handrail at the BB hall, I did not phone the police because I didn't get the full story until Saturday - he didnt tell me until Saturday because he knows what I am like !!! I would have phoned the police there and then. I hope he is an orger and want to embarass him by showing him what a bully he is. (and if you are an orger, I hope your happy, the boys will not be practising in the hall anymore)
The boys should keep on practising in the hall if they like going there there is no point letting this person get the better of u but its not to late to go to the police.
Im just wondering what the guys motive is for bullying your son especially if the guy is in his fiftys thats what i dont understand there is no smoke without fire what did the guy say to your son when he pinned him over the rail.
I would fone police and report it and get it logged in case anything else happens

EDDIE
03-Mar-09, 19:13
Hi - I think you should tell the police.

If the teenagers had been troubling the man who did this, he would have no doubt, called the police to them. So the table should be reversed. Our teenagers have the right to have protection from their elders, just like the elders have the right to have protection against some of the troublesome teenagers that are around. I feel sad this has happened and think the band should be encouraged to continue using the hall.

If your son was made to put in a situation that made him feel Fear and Alarm then the police would have no problem going around to speak to the man who did this.

Once he has been spoken to, it should make him think twice before repeating his behaviour, and if he does, it will be on record that this is a second offence and will give the police more to take action on.

I hope this gets resolved and I hope that the band will play on :)

If the teenager was troubling the man some people would phone the police others especially in that guys age bracket might have the old fashioned view and go up and sort the kid out himself thats whats happened when i was his age routine

Goldie
03-Mar-09, 20:21
Hi Eddie

I know what you mean about people 'sorting' things out themselves years ago, but I would hope that no one would 'man-handle' another person in the way described here.

I understood this was unprovoked ? I still think the best thing to do is to report this to the police.

EDDIE
03-Mar-09, 23:47
Hi Eddie

I know what you mean about people 'sorting' things out themselves years ago, but I would hope that no one would 'man-handle' another person in the way described here.

I understood this was unprovoked ? I still think the best thing to do is to report this to the police.

Well without being rude or taking anyone sides we have only heard one side of the story and yes the best thing to do would be to report it to the police

Melancholy Man
03-Mar-09, 23:59
My 19 year old son is the youngest member of the band

Maybe others knew this, and only I don't know your family details, but this is not a minor, let alone a young child as I inferred from your original post. That said, still taking the most charitable view and believing your description of and motivations (or lack of) for the attack, it sounds like a potentially serious case of assault and battery.

Report it to the Police.

Jimbo
04-Mar-09, 07:54
I would like to thank everyone for taking time to read this thread, especially those of you that have replied, I believe everyone is entitled to an opinion, although we dont all agree. This thread was about naming and shaming - I dont feel the need to put a name on the org, because this man knows who he is, and I do hope he regrets his actions.

Mazda
04-Mar-09, 10:51
Before People Jump to Answers hear Please Remember that we have ONLY heard One Side of this Story.
The Volume of Music coming out of this hall was Very High.
It would of been a better course of Action to Get the Police who would of heard Both sides of the Story and then dealt with The matter in the proper way.
This Site in My view was the Wrong place to Air such views.

Melancholy Man
04-Mar-09, 11:31
Yes, Mazda. I am also grateful that the Mods were able to let us discuss this maturely, without rushing for the delete button.

If a 19 years old man were the youngest of the group, we can reasonably assume that some, if not all of the others were 20 plus. Twenty =/= teenager. If he were on his 'phone at the time, there'd be at least one potential witness on t'other end. And, to be honest, I have doubts about one individual being able to preform such an allegedly aggressive attack on one member of a group of young men.

Mazda
04-Mar-09, 11:38
Yes, Mazda. I am also grateful that the Mods were able to let us discuss this maturely, without rushing for the delete button.

