PDA

View Full Version : What do you watch?

ShelleyCowie
20-Feb-09, 13:47
Well i know i watch quite a few programs but never realised how many until i actually thought about it! I watch the following:-

Scrubs, House MD, One Tree Hill, Battlestar Galactica, Heroes, Pushing Daisies, Corrie (im sorry lol), anything Gordon Ramsay (YUM), America's next top model, Shameless and skins.

Thats all i can think on just now but i am sure there are more! :confused

Gizmo
20-Feb-09, 13:59
My Name Is Earl, The Big Bang Theory, Still Game, Lost, Pushing Up Daises, Heroes, Mock The Week, QI, Have I Got News For You, Dispatches, Ross Kemp In Afghanistan. Two And A Half Men, King Of Queens, Mobsters, Panorama, Natural World.
I also watch loads of factual documentaries, nature/history/crime etc, i have a bit of a fascination with serial killers and the mafia so will watch any documentary about them.

I can't be bothered with soap operas and i detest 99% of reality tv, my worst nightmare would be being forced to watch anything that has Jordan & Peter Andre, Paris Hilton or Jade Goody in it.

anneoctober
20-Feb-09, 14:00
Om gosh, Shelley - where do I start?! Corrie/ wildlife docu's /supernatural ( LOVE guy who plays Dean!!)Taggart/frost/midsommer murders/merlin/strictly/dancing on ice/I'm a celeb................. SHELLEY - wake up !![lol]

Ash
20-Feb-09, 14:02
im hooked on greys's anatomy, king of queens, desperate housewives, the new 90210, eastenders, corrie, like shelley anything with mr ramsay, sadfully i enjoy the katie and peter shows, also love come dine with me and location location location, home and away and doctors :D:D

anneoctober
20-Feb-09, 14:06
My Name Is Earl, The Big Bang Theory, Still Game, Lost, Pushing Up Daises, Heroes, Mock The Week, QI, Have I Got News For You, Dispatches, Ross Kemp In Afghanistan. Two And A Half Men, King Of Queens, Mobsters, Panorama, Natural World.
I also watch loads of factual documentaries, nature/history/crime etc, i have a bit of a fascination with serial killers and the mafia so will watch any documentary about them.

I can't be bothered with soap operas and i detest 99% of reality tv, my worst nightmare would be being forced to watch anything that has Jordan & Peter Andre, Paris Hilton or Jade Goody in it.
Are YOU a member of e Org mafia Giz?:eek:
I like all the factual stuff too - but no e mafia!!

ShelleyCowie

Ah Gizmo u just named more of mine which i forgot in my super massive list!

To add - King of Queens, Mock of the week, Dispatches, and lots of documenteries! I am watching a medical one just now and guessed a diagnosis right (it was seepa) lol.

Love alot o comedians too, Bill Bailey, Dylan Moran, Lee Evans, Jason Byrne, Michael Macintyre etc etc...there is alot lol

dragonfly
good greif Shelley, do you have a lazy eye........so as you can keep one of them on the Org and the other on the TV???

I don't watch much tv (don't have that much time free) but I do like Shameless, Heroes & some real life documenturies and when i am in and its on watch corrie/eastenders but tend to pick up the story line along the way if I've missed some

Amy-Winehouse
20-Feb-09, 14:17
Corrie, Fishing on the edge, Wild fishing with Henry, Megastructures, Shameless, Skins, numerous films on Sky Movies, MTV two , Q music channel, Mafia documentaries, tonight at 5.30 Scotland: Edge of Land - I watched this the other day & it was Durness - John O groats, marvellous scenery from the Air, Hopefully we`ll get to see the dirty old town tonight :D.

minnie
20-Feb-09, 14:21
Home and Away,Neighbours,Hollyoaks,One Tree Hill,The new 90210,Prison Break(when its on) Eastenders, Cornation St,The Bill, Paris Hilton BBF.

Thats my ones i cant miss.:D

ShelleyCowie
20-Feb-09, 14:21
good greif Shelley, do you have a lazy eye........so as you can keep one of them on the Org and the other on the TV???

