PDA

View Full Version : Would like to thank all for there words.

router
27-Feb-09, 13:08
Just wanting to say thank you to everyone for their kind words and well wishes for our wee one to make a hasty recovery.

Taken into Raigemore on tuesday with breathing difficulties. He was placed on oxygen and is currently being tube fed.

After 3 days he has been taken off the oxygen and seems to be coping well. Still being tube fed but hoping that will change soon.
But a definate improvement has been noticed and we still have a while before full recovery but will take that bridge when we cross it.

Special thanks to Balto. you know why;)

dirdyweeker
27-Feb-09, 13:10
Here's hoping for a speedy recovery. Am glad improvements are continuing.
Not pleasant when anyone is ill, more so a wee one.
Good luck.

Melancholy Man
27-Feb-09, 13:24
Good going.

kriklah
27-Feb-09, 13:24
fingers crossed for a speedy recovery, thoughts are with you and family at this time.xxxxx Sam

Ash
27-Feb-09, 15:14
hope ur wee one is doing well... we've just come back with my daughter and they are amazing in there

teenybash
27-Feb-09, 16:03
High hopes for continued improvement and full recovery.
Lots of cuddles, well wishes and most of healing lights.

Shabbychic
27-Feb-09, 16:08
Sorry to hear about the baby router. Hope he bounces back soon. My thoughts are with you and your family.

router
01-Mar-09, 14:40
quick update.Wee man went back on the oxygen fri night and was pretty poorly.
he has now come off the oxygen as of 4am this morn and seems to be doing ok and if he can stay off for 24hrs then he is closer to coming home.
He now has to start feeding himself again as he is still being tube fed.we are hoping he will be coming home on wed if all goes well.

Thanks for the pm's and well wishes, all hugs are being passed on as he needs plenty of them.

changilass
01-Mar-09, 14:43
Poor wee guy, hope he getts better soon.

Liz
01-Mar-09, 14:46
So sorry to hear about your wee one Router but so glad that he is improving.

I join the others in wishing him a very speedy recovery. Will be sending up a few prayers.

Another big hug is heading his way.:D

Angela
01-Mar-09, 14:47
What a worrying time for your family, router.

Wishing your wee boy all the best - hope he's much better soon and gets back home before too long.:)

router
01-Mar-09, 14:57
Thanks Liz, your hugs are helping him.We are spending 2 days with him and then coming back up to spend time with the others as they miss mum and dad.We came home today and are heading back down tomorrow to hopefully find him better than today.Its been a long haul but the end must be in sight.
he is definately over the worst and can only get better.

Angela and all the rest thanks again.

Liz
01-Mar-09, 15:01
You are very welcome and will send lots more.

It must be exhausting for you both (emotionally and physically)but sure it won't be long before your wee one will be home and the family is complete.:)

router
01-Mar-09, 15:05
You are very welcome and will send lots more.

It must be exhausting for you both (emotionally and physically)but sure it won't be long before your wee one will be home and the family is complete.:)

Heres hoping:Razz

ShelleyCowie
01-Mar-09, 15:07
Hugs from Me! Lots of hugs, so many i will be hugged out! ;)

All the best! x

teenybash
01-Mar-09, 15:11
Good news to hear 'little baby' is improving. Poor wee mite....aren't baby humans so vunerable? Hope he gets home soon, all better and snuggled in with you all again. Lots of nice cuddles for him......and you too, you must have been worried sick.

router
01-Mar-09, 15:13
Thanks teenybash. any family member who is taken ill is a worry to us all.

Hoping for a quick recovery and home again. will pass the wishes on to him tomorrow when we go back down.

Thanks shellybain will pass all them hugs on.

Allsorts
01-Mar-09, 15:25
Hugs to you all as well and hope that the wee fellow gets home on Wednesday and the family can be back together again. Its a stressful time all round and have been there a few times with our wee fellow. You feel split in two as you want to be with him and also want to be with the siblings.
Thinking of you all and hope you see a great big improvement when you see him tomorrow.

mrs and mr brown
01-Mar-09, 15:29
hello router ive sent a pm. hugs and kisses. my thoughts are with you and the rest of the family xxx

percy toboggan
01-Mar-09, 15:34
To a parent, nothing is as distressing as a poorly child. The fact that breathing difficulties were experienced must have made it all the more traumatic.
I wish your youngster well router and your
family a rapid return to peace of mind.

router
01-Mar-09, 15:42
many thanks again.

