PDA

View Full Version : Summer Holidays

thursachick
23-Feb-09, 15:55
Thinking of going to Spain for my summer hols, probably Madrid or Barcelona followed by a resort on the Costa Brava. Anyone been recently and able to recommend interesting sights to see or places to stay (or places to avoid!)?

Cheers
:lol:

AfternoonDelight
23-Feb-09, 17:18
You can't beat Madrid! Went there a few years back and it was the most amazing place. Stayed in a hotel right in the heart of the city and it was really nice (Asturias)...

Take plenty of spending money though because it's not cheap... Had breakfast in the hotel every morning though and the underground takes you to a lot of places...

Booked throught the travel agents in Wick and got a reasonable deal as well - I think it makes a difference when you can actually speak to someone about it!

S&LHEN
23-Feb-09, 17:41
My Sister and co live in Alicante and says the night life and beaches are amazing cant wait to go:lol::lol:

davie
23-Feb-09, 18:17
Barcelona was my last port of call in mainland Spain. I was quite impressed by the architecture, Las Ramblas, and the relatively cheap food and vino.

arana negra
23-Feb-09, 22:01
I live 12k west of Sevilla and I reckon it is one of the best places to be ! Great architecture, The Catedral and the Giralda Tower, The Palace and Gardens, The old town, the river and Triana on the other side. Loads of tapas bars great places to eat and all the sports (extreme or not so) you could want in the area. Fantastic train network and the Socibus cheap and goes to lots of places. You have mountains sea and National Parks with wildlife of all kinds, all in close proximity to Spains' third main city.

thursachick
02-Mar-09, 12:06
Thank you for your responses - great info!

Cheers

thursachick
09-Mar-09, 12:59
Cheers again - off to Madrid - booking in progress!

davie
09-Mar-09, 13:15
You do realise that by going to one of these foreign countries for your hols you might miss the Caithness summer ?.
Also consider what the cheap drink & excessive eating might do to your waistline.

(Signed)

Jealous
Kinbrace