I have Sky+ ;)

ShelleyCowie
20-Feb-09, 14:22
Home and Away,Neighbours,Hollyoaks,One Tree Hill,The new 90210,Prison Break(when its on) Eastenders, Cornation St,The Bill, Paris Hilton BBF.

Thats my ones i cant miss.:D

Woop woop! A fellow one tree hill fan! :Razz They are playing re-runs just now but i still bawled like a baby when Keith died and when Payton got shot! :~(

dirtywicker
20-Feb-09, 15:11
Home and Away,Neighbours,Hollyoaks,ugly betty,Prison Break,Eastenders, corrie,The Bill, gorden ramsey aswell shelly again yumm lol,
mtv watch anything on there lol
almost forgot shameless(omg how could i)lol

Moonboots
20-Feb-09, 15:19
Where will i start!!!!!!!!!!

Ive got soo much programs... Just looking at my planner and jeepers i watch loads. I just dont know where i get the time to watch it all.

Heroes, Smallville, Supernatural, 24, Numb3rs, Shameless, Minder, Bones, Terminator - Sarah Connor Chronicles, Not Going Out, One Tree Hill, Hollyoaks, Lost, Hustle, A Town Called Eureka, Reaper, Nip/Tuck... Thats just in my planner at the mo.

Prison Break, Fringe, Desperate Housewives. They are more but cant think of any just now.

cuddlepop
20-Feb-09, 15:27
Watched Billy Connely lastnight and really enjoyed that,looking forward to the next 3 episodeds.
Taggart's on tonight and its not a repeat.

Love a good drama and really only watch Rivercity thats my soap fix.:D

Kodiak
20-Feb-09, 15:46
I will only list a few as there are just too many to list here :-

ReGenesis
Question Time
This Week
Cold Case
Bones
Grand Designs
CSI Las Vegas
CSI Maimi
Law & Order UK
Who do you Think You Are
MasterChef
University Clallange
Being Human
Time Team
Eggheads
Flog It
Ready Steady Cook

And lots, lots more. TV and the internet is all I spend money on for fun. Can't get out much so I watch TV.

hotrod4
20-Feb-09, 16:05
My faves are:
CSI
CSI New York
CSI Miami
Criminal Minds
Heroes
Numbers
My Name is Earl
Ghost Hunters (sad I know)
Sensing Murder
Girls of the Playboy Mansion

poppett
20-Feb-09, 16:17
Casualty & Holby City.

ShelleyCowie
20-Feb-09, 16:28
Ah how could i forget! I am a CSI fan! :Razz

Just watched the Billy Connely thing from last night, im not a fan of his comedy but the show was not too bad.

Moonboots i never had u down as a one tree hill fan!

emszxr
20-Feb-09, 16:36
golden balls
casualty
taggart
rebus
top gear
desperate housewives
silent witness

thats not a lot really seen as a lot of them are not on all the time.used to watch all the soaps but none now.

pops
20-Feb-09, 16:44
I love loads. My favourites are
One Tree Hill (I'm addicted! only started watching the last series on tv so had to borrow the dvds to watch the rest!)
Top Gear
Desperate Housewives
Lost
Heroes
Big Bang Theory
The Hills (yes sad i know! but i love it)
Hollyoaks
Gossip Girl
and Deadliest Catch

ShelleyCowie
20-Feb-09, 16:47
There are more One Tree Hill fans than i thought! I just cant get enough of it! And having Pete Wentz in it for a few episodes helped too! [lol]

pops
20-Feb-09, 16:49
I just love One Tree Hill. I can't wait for the next series to start! I'm totally addicted!

kriklah
20-Feb-09, 17:20
out of choice (like when i regain control of the remote and the kids are in bed!!) i watch - Lost, Two and a Half Men, Scrubs, Sex in the City......oh my god thats the only things i watch volutarily!! i gave up watching Stargate, as much as i love it (and lust after Richard Dean Anderson!!) due to noise polution(5 kids make a lot of noise) and i also have the lot on DVD anyway!!