Percy you are right. Breathing difficulties are hard to deal with but the staff at the hospital made sure that he got great care and although at times it seemed never to be enough it was.You always want more to be done but with a RSV it has to take its own course and all that can be done is basic care of oxygen and making sure they stay stable.

Heres hoping he will have crossed the next hurdle when we see him tomorrow.

sassylass
01-Mar-09, 17:51
What a worrisome time for you all, please give him a hug from me and one to your wife too, she must be beside herself.

router
01-Mar-09, 18:19
What a worrisome time for you all, please give him a hug from me and one to your wife too, she must be beside herself.

thanks hugs on the way for both. You know justine she is resiliant, fell apart a few times but stays strong for me and the kids.

cuddlepop
01-Mar-09, 18:43
being away from your wee one is really hard especially when their so ill.
The staff in Raigmore are wonderful and will do everything they can to make you feel less isolated.

Justine's made of the stong stuff so I'm sure she'll cope,especially knowing we're all here for you .

Hopeing your wee one makes a speedy recovery and your all back up in caithness soon.:D

S&LHEN
01-Mar-09, 19:45
Awww im so sorry to have read this I hope hes ok my son was rushed to hospital before and it was awful you end up going into shock.
My prayers are with you all and if theres anyway at all we can help you just need to ask.:(

poppett
01-Mar-09, 20:17
Hope things improve for you all day by day. As stated previously, if you need anything, just ask.

router
01-Mar-09, 20:33
cheers for the thoughts and wishes.

have just phoned and he has taken some bottle himself but is still relying on tube feeding for most of it. but its a good start.Still off the oxygen, which is the longest hes has done since falling ill last saturday.

Must be all your thoughts and hugs thats doing it, keep it coming and you will all have him home soon.

Anne x
01-Mar-09, 21:43
All the very best to you and the bairn I hope all is well and home soon

balto
01-Mar-09, 22:33
Just wanting to say thank you to everyone for their kind words and well wishes for our wee one to make a hasty recovery.

Taken into Raigemore on tuesday with breathing difficulties. He was placed on oxygen and is currently being tube fed.

After 3 days he has been taken off the oxygen and seems to be coping well. Still being tube fed but hoping that will change soon.
But a definate improvement has been noticed and we still have a while before full recovery but will take that bridge when we cross it.

Special thanks to Balto. you know why;)
hiya, just glad he is on the mend spent the whole week worrying you would have thought he was my baby:Razz look foward to seeing the wee man home and healthy.

brandy
01-Mar-09, 22:57
oh hun *HUGE HUGS AND CUDDLES* ive just now read this! been working loads since thursaday! and not been at the school or online! hope hes home soon! and dont worry too much! the nurses in scbu are second to none! belive me i know!
oh bless him! you two keep strong!
lots of love
brandy

router
02-Mar-09, 12:40
oh hun *HUGE HUGS AND CUDDLES* ive just now read this! been working loads since thursaday! and not been at the school or online! hope hes home soon! and dont worry too much! the nurses in scbu are second to none! belive me i know!
oh bless him! you two keep strong!
lots of love
brandy

Thanks brandy, although hes is not in scbu, just childrens ward.will pass your words to justine

router
04-Mar-09, 17:22
just to let you know that Cyrus-Jacob Thorn is back at home. we still have a long way to full recovery but hes back where he belongs.

thanks for all the pms and well wishes will answer them when we get time.:)

Angela
04-Mar-09, 17:28
Wonderful news router, so pleased to hear you have your wee boy back home.:) What a relief for you all that must be.

Hope he'll soon be fully fit and getting up to mischief! :D

teenybash
04-Mar-09, 17:37
Congratulations little Cyrus-Jacob Thorn for being the best fighter ever....a lovely big cuddle specially for you from Teenybash.

Router I bet you are just so content to have the wee man home.....Happy days ahead for you all...x

Liz
04-Mar-09, 20:41
I am so chuffed to hear that your 'wee man' is home and the family is complete.

Will keep him in my prayers until recovery is complete.

dragonfly
04-Mar-09, 21:17
I've not been viewing many threads since being in Edinburgh so only just come across this. So glad that your wee one was well enough to get home and hope he comes on leaps and bounds now he's where he belongs

Margaret M.
05-Mar-09, 05:16
That's good news, Router, I'm glad to hear the wee guy is back home and I hope he has a speedy recovery.