PDA

View Full Version : NME Awards

ShelleyCowie
26-Feb-09, 21:55
Woopee....

Muse won the Best Live Act and Best Album Artwork awards at the NME Awards!

:Razz Delighted! That was pretty much the only band i cared about! [lol]

Kenneth
27-Feb-09, 11:09
NME is awful

buddyrich
27-Feb-09, 16:35
Kerrang is worse.

Kenneth
27-Feb-09, 16:58
i see your kerrang and raise you.....

in fact you cant get worse than kerrang can you!?

buddyrich
27-Feb-09, 17:01
It's the gutter press of music, but not in a knowing, cool way like it used to be.

The cream of the writers all went to classic rock anyway which seems to have the respect of rock fans and the musicians too.

Kerrang went to the dogs when EMAP ruined it.

loganbiffy
27-Feb-09, 17:01
Haha they are both awful tbh, so is Q..............................horrid.

Kenneth
27-Feb-09, 17:36
Under the Radar and Clash are pretty decent! Those are only two that are much good. Word is good actually.

Q is pretty shockin these days

ShelleyCowie
27-Feb-09, 17:56
Is nobody else delighted that Muse won more awards tho! (Exception of Gizmo) :confused

Jeid
27-Feb-09, 18:49
NME is awful

you used to read it!

Gizmo
27-Feb-09, 19:08
Kerrang is worse.

Nowt wrong with Kerrang, i've been buying it regularly for about 24yrs, sure...some of the writers are complete Richard Heads, but you get that in every music magazine, it always puzzles me when people slag off Kerrang and say 'it's gone crap now', what exactly is crap about it?, it has news reviews and interviews with current and new popular rock/metal bands and also plently of more underground bands, which is pretty much the same as it has always done.

Blast!
28-Feb-09, 22:45
ffs.

the NME is an absolute rag. why anyone would pay money for it is beyond me.

the awards themselves are a joke.

just look at the award categories they have:

Sexist Make, Sexiest Female, Best Dressed, Worst Dressed, Hero of the Year, Villian of the Year...

need i go on?

it read like the end of year list for OK! Magazine.

it's pathetic.

those categories have got feck all to do with music.

it's nothing but a fashion mag which finds itself very out of touch with the youth of today.

ShelleyCowie
28-Feb-09, 22:56
ffs.

the NME is an absolute rag. why anyone would pay money for it is beyond me.

the awards themselves are a joke.

just look at the award categories they have:

Sexist Make, Sexiest Female, Best Dressed, Worst Dressed, Hero of the Year, Villian of the Year...

need i go on?

it read like the end of year list for OK! Magazine.

it's pathetic.

those categories have got feck all to do with music.

it's nothing but a fashion mag which finds itself very out of touch with the youth of today.

Some of them might mean something to some people!

Sexiest Man - Matthew Bellamy
Best Dressed -Matthew Bellamy
Hero of the Year - Matthew Bellamy

Need i go on?

Obviously i like Matthew Bellamy, but i have my reasons too, some of their music has really inspired me for some of my drawings and sketches. So if i want to vote for the NME awards then i will...and i did.

And to be honest...Matthew Bellamy is no too harsh on the eyes too! ;) Oh and Dom! :Razz

Blast!
28-Feb-09, 23:04
Some of them might mean something to some people!

Sexiest Man - Matthew Bellamy
Best Dressed -Matthew Bellamy
Hero of the Year - Matthew Bellamy

Need i go on?

Obviously i like Matthew Bellamy, but i have my reasons too, some of their music has really inspired me for some of my drawings and sketches. So if i want to vote for the NME awards then i will...and i did.

And to be honest...Matthew Bellamy is no too harsh on the eyes too! ;) Oh and Dom! :Razz

Aye, got but's got feck all to with music.

But to be fair, the NME never has cared much for music.

ShelleyCowie
28-Feb-09, 23:32
Aye, got but's got feck all to with music.

But to be fair, the NME never has cared much for music.

Could have sworn Matthew Bellamy had something to do with Music, or am i wrong?! :confused:eek:

Blast!
01-Mar-09, 00:46
Could have sworn Matthew Bellamy had something to do with Music, or am i wrong?! :confused:eek:

Best dress? Sexiest male? Hero of the year?

What the have they got to do with music.

Musicians who rely on fashion to get famous are piss-poor musicians.

GET OUT!

ShelleyCowie
01-Mar-09, 12:29
Best dress? Sexiest male? Hero of the year?

What the have they got to do with music.

Musicians who rely on fashion to get famous are piss-poor musicians.

GET OUT!

You think musicians rely on fashion? Dont think so....i have seen some artists wearing some pretty awful things and yet their song will still be a hit or people will still adore them.

You dont get rid of me that easily! ;) If I choose to like the NME awards then thats up to me.

If music is not allowed to have best dressed, sexiest male etc etc...then you must object to movie awards doing the same? :roll:

Kenneth
01-Mar-09, 13:28
you used to read it!

So true, in my wild and carefree days!! Its good for news and posters and all that, but the way it is written, and also the layout, you's think it was done by 5 year olds. Stupid 5 year olds.

Blast!
01-Mar-09, 18:32
If music is not allowed to have best dressed, sexiest male etc etc...then you must object to movie awards doing the same? :roll:

Aye, I do.

ShelleyCowie
01-Mar-09, 18:46
Aye, I do.

Thats ur opinion, which is fine. But i like the NME awards but u have just basically pooped on my thread here. ;)

Jeid
01-Mar-09, 21:04
It deserved pooped on. I like Muse, but I agree with Blast!, what the hell do best dressed etc have to do with music?

NME FTMFL!

ShelleyCowie
01-Mar-09, 23:13
It deserved pooped on. I like Muse, but I agree with Blast!, what the hell do best dressed etc have to do with music?

NME FTMFL!

I dont think there was any need to poop on it though! I never asked people about what they thought about the NME awards themselves, i was just delighted Muse won 2 awards. Best live act they really deserved!

End of. :Razz