PDA

View Full Version : Re-Introduction to the Org

ShelleyCowie
24-Feb-09, 19:52
I don’t want this thread to come across the wrong way. But then again I do not want people posting saying they can’t be bothered with me. You can clearly see it is me that has posted this thread so please if you are not interested just ignore the thread.

Sometimes I can get a bit out of control and take things a bit far. But people don’t know me. That’s just the way I am. I have had a lot of PM’s from people who have been extremely nice over the last few days, thank you very much.

There seems to be a lot of words flying around the org where people are judging other people before they have even met them. So maybe its about time we all came together and spoke a bit about ourselves.

So since there are very few on here who know me, whether you want to know or not here is a small bit about me.

My name is Shelley, I am 20 years old (mental age 4), I live in Thurso with my partner, I have 1 son who is 5 months old and he is my meaning in life and I love him very much. Im rather hyperactive 99% of the time as most know.

I adore animals, only have the 1 cat right now called Fintan. But me and my partner have high hopes about a new pet soon. But I have always been a pet lover having many pets in the past.

I enjoy movies, computer games (Xbox 360, PS3, Wii and some PC), I am quite into music, talking (lol), meeting with friends, making models and many other activities.

I generally get on very well with new people I meet (you really must have to meet me to understand my hyperactivity), believe it or not sometimes I do get shy in front of new people but that soon disappears. [lol]

I am keen to know a bit about the rest of you orgers so maybe we can all get along a bit better!

We call ourselves a community when we cant even get along with each other.

It is worth a try and if it gets out of hand i will close it.

honey
24-Feb-09, 20:01
good idea.... :lol:

Well, my name is Shelly too (no 2nd 'e' though) which in my case is short for michelle.

Im 32 and now live in glasgow with my hubby and 2 sons (9 and 2) (my wedding pics are on the org!)

im originally from Thurso, but moved to glasgow after meeting hubby on the net (had to do something to make the hours at BT go faster ;))

I still have family in Thurso though, so i visit when i can.

work wise, i have worked my way up to being a Team Manager for the US Embassy Call Centre.

hobby wise, im a huge Glasgow Rangers Supporter, i love to dance and i love to read, but not at the same time obviously.

I love coming onto the org cause, although i have been away from Thurso for over 10 years now, i still get homesick and miss the highlands...

hmm, thats about it for me...

Thumper
24-Feb-09, 20:01
Shelley,you have no need to feel you have to explain anything to anyone!Some people on here can be far too quick to judge and also far to quick to complain!They also develop a nasty habit of dishing out bad rep when they feel that they have been challenged or are not being agreed with when they want to be.IMO that is bullying no matter what way you look at it.Just be yourself and ignore those who try to belittle you,they are not worth worrying about and will hopefully be dealt with in the proper manner x

Kevin Milkins
24-Feb-09, 20:02
Look foward to meeting you on Thursday at our curry night get together Shelly.;):Razz

Vistravi
24-Feb-09, 20:56
Hey as you know Shelley my name is Marion or preferably MJA now.
I'm 20 years old and always up for a giggle.
I'm loyal to the people and animals i care bout and I would walk on fire for anybody I care bout.
I have two cats, one me and my partner only got two days ago. I'd hate to be the person that ever hurts either of my cats as i love the scamps to bits and can't stand animal cruelty of any kind.
I have a nasty temper but unless anyone annoys me or keeps grating at me then nobody ever sees it. lol
I am caring and friendly and get on with absolutely everyone.
I'm a bit mad sometimes and can be incredilby randam but I believe that if we are serious all the time then the world would be a very boring and dull place.
I'm currently schmeing to move away from caithness as i think 20 years in one place is quite long enough. So next few yars i'm hoping is going to take me to lots of different places and to see lots of new things and meet lots of new people. :Razz

ShelleyCowie
24-Feb-09, 21:05
Well, my name is Shelly too (no 2nd 'e' though) which in my case is short for michelle.

My name is Michelle too...but shhh its a secret!

