PDA

View Full Version : Did you get yours and how did you have it?

Kenn
25-Feb-09, 01:29
I am referring to pancakes just what were you thinking?

Filled with summer fruits, sprinkled with castor sugar here YUMMY.

hell raizer
25-Feb-09, 01:36
i made some yesterday afternoon, i had butter and strawberry & champagne jam on mine. lovely :D

changilass
25-Feb-09, 02:11
Traditional lemon and sugar here

MadPict
25-Feb-09, 02:19
Made a load this evening - savoury and sweet!!

oldmarine
25-Feb-09, 03:23

Mine with maple syrup.

Thumper
25-Feb-09, 08:20
My son made mine....yummy they were too!x

brokencross
25-Feb-09, 08:44
Totally forgot.......it will have to be pancake Wednesday with maple syrup..Mmm

balto
25-Feb-09, 10:07

lol lizz must admit the title of the thread got me wondering what it could be about. forgot it was pancake day, oops silly me.

arana negra
25-Feb-09, 10:10
Forgot all about it here too like them sweet rather than savoury with sugar and squeeze of lemon Yummy

golach
25-Feb-09, 10:42
Today, Ash Wednesday is the start of Lent, a 40 day Christian period of fasting or a giving up something you particularly like, how many who celebrated Pancake Tueday are going to continue this rite? And what are you going to give up for the 40 days?

teenybash
25-Feb-09, 11:56
Made a load of pancakes and will enjoy them all, topped with whatever I fancy....Won't be giving up anything for lent........:)

ShelleyCowie
25-Feb-09, 12:39
I bought some! :eek:[lol] I really cant make pancakes! Every attempt i have ever made turns out so bad!

I think i will just make some choc chip cookies today though.

kitty kat
25-Feb-09, 12:39
the pancakes where flowing in my house, chocolate spread, lemon and sugar, syrup sore teeth all round today good though :)

MadPict
25-Feb-09, 13:40
Golach, I'm giving up pancakes....

George Brims
25-Feb-09, 18:57

I hope it was castEr sugar Lizz, wouldn't like to think of your pancake covered in little wheels.

George Brims
25-Feb-09, 19:06
Lent joke (couldn't resist):

A man goes to confession the first week of Lent, and tells the priest his wife decided they should give up sex for Lent, and he's having trouble coping with it. The priest gives him ten Hail Marys and tells him to pray for strength. The second week he goes again and says it's getting worse, he is starting to fantasize all the time. Priest gives him twenty Hail Marys and tells him again to pray for strength. The third week the bloke is obviously at his wits end. The priest gives him thirty Hail Marys and tells him to pray day and night for the strength to hold out against temptation.

Finally the last week he comes and says "I'm sorry Father, I failed. My wife bent down to pick up a can of beans off the bottom shelf, and she was wearing this tight skirt, and she looked so good. I cracked. I grabbed her right there and made love to her."

"Oh dear my son, I'm sorry to hear that. I suppose your wife must be annoyed with you"

"Oh she is Father. And the manager at Tesco says we can't come back in his shop either."

percy toboggan
25-Feb-09, 19:37
Mrs.T made me a pancake for the first time in years. She admitted it was a limp affair, rather flaccid and ragged. Still, it went down well with some lemon juice.
As I returned the plate to the washing up bowl I noticed her own pancake in the pan. Quite beautifully formed with a fluffier , but bulkier texture.

A mild aside brought censure - 'I don't do them often' which was true. I'm grateful for anything my wife puts on my plate...even a second rate pancake.

oldmarine
25-Feb-09, 22:15
Made a load of pancakes and will enjoy them all, topped with whatever I fancy....Won't be giving up anything for lent........:)

Reading about Lent, reminds me that this is Ash Wednesday and I will go to the evening service and get my forehead touched with ashes. My wife is church organist and I love to hear her master the organ.

Dadie
25-Feb-09, 22:44
Drop scones?? Scottish pancakes?? whatever you call want to call them ...hot with lots of butter ... none left for hubby as me and Lauren ate them all....except for the first 2 which Poppy dog got:lol:

balto
25-Feb-09, 23:12
i have a bad habit of eating them as soon as i make them so its pointless, mind my grandad used to make lovely pancakes.

ShelleyCowie
25-Feb-09, 23:20
i have a bad habit of eating them as soon as i make them so its pointless, mind my grandad used to make lovely pancakes.

Im the same! :eek: straight oot the pan, a dollop o butter and then in ma gob! dinna last long the poor things! But im pathetic at makin pancakes! its the OH that can make em!

My Granny used to make the best pancakes! :Razz

kitty kat
26-Feb-09, 00:27
im getting hungry :D