however i am forced to watch - Spongebob Squarepants, Hannah Montana, Suite Life of Zack and Cody, Thats So Raven, Corrie in the House, Ben 10, Phineas & Ferb, Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy(actually i like that one), Peppa Pig, Wow Wow Wubbsy.....i could go on but you get the picture :P

Ash
20-Feb-09, 17:32
oh how could i forget sex in the city!!!!
also any peter kay things that are on and jimmy carr

i like horrid henry :D

Julia
20-Feb-09, 18:00
The only soaps I watch are...
Home and Away
Neighbours
Eastenders

Comedy..
Frasier
Everybody Loves Raymond
Have I got news for u
Qi
Tv Burp
You've been framed

Reality....
American Idol etc..
BB

Series....
Desperate Housewives
Fringe

Documentaries...
Sensing Murder
Trauma
48 hours
Animal Cops
Crime 360
Crime Scene Investigators
Any program/docu to do with crime, detection, murder, serial killers, forensics, it's my usual bedtime viewing!

Valerie Campbell
20-Feb-09, 19:16
Spooks is one I won't miss for anything! Also, I've watched Neighbours since it began, but gave up on Eastenders years ago. And 24 is just one heck of a rollercoaster ride!! I absolutely love it although would like to know how they all manage to stay awake and focussed...

joxville
20-Feb-09, 19:39
Top Gear, Formula 1,Grand Designs, Megastructures, Deal Or No Deal, Goldenballs, Countdown, Q.I., Mock The Week, H.I.G.N.F.Y., BBC News-especially with Fiona Bruce, Antiques Roadshow with Fiona Bruce, anything with Fiona Bruce, oMusic on Sky, Question Time, TV Burp, Film 4, This Week, Panorama, Who Do You Think You Are, W.W.T.Be A Millionaire, Desperate Housewives, Taggart, Rebus, Coast, Scotlands History, Anything with Billy Connolly. A long list but it depends on my shift and if I remember they are on, cos I don't often switch on the tv.

Can't stand reality tv, soaps or cooking shows-especially Gordon Ramsass.

ShelleyCowie
20-Feb-09, 19:52
Can't stand reality tv, soaps or cooking shows-especially Gordon Ramsass.

If u mean Gordon Ramsay....then hmph! :eek:

skinnydog
20-Feb-09, 21:40
Don't watch any soaps whatsoever but I do love CSI and CSI Miami, Dexter when it was on, Desperate Housewives - can't wait for next week. Used to love Prison Break and Lost but they just got too complicated. That is my lot I am afraid!!

Moonboots
20-Feb-09, 23:50
Crap i forgot about Dexter and Spooks.

Yeah shelley im a one tree hill fan... Now Peyton and Brooke.... what total babes..

ShelleyCowie
21-Feb-09, 00:10
Crap i forgot about Dexter and Spooks.

Yeah shelley im a one tree hill fan... Now Peyton and Brooke.... what total babes..

Im more a nathan and Lucas fan myself! lol! And just now Cooper is in it.

Are u not a rachel or hayley fan! [lol]

was bawlin (yet again) when Keith died! :~( How dare Dan!

Moonboots
21-Feb-09, 11:30
Im more a nathan and Lucas fan myself! lol! And just now Cooper is in it.

Are u not a rachel or hayley fan! [lol]

was bawlin (yet again) when Keith died! :~( How dare Dan!

Hayley is ok but Rachel is also a babe..
I just like brooke.. her voice just does it for me [lol]

Bazeye
21-Feb-09, 12:54
Did any orgers watch New Town earlier ths week, think it was on BBC 3 or BBC 4. Very strange.

squidge
21-Feb-09, 17:22
The Bill, How clean is your house, Lark Rise to Candleford, Balamory, Me Too, and thats about it.

percy toboggan
21-Feb-09, 17:41
Well i know i watch quite a few programs but never realised how many until i actually thought about it! I watch the following:-

Scrubs, House MD, One Tree Hill, Battlestar Galactica, Heroes, Pushing Daisies, Corrie (im sorry lol), anything Gordon Ramsay (YUM), America's next top model, Shameless and skins.