Shelley,you have no need to feel you have to explain anything to anyone!Some people on here can be far too quick to judge and also far to quick to complain!They also develop a nasty habit of dishing out bad rep when they feel that they have been challenged or are not being agreed with when they want to be.IMO that is bullying no matter what way you look at it.Just be yourself and ignore those who try to belittle you,they are not worth worrying about and will hopefully be dealt with in the proper manner x

Thanks Thumper, i plan to be myself. Im changing for nobody. But i was hoping something like this may help people along the path as to getting on better. ;)

Look foward to meeting you on Thursday at our curry night get together Shelly.;):Razz

I wish!

Curry = Yummy full belly.

My OH is working though so will be mucking around with my son. But one day i will come to an org night.

Moonboots
24-Feb-09, 21:08
Tell the truth now Shelley!!!!!
You missed us at the org and you have been miserable since[lol]
Mind you... Ive seen you out more hahaha

honey
24-Feb-09, 21:12
My name is Michelle too...but shhh its a secret!

you only get called that when your in trouble too then?? ;)

purplelady
24-Feb-09, 23:48
welcome back hun am glad you are back like I said do not let poeple get to you they are not worth it belevie me I know xxxxxxxxx

poppett
24-Feb-09, 23:58
Glad to see you back posting Shelley. Almost didn`t recognise you with your fancy font. It`s like getting a new outfit.

ShelleyCowie
25-Feb-09, 00:01
you only get called that when your in trouble too then?? ;)

Yeah, but i dont get in trouble often. Usually when the OH is wanting dinner! :roll:

welcome back hun am glad you are back like I said do not let poeple get to you they are not worth it belevie me I know xxxxxxxxx

I know, hence why i decided to post. Thought to myself why should i care if a few folk dont like what i say. The feeling may be mutual [lol]

Glad to see you back posting Shelley. Almost didn`t recognise you with your fancy font. It`s like getting a new outfit.

The fancy font was a mistake. lol. I actually typed up what i was gonna say earlier today but read it over at least 10 times to make sure it was worded correctly. Then when i pasted it in here, the font changed lol.

But a new outfit does sound grand!

balto
25-Feb-09, 00:02
welcome back shelley.dont need to tell you who i am lol. anyway good to see you back in the mad house lol.

Bazeye
25-Feb-09, 01:38
I knew youd be back. Since youve been away ill bet your poor OHs ears have been assaulted, with you having nobody else to talk to.

PS If hes reading this, "You can take your earplugs out now mate".:lol::lol:

PPS Welcome back to the madhouse.

oldmarine
25-Feb-09, 02:07
Hello Shelley: This post seems harmless enough so here goes. My name is also Marion. Visited Caithness (mostly Thurso) at the Naval Station in 1980 a couple of times to install a satellite communications terminal. Returned with my family (wife & 2 daughters) to tour Scotland and England in 1989. Stayed one week at the same bed & breakfast where I stayed during 1980. My family enjoyed the tour immensely. I am currently 83 years, 6 months, 1 day old. Perhaps not the oldest Org but close to it. Met some really nice people here and some that may not be quite so nice, but try to get along with everyone. We, the family also met a lot of nice people on our tour as I did when I was in Caithness for engineering the satellite communications system at the Naval Station. Hope this serves your purpose to re-introduce everyone to the Org.

Loafer
25-Feb-09, 07:55
I don’t want this thread to come across the wrong way. But then again I do not want people posting saying they can’t be bothered with me. You can clearly see it is me that has posted this thread so please if you are not interested just ignore the thread.

Sometimes I can get a bit out of control and take things a bit far. But people don’t know me. That’s just the way I am. I have had a lot of PM’s from people who have been extremely nice over the last few days, thank you very much.

There seems to be a lot of words flying around the org where people are judging other people before they have even met them. So maybe its about time we all came together and spoke a bit about ourselves.

So since there are very few on here who know me, whether you want to know or not here is a small bit about me.