If a 19 years old man were the youngest of the group, we can reasonably assume that some, if not all of the others were 20 plus. Twenty =/= teenager. If he were on his 'phone at the time, there'd be at least one potential witness on t'other end. And, to be honest, I have doubts about one individual being able to preform such an allegedly aggressive attack on one member of a group of young men.
Well said,But what was the Youth doing outside of the Hall at the time of the attack.
There is someone not telling the whole story here,and the police would be the Best people to get the story.

sam
04-Mar-09, 12:05
It doesnt actually say why he was attacked? was it because of the noise? what i find strange is how did the suppossed attacker know that the lad he supposedly attacked had anything to do with the hall if he was just standing outside talking on his phone, after all it could just of been someone who had stopped to talk on their phone because they couldnt get a good signal when walking about :confused
I can see no point atall in things like this being posted on public forums as a few have already said its only half a story & a half that shouldnt be on a public forum but dealt with in the proper way as an alleged attack on a member of the public is a serious offence.

davie
04-Mar-09, 12:05
Unless I have missed a post somewhere .orger Mazda seems to know something about this scuffle that the rest of us are not party to. I quote ' The Volume of Music coming out of this hall was Very High '. So was he or she there ?
Mazda goes on to say 'But what was the Youth doing outside of the Hall at the time of the attack'. A strange statement in a country where to date no offence has been committed by standing on the street ?
It would appear then that Mazda was in fact there - he/she uses the word 'attack', not alleged attack or anything else.
Certainly a case for the polis here and by the sound of things Mazda will happily give a statement.

Mazda
04-Mar-09, 12:09
Unless I have missed a post somewhere .orger Mazda seenms to know something about this scuffle that the rest of us are not party to. I quote ' The Volume of Music coming out of this hall was Very High '. So was he or she there ?
Mazda goes on to say 'But what was the Youth doing outside of the Hall at the time of the attack'. A strange statement in a country where to date no offence has been committed by standing on the street ?
It would appeaer then that Mazda was in fact there - he/she uses the word 'attack', not alleged attack or anything else.
Certainly a case for the polis here and by the sound of things Mazda will happily give a statement.

If the youth was at a band practice what was he doing outside at this time was what i was saying.
Sorry i missed the word ALLEGED.

Blondie
04-Mar-09, 12:12
How do you know about the volume of the music?

davie
04-Mar-09, 12:17
The yoof just possibly came outside to have a smoke/break wind/ call his mammy on the phone - what is the relevance of any of that ??
You still have not explained your statement about "VOLUME - VERY HIGH". So were you involved or are you making it up as you go along ??.

Mazda
04-Mar-09, 12:20
The yoof just possibly came outside to have a smoke/break wind/ call his mammy on the phone - what is the relevance of any of that ??
You still have not explained your statement about "VOLUME - VERY HIGH". So were you involved or are you making it up as you go along ??.

I was told that by someone who lives beside the hall.
Do they not teach you how to Spell in Kinbrace-Yoof should this be YOUTH

davie
04-Mar-09, 12:29
Wonderful, it bit ! - an illiterate who has just found that it can type in different colours and use CAPITAL LETTERS IN INAPPROPRIATE PLACES resorts to correcting my prose. I did in fact mean to say YOOF and not YOUTH.
So what YoU aRe PoSTiNg on HeRe iS bAsEd oN whaT SoMeOnE toLD yOu - aND mAy noT Be FACTUAL.

Mazda
04-Mar-09, 12:45
Wonderful, it bit ! - an illiterate who has just found that it can type in different colours and use CAPITAL LETTERS IN INAPPROPRIATE PLACES resorts to correcting my prose. I did in fact mean to say YOOF and not YOUTH.
So what YoU aRe PoSTiNg on HeRe iS bAsEd oN whaT SoMeOnE toLD yOu - aND mAy noT Be FACTUAL.

That is correct i am going on third party info.
Good to see you have got the thread off topic again

davie
04-Mar-09, 12:54
OK , I am going to cut my toenails now and let the thread get back on topic.

Jimbo
04-Mar-09, 13:42
These guys have been practising every Thursday night for months - how now, are they too loud ???

Metalattakk
04-Mar-09, 14:29
These guys have been practising every Thursday night for months - how now, are they too loud ???

Maybe they've just got new amps that go up to '11'? :lol:

Jimbo
04-Mar-09, 14:32
Mazda, your VIEWS are a bit of a contradiction
Today, you said
THIS SITE IN MY VIEW WAS THE WRONG PLACE TO AIR SUCH VIEWS
Previosly 2nd Feb, you said
MY VIEW AND HUSBANDS VIEW THIS BOARD IS FOR FREE SPEACH AND VIEWS
too many views, I think

Mystical Potato Head
06-Mar-09, 20:27
Everyone's idea of "loud" is a bit of a variable and third party info makes it worse,the volume could have been on 3 but by the time the arms and legs are added the volume has suddenly shot up to 11.

