PDA

View Full Version : Buses to Inverness

dousslesh
02-Mar-09, 18:41
Just been checking the timetable to catch a bus from Lybster to Inverness on 15th May ( Have a plane to catch at 12.30) Does it STILL take over 3 hours to make this journey on Stagecoach ? I was under the impression that the timetable was going to improve ? !! From what I can see the earliest bus I can catch is 08.01 to arrive at 11.03 in Inverness . Too late to for my flight at 12.30 ! (Allowing for travel to airport and check in -too risky !!! ) If that is the case what a rotten service !
Don't suppose anyone is travelling that way and would like to car share - Happy to pay towards petrol ? !

Fluff
02-Mar-09, 19:10
Its daft isnt it! being a non-driver in the north is just such a pain in the behind. My OH and I were taking the train down once and it got delayed at georgemas for some unknown reason. We got to the check-in desks as they were turning off the monitors, luckily they accepted us on.

Mother Bear
02-Mar-09, 21:11
I have my bus ticket for a trip South later this month. Leaves Berriedale at 8.05am, [must be the one coming from Thurso which is slightly earlier than the one from Wick.....but no help to you if you are getting on at Lybster].....arrives Inv 10.29am. IF it is on time and no delays, I could make a dash for the qtr to 11am bus to the airport, and get there with 5 mins to spare before check-in closes! Methinks that is to risky so I ususally end up getting a taxi to the airport just to be on the safe side! It is a pity they can't co-ordinate the buses with flights a bit better, but I guess that really would get complicated and be too much to expect in all honesty. Does the early train fare any better for your trip? [no pun intended!]

embow
02-Mar-09, 21:22
Check all the times of buses to and from Invernes here.
The first bus is now at 7.43am from Lybster

http://www.stagecoachbus.com/timetables/25x0812WEB.pdf

purplelady
03-Mar-09, 00:19
There is a bus thast leaves Wick at 7.23 getting into inverness at 10.33 so I would think it will get to lybster about just before 8 hope this helps you can book in arcade travel and it is cheaper if you book in advance so they could comfirm times for you x

dousslesh
03-Mar-09, 13:48
Thanks everyone for the information. Looks as though I can now arrive in Inverness just after 10.30 am . Will need to use a taxi from Inverness to get to Airport but at least it is possible ( just !) Thanks again everyone for taking the time to reply !

purplelady
03-Mar-09, 13:52
No worries I know how annoying it is trying to work out transport at least that one goes rite though to inverness no detours lol am getting the 9.11 tomorrow and that does not get to ness till 12.30 lol x