My name is Shelley, I am 20 years old (mental age 4), I live in Thurso with my partner, I have 1 son who is 5 months old and he is my meaning in life and I love him very much. Im rather hyperactive 99% of the time as most know.

I adore animals, only have the 1 cat right now called Fintan. But me and my partner have high hopes about a new pet soon. But I have always been a pet lover having many pets in the past.

I enjoy movies, computer games (Xbox 360, PS3, Wii and some PC), I am quite into music, talking (lol), meeting with friends, making models and many other activities.

I generally get on very well with new people I meet (you really must have to meet me to understand my hyperactivity), believe it or not sometimes I do get shy in front of new people but that soon disappears. [lol]

I am keen to know a bit about the rest of you orgers so maybe we can all get along a bit better!

Hi Shelley

I don't think there was any need for you to open your heart like you did, but well done! A couple of wee bits of advice about the org. Firstly don't let folk get you down. Secondly, develop a thick skin and let it go in one ear and out the other (is that three bits of addvice??!!)! I read your "leaving" post and you said that one person was having a go at you and another poster said he was using fancy words. Just IGNORE it, enjoy your own posts and replies from folk that you know are your mates. There are a lot of wind-up merchants on this site (including myself from time to time!!!), so simply enjoy it for what YOU want to enjoy it for.

The Loafer

P.S. At work if I think my words aren't big or long enough, I type it into word and use the thesaurus!!!

kriklah
25-Feb-09, 09:39
when the org is running smoothly it is a great place for community spirit. im not a big poster but do like to come on here everyday.

my name is Sam, mum to 5 kids, ages 12, 11, 6, nearly 5 and a 11 month old. i am recently seperated from OH, and X-OH's 18 year old lives with me.

im originaly from south of england, moved up to ayshire then thurso, now living in halkirk. i love it up here, so peaceful.

i have numerous pets, 5 cats, (and 1 that move in with a neighbour), a dog, 4 chinchillas, 2 gerbils, 1 hamster and some tripical fish.

id say im a calm friendly natured person, not prone to bad tempers (unless i look in the kids bedrooms!!) but im generally solitary, dont do the big social scene. only been driving since september, and that was such a releif to get my licence at last, now im mobile!!

teenybash
25-Feb-09, 10:55
Good to see you back among friends Shelley.....as has been said develop a thick skin and treat barbed or negative comments like water off a ducks back and you will be just fine.
By the way my name is Maria and I have loads of animals, I work from home, love people and do a lot of talking.

Bless you... Welcome back x

Metalattakk
25-Feb-09, 11:11
... and another poster said he was using fancy words.

Oh no! Not 'fancy words'! :eek: How expeditiously sagacious of him!

Anyway, welcome back Shelley. Stick to the rules and you'll do all right, kid.

Invisible
25-Feb-09, 17:33

I seem to have missed something but was on holiday and have a lot of org catching up to do. anyway.

My name is Robert or Rab , I am 20 years old (21 on Monday!), I live in Forse, by Lybster on a farm.

I love Music and also have an admiration for animals.

I dont watch alot of TV mainly cos its a load of rubbish so most of my earnings go to Cd's and DVD's.

My goal in life is to be a rockstar, and to be fit and healthy.

I love sports although my belly would say otherwise e.g Football, Rugby, Ice Hockey.

Feel free to add me on bebo if you have it. - http://www.bebo.com/battleaxed

weeboyagee
25-Feb-09, 18:08
42, off ma head (golach will tell you that for an obvious reason), support the right team, drive a brilliant car (when it's on the road), head like a seive, run about like a headless chicken, act like a teenager, behave like a 2 year old, sing, play, dance, drink, laugh and all for today with the hope for tomorrow. Take me or leave me, kick me or otherwise, the skin will be the same before and after!

Howzat?!

At the end of the day I'm just the one and only.....

