PDA

View Full Version : M.O.T.s

Tom Cornwall
25-Feb-09, 15:24
can anyone settle this argument..if your car fails the mot and the official cost of the tes is around £53..what would you expect to pay when you take the car back after you've fixed what was wrong? thanks

blondscot
25-Feb-09, 15:28
If you go back to the same garage within a certain time which i think is 7days then you should not be recharged but if you leave it longer you will

poppett
25-Feb-09, 15:34
The garage I use in Inverness does not charge a retest fee if he does any work required. If the car is taken away and fixed and returned within seven days it is half the fee. If the car is taken away and fixed and returned later than seven days it is a full re-test therefore a full retest fee.

On the government website for test fees the £53.10 test fee is vat free and the maximum that can be charged. Some garages do an MoT and service package and usually the test fee then is much less.

scorpion
25-Feb-09, 19:32
If car goes back to same garage within 24 hours ,no charge ,up to 7 days ,usually half price and full fee if over 7 days

EDDIE
25-Feb-09, 20:14
can anyone settle this argument..if your car fails the mot and the official cost of the tes is around £53..what would you expect to pay when you take the car back after you've fixed what was wrong? thanks

It varies between garages you have to ask that question first before letting them mot your car

davie
25-Feb-09, 20:16
Strictly speaking if you take the vehicle AWAY from the testing garage then they can charge a full test fee (in essence they should be starting the M.O.T. test from scratch again).

Tom Cornwall
27-Feb-09, 16:12
just to update you folks...thanks for the replies, but, thankfully, I didn't need a resit...car got through ok..and I only got charged £35..so that's something...thanks again, folks:)