PDA

View Full Version : ghosts in caithness?

brandy
14-Sep-03, 22:41
after reading the hill of forss post was wandering...
is there any Gosties in caithness?
poltergiest?? spirits?? apparitions??
any one ever experiance a ghost?
let all lay it on the line!
tell me your stories!
and of any haunted places up here!!!

©Amethyst
14-Sep-03, 23:21
yeah - there are a few people who claim to have seen many ghosts in Caithness... I'll try and get a few stories for ya from my future step father next time I see him :o) (I usually walk away when he starts with his ghost stories).

Kenn
15-Sep-03, 01:46
Nice sentiment Amethyst..but if you suscribe to the theory put forward by Einstein..then we are merely in a different pigeion hole to the present.That means we can slip sideways/back/forward in time so that any apparitions we might see are merely as a result of having slid down the wrong leg of The Trousers of Time.Catch you somewhere in The Andromedian Nebula,it's a great place to be!

jjc
15-Sep-03, 10:46
When I was a kid I could have sworn I saw a ghost walking down the stairs in the house I grew up in. 'She' was a white haired old lady who walked down the stairs to the first landing before disappearing.

My adult brain tells me I must have been dreaming. The house is nearly four centuries old. It backs onto a cemetery (which is raised about twelve feet higher than the garden, so the coffins would be about head height behind the wall separating the two). I was only about ten. I read a lot of horror books.

However, it was very real and I would still be hard pressed to dismiss the whole thing as a dream. Besides, there were plenty of places in the house that just didn’t feel right and where I would try not to go without company… and that was in the daytime.
http://www.apcu29.dsl.pipex.com/smilies/candle.gif

Jenni
15-Sep-03, 15:10
I am pretty sure there are ghosts living in my house. Well how else do you explain all the missing socks! And what about the kids untidy bedrooms? Whenever I ask them to tidy it up they reply with "it wasn't me". So I can only assume it was a ghost. :lol:

©Amethyst
15-Sep-03, 18:53
I didn't think my signature was topic of discussion on this thread.