WBG :cool:

Fluff
25-Feb-09, 18:09
Not to distract too much from the thread but just be careful people about posting personal details on the net. I know this is a community forum but anyone can view these posts.
Anyways, hullo again Shelly

Alice in Blunderland
25-Feb-09, 18:13
42, off ma head (golach will tell you that for an obvious reason), support the right team, drive a brilliant car (when it's on the road), head like a seive, run about like a headless chicken, act like a teenager, behave like a 2 year old, sing, play, dance, drink, laugh and all for today with the hope for tomorrow. Take me or leave me, kick me or otherwise, the skin will be the same before and after!

Howzat?!

At the end of the day I'm just the one and only.....

OMG ..............EGO :eek: you forgot to mention your EGO .........:lol:

By the way my names not Alice but my brother is the one and only ...................WBG

hotrod4
25-Feb-09, 21:46
I am 38 years young. I am a Chef by trade and thats what I am doing at the moment.Have 3 kids (almost)16,13 and 5.
Love of my life (besides Mrs Rod!) Has to be Glasgow Rangers.
I am also as some will know heavily into my music,be it Rock or hip Hop i dont care as long as I am making music.
My claim to fame is cooking Eric bristows breakfast in the Mercury hotel!!!!![lol]

Good to see you back Shelley, its been quiet without you.Havent heard from you in ages;)

weeboyagee
25-Feb-09, 21:53
OMG ..............EGO :eek: you forgot to mention your EGO .........:lol: By the way my names not Alice but my brother is the one and only ...................WBG

The other member of the family is nuts, tied to the sink, the org (posts more than me!), decorates (of a fashion!), deals drugs (haha thats a good one!), brings up kids (silly woman), builds houses (nice BIG ones), dishes up Christmas dinner for the multitude and is the one and only .... AIB (and that's NOT the Allied Irish Bank - though she's good for a sub every now and then right enough!!!)

Alice in Blunderland
25-Feb-09, 22:07
The other member of the family is nuts, tied to the sink, the org (posts more than me!), decorates (of a fashion!), deals drugs (haha thats a good one!), brings up kids (silly woman), builds houses (nice BIG ones), dishes up Christmas dinner for the multitude and is the one and only .... AIB (and that's NOT the Allied Irish Bank - though she's good for a sub every now and then right enough!!!)

Why thank you for such a humbling rendition of my good points...............:lol:

Let me see .....Nuts well being a member of our family yes thats a must.

Tied to the sink ......I have a dishwasher I only had to wash dishes in WBGs house as he was too miserable to buy a dishwasher, a must in any kitchen.

The org ...... its the only way I can check up on you at times.

Decorates ........ what ! didnt you like the home improvements I made when I lived at your house???

Drug dealing.............well it pays the bills doesnt it and Im legal

Brings up kids........... social services would have me if I didnt show at least a little interest in them.

Builds houses.......... I needed somewhere to keep all these kids.

Dishes up christmas dinner.............. well you turned up. I couldnt exactly let you sit in the corner and drool now could I ?

AIB................. Im starting to think I am the allied Irish bank. If you default on your loans Ill start hitting you with bank charges.

And yes WBG always remember that I am the one and only AIB.

ShelleyCowie
25-Feb-09, 22:19
Good to see you back Shelley, its been quiet without you.Havent heard from you in ages;)

Someone missed me ;) I am everywhere though, floating in the backround

WBG u seem pure nuts, but thats a good thing!

alanabain
25-Feb-09, 22:41
Well Shelley you know who i am as we have shared the same womb ( me first tho HAHA )

But for everyone else........

I'm 22, live in thurso with my OH and son who is 5 in June. Due with Baby number 2 on 26th April.

Work at BT and Im starting maternity leave in 4 weeks on Friday.

Love lie ins, my laptop and my car ( micras ROCK )

Hate lazy people at work, people standing on my feet and breaks in programmes.

I have 10 nieces and nephews, another one coming too. Dont share them all with Shelley tho. 9 of them are on the OH's side.