Thats all i can think on just now but i am sure there are more! :confused

I'm really quite pleased to admit I don't watch any of these programmes.
I have been known to keep an eye out for Monarch of the Glen & University Challenge & BBC 4's trans-atlantic sessions. There's nothing else I can think of that I'd not want to miss if I could help it. Connolly's new travel prog. was okay the other night. Good looking, interesting progs come up now and again but my life is not dominated by what's on television, because most of what's on is extremely disposable. Recent exceptions have been 'The Devil's Whore' and 'Wallender' - which were both very good viewing.

I should think 'Shameless' and 'Skins' are not really aimed at my ilk. From what I've seen and heard of those. They are aimed at a niche market but I'll leave it there.

I'm intrigued you like the cook Ramsay. He's foul mouthed when there is little need to be and resembles one of those Chinese dogs with folds of skin across their face - Shar-pei...that's it. There is nothing so curious as individual taste. Thank you for sharing yours.

gleeber
21-Feb-09, 18:05
There are a few things I automatically watch. Dads Army Dragons Den and some of the God channels just to renew my no faith and most news prgrammes.

ShelleyCowie
21-Feb-09, 18:12
I'm intrigued you like the cook Ramsay. He's foul mouthed when there is little need to be and resembles one of those Chinese dogs with folds of skin across their face - Shar-pei...that's it. There is nothing so curious as individual taste. Thank you for sharing yours.

Im not surprised your intreagued. Each to their own.

And im guessing you have the looks of Brad Pitt? George Clooney? Ben Aflek? Matt Damon? :confused

Thumper
21-Feb-09, 18:13
Top gear,Desperate housewives,Taggart,Ice road truckers,CSI,wildlife programmes,enders,Life of Riley,Come dine with me,probably loads more but thats all I can think of x

joxville
21-Feb-09, 18:13
Maybe this should also be posted in the photography section. Tonight is the first of a six part series on BBC2 called The Genius Of Photography. I'll be watching it, having an interest in the subject.

More info: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0084lk4

airdlass
21-Feb-09, 18:18
Don't watch very much telly - kids hog the remote:cool:
I like "Who do you think you are?" and music programmes on BBC 4.

balto
21-Feb-09, 18:25
oh my god where to start, corrie,eastenders,emmerdale, most of the reaility programs, health documentarys(discovery home and health),shameless, neighbours,home and away.cant think of anything else at the moment.

ShelleyCowie
21-Feb-09, 19:17
oh my god where to start, corrie,eastenders,emmerdale, most of the reaility programs, health documentarys(discovery home and health),shameless, neighbours,home and away.cant think of anything else at the moment.

Discovery home and health is one o my favourite channels! The OH dont like it when i am watching operations during dinner though..or someone giving birth! [lol]

percy toboggan
22-Feb-09, 00:52
Im not surprised your intreagued. Each to their own.

And im guessing you have the looks of Brad Pitt? George Clooney? Ben Aflek? Matt Damon? :confused

To be honest, looking at this subject again I'm surprised too.

I look like none of the people you mention. I'm far craggier and worn than any of them and nobody would pay to see me act, charm or emote. Unless they were very hard up indeed.

I can cook a meal without spewing forth a gobful of uneccesary expletives though and I don't look like a crumpled dog... yet (he opined) ...give it time.

Bobinovich
22-Feb-09, 01:11
Don't watch a lot - it's mostly on for background noise when I'm online! However given a choice I'll watch Bones, House, Cold Case, Star Trek (TNG or Voyager), Stargate (any), The Simpsons and, if the kids are here, Spongebob :D

Other than that I'll flick through Sky's music or film channels until I find something worth watching / listening to.

ellimac
22-Feb-09, 15:21
Don't get to watch a lot of TV due to my little one watching her programmes, but I do like to watch Corrie, Emmerdale, Dancing on Ice and especially Lost, I just love it and wait patiently till each new season comes on... But saying that I am still non the wiser to what is going on....Lol..... :confused There are a few others like Ugly Betty, Desperate Housewives, One Tree Hill, Heroes and Shameless that I like watching too... Thankfully they are on when the little ones are in bed and also thank heavens for Sky +.......... :D