Keep playing your music guys,play as loud as you bloody well want, provided its not too late...whats too late? thats another debate.oh yes and finally take a piece of 4x2 with you.:)

joxville
06-Mar-09, 20:38
Unless I have missed a post somewhere .orger Mazda seems to know something about this scuffle that the rest of us are not party to. I quote ' The Volume of Music coming out of this hall was Very High '. So was he or she there ?
It would appear then that Mazda was in fact there - he/she uses the word 'attack', not alleged attack or anything else.

If the youth was at a band practice what was he doing outside at this time was what i was saying.
Sorry i missed the word ALLEGED.

Do they not teach you how to Spell in Kinbrace-Yoof should this be YOUTH

I think Mazda should read the 'Rumour' thread from the beginning.

From Rumours thread by Mazda-Quote " That was the point i was Making Small Places like Thrumster,Keiss,HalKirk etc are bad for Rumours and stories that have arms and legs added as they go along.

You contradict yourself by quoting a third party rumour on this thread.

butterfly
07-Mar-09, 04:08

WELL FOLKS ITS ALL LOOKING VERY SUSPICIOUS,COULD IT BE THAT MAZDA/COACHMAN KNOWS BECAUSE HE LIVES IN THAT AREA[evil]

butterfly
07-Mar-09, 04:34
Mazda, your VIEWS are a bit of a contradiction
Today, you said
THIS SITE IN MY VIEW WAS THE WRONG PLACE TO AIR SUCH VIEWS
Previosly 2nd Feb, you said
MY VIEW AND HUSBANDS VIEW THIS BOARD IS FOR FREE SPEACH AND VIEWS
too many views, I think

poor fellow forgeting what he has stated,this is the trouble you find yourself in when you lie.you have to have a good memory to be a good liar and mazda is useless at both.[evil]

Jimbo
07-Mar-09, 09:22
I think this thread should be closed now, the whole point of my initial thread was to embarass this thug - JOB DONE, I think/hope!!

EDDIE
07-Mar-09, 11:10
I think this thread should be closed now, the whole point of my initial thread was to embarass this thug - JOB DONE, I think/hope!!

Im sorry jimbo but the job isnt really done you have not dealt with the problem you have just had a discussion on here and hoping this person is a member and as mazda has said we have only heard one side of the story.
If you no who the person is are you scared to phone the police and report the person or have word with the person.
You really need to talk to the person and find out there side of the story because you also have only heard one side of the story as well
But having said all that it still a good thing to talk about it rather than bottleing it all up and doing something silly that you would regret later on

EDDIE
07-Mar-09, 11:38

I agree with u

weeboyagee
07-Mar-09, 13:06
Classic piece of "rumour" - did said person come from Thrumster, via Wick and now live In A House?

Thread is boring, full of gossip, looking for answers requiring detectives - we can have as many opinions on some of the information (best of all the wrong terms available!) being yapped about on here but unfortunately the bulk of this is for the mini-columns of the Daily Star.

I wouldn't close the thread - too many people would have to find a more challenging thread to read and contribute to. Off to read another thread, might come back though - hypocrite that I am :)

Nuff said.

WBG :cool:

ShelleyCowie
07-Mar-09, 13:29

What i dont like is the fact that these boys have hired the hall and are playing music, not causing anybody any harm and yet they get 'assulted' as Jimbo said.

Do people not say they want teenagers off the streets causing trouble and vandalism, can they not see that NOT ALL teenagers vandalise.

This set of teenagers were practicing music which people should be encouraging. Music is an art, which these teens should enjoy as much as possible.

Jimbo i hope it all gets sorted out soon. And hope the teens continue to practice their music, can i get their autograph incase they are famous one day! ;)

hotrod4
07-Mar-09, 16:23
Dont you just love a bit of caithness rumours!!![lol]
He said/she said/we said and are still no further on!

butterfly
07-Mar-09, 18:16

ha !you were the first to take it off topic[lol]

Jimbo
07-Mar-09, 19:19
Myself, and my family would like to thank everyone for there kind wishes and private messages, and to hell with all the negatives, as this thread has had over 3,000 views, I think its about time it was padlocked. I know and now you's all know what happened that night - I'm happy. Regards

unicorn
07-Mar-09, 19:33
you are the one that locks it jimbo go into thread tools to do it.

Jimbo
07-Mar-09, 19:33
Lock this topic please