That should do eh.:D

ShelleyCowie
25-Feb-09, 23:05
Well Shelley you know who i am as we have shared the same womb ( me first tho HAHA )

Pure lies...im no ur sister!! [lol]

Moonboots
26-Feb-09, 12:40
Pure lies...im no ur sister!! [lol]

I dont blame you... admitting something like that would be a big mistake [lol]

Dont get me wrong.. both usernames tell a different story haha

weeboyagee
26-Feb-09, 12:51
....micras ROCK....That should do eh.:D

Snarl, chomp, chomp - I eat micras for breakfast! :D

ellimac
26-Feb-09, 12:53
Hey shelley

Welcome back and I'm glad to see that the person/persons who upset hasn't put you off posting back on the Org... I love reading what you have to say and also what others have posted, its a great way to stay intouch and also to get to know folk... The Org is great for reading/posting and getting advice and you get a real laugh at what some people post on here, its a real shame that there are people out there who want to spoilt it for other's, but hey thats life... Just ignore them and that will annoy them even more than they annoy others....

Great to have you back........... :lol:

honey
26-Feb-09, 13:43
Pure lies...im no ur sister!!

brother????? :eek::lol:

ShelleyCowie
26-Feb-09, 13:51
brother????? :eek::lol:

Haha i have no relation to her...well i try to say so. [lol] Naw she is no bad at all....especially if i need a favour!

anneoctober
26-Feb-09, 13:52
I musta missed this latest attack on Shelley. For heaven's sake what's wrong with young blood, views and ideas on the forum? How many times do orgers have to post the words " if you don't like a thread IGNORE it". There's no need to beat someone over the head for daring to be friendly, amusing etc.[disgust]
I for one love your banter Shelley, keep it up girl ! ;)

honey
26-Feb-09, 14:00
Haha i have no relation to her...well i try to say so. [lol] Naw she is no bad at all....especially if i need a favour!

thats what family is for! ;)

honey
26-Feb-09, 14:01
I musta missed this latest attack on Shelley. For heaven's sake what's wrong with young blood, views and ideas on the forum? How many times do orgers have to post the words " if you don't like a thread IGNORE it". There's no need to beat someone over the head for daring to be friendly, amusing etc.[disgust]

well said Anne. This place would get tedious very quicky if we were all of the same opinions...

butterfly
26-Feb-09, 14:09

well said anne..........

ShelleyCowie
26-Feb-09, 14:16

Thanks! ;) I am planning on going nowhere! haha.

alanabain
26-Feb-09, 20:26

:eek: Shelley im shocked to here you say this.

Fine.... i am now seperating myself from you.

Have fun taking taxis to tesco and treking round to frasers in the rain for your fags.

and just " no bad " tut tut.

ShelleyCowie
26-Feb-09, 20:28
:eek: Shelley im shocked to here you say this.

Fine.... i am now seperating myself from you.

Have fun taking taxis to tesco and treking round to frasers in the rain for your fags.

and just " no bad " tut tut.

U know am jestin! ;)

Now are u still takin me to wick this weekend! [lol]

Dadie
26-Feb-09, 23:44
Me i am 31 mother of 2 Lauren who is 3 in june and acting like a teenager ...evrything is no at the moment but hopefully a long stretch on the naughty step will sort that out and Iona who is 10 months old and life is a laugh unless you are teething, poppy dog 5ish lab and Frodo the cat that is 9 mths old and im having to go back to work soon!

Ricco
27-Feb-09, 17:42
Shelley, I was sad that you felt that you had to go to such lengths to justify being here on the org... no-one should feel that they are compelled to do so. It is a great shame that some individuals can only get their self-esteem up by picking holes in someone else. We all love your contributions and love to see you here. ;)

ShelleyCowie
27-Feb-09, 17:55
Shelley, I was sad that you felt that you had to go to such lengths to justify being here on the org... no-one should feel that they are compelled to do so. It is a great shame that some individuals can only get their self-esteem up by picking holes in someone else. We all love your contributions and love to see you here. ;)

Thanks Ricco! ;)

Just a shame i will be on the Org a bit less over the next few days...halo wars arrived today!! [lol]