PDA

View Full Version : I'm a stressed mum get me out of here.

balto
20-Feb-09, 12:53
Think i am going to go mad shortly, just moved house got 4 kids thankfully 2 of whom are at school but got a 3 year old and a 12 week old who are making it impossiable for me to get anything done, even simple things like general are hard to do, as the baby just wants to be with me the whole time and when i do manage to get him asleep the 3 year old wakes him, so i spend all day going round in circles, so anyone got any ideas of what i can do. please before they cart me of.

sam
20-Feb-09, 13:11
not trying to be funny lol, but if you give up the org for a bit surely you would find time

balto
20-Feb-09, 13:20
not trying to be funny lol, but if you give up the org for a bit surely you would find time
not wanting to give a smart answer, but i need to do something when i am feeding my baby and today it is like he is with me all day.

ShelleyCowie
20-Feb-09, 13:23

Maybe its her sanctury! ;)

Anyways...

Balto take it a bit at a time! It will get done! Us mums always pull it off! I have no idea how i manage to get things done!! Unfortunately i am itching to get washing on but not allowed cos the OH is still in bed, he was on night shift last night!

But amazingly thats all i have left to do today!

Have a brew....do a little bit at a time! ;)

The Angel Of Death
20-Feb-09, 13:30
Adoption problems solved ;)

sam
20-Feb-09, 13:30
when the baby is sleeping why not let your 3 year old help you.

ShelleyCowie
20-Feb-09, 13:35
Balto i just thought...we have got the opposite problem! I want something to do so just prodded at my son to see if he would wake up, no luck! Lol! He has been sleeping since like 1030. But saying that he sleeps alot!

And they say as children get older they are awake more....:confused Not with Athrun! He likes his sleep, gets that from his dad i think!! [lol]

balto
20-Feb-09, 13:36
when the baby is sleeping why not let your 3 year old help you.
hey think you better meet him before you say that lol.

balto
20-Feb-09, 13:38
Balto i just thought...we have got the opposite problem! I want something to do so just prodded at my son to see if he would wake up, no luck! Lol! He has been sleeping since like 1030. But saying that he sleeps alot!

And they say as children get older they are awake more....:confused Not with Athrun! He likes his sleep, gets that from his dad i think!! [lol]
i have got my one screaming just now, he ishaving one really bad day, and my daughters will be in for their luch soon, but on a plus side sitting room tidy.

sam
20-Feb-09, 13:41
if you have an empty room and a stairgate, put all his toys in that room and the stairgate on the door and let him play till his hearts content, failing that rent him out for folk who are thinking of having kids, could be a good advert for contraception lol;) :lol:

ShelleyCowie
20-Feb-09, 13:41
i have got my one screaming just now, he ishaving one really bad day, and my daughters will be in for their luch soon, but on a plus side sitting room tidy.

Thats it Balto, one room at a time! ;)

I mind when me and the OH was doin a major clear out of the house when i was about 3 1/2 months pregnant, it took us ages but we got there! Got boys bedroom painted too. It was something like 75 black bags of pure rubbish we threw out, never realised we had so much to bin! Lol! But it was one room at a time! :Razz

Athrun has never really been a screaming child. He would rather giggle and fart than cry most the time! lol. I consider myself lucky and dont take it for granted though.

Moonboots
20-Feb-09, 15:01
Think i am going to go mad shortly, just moved house got 4 kids thankfully 2 of whom are at school but got a 3 year old and a 12 week old who are making it impossiable for me to get anything done, even simple things like general are hard to do, as the baby just wants to be with me the whole time and when i do manage to get him asleep the 3 year old wakes him, so i spend all day going round in circles, so anyone got any ideas of what i can do. please before they cart me of.

Keep your legs shut and dont have anymore [lol]

On a serious note. Theres never enough hours in a day to get everything done. You must have managed before since you have 2 that are at school.

I know kids can be a handfull.. Ive got 2 but thank goodness they are at school now.

I cant really say what can help apart from doing what sam has said. Kids love to play and wil even just play with a cardboard box lol..

cuddlepop
20-Feb-09, 15:09
Stop being so hard on yourself.
You've just had a baby and moved house,I think that deserves a medal .:D

Seriously whats the rush?

As long as there are no immediate threats to life and limb relax,chill,enjoy....I'll just go and pop the kettle on and we can have a cyber cup of tea together.:D

I'm sure ShelleyB can hear the biscuit tin being opened.:lol:

ShelleyCowie
20-Feb-09, 15:18
Stop being so hard on yourself.
You've just had a baby and moved house,I think that deserves a medal .:D

Seriously whats the rush?

As long as there are no immediate threats to life and limb relax,chill,enjoy....I'll just go and pop the kettle on and we can have a cyber cup of tea together.:D

I'm sure ShelleyB can hear the biscuit tin being opened.:lol:

I was sitting feeding my son, yet something drew me back to the org, did you say biscuits?! lol

cuddlepop
20-Feb-09, 15:23
I was sitting feeding my son, yet something drew me back to the org, did you say biscuits?! lol

We can have hobnobs,digestives,rich tea,they were all on special offer 2pks for £1.00 in the coop or Rocky's they were 59p for 6.....:lol:

I'll make milky coffee aka latte with my new frothymaker,that'll keep warm Balto's nodded off.:eek:

marlyn
20-Feb-09, 16:29
Balto

I can fully empathise with you - we last moved house when my youngest was 7 weeks old and the oldest was 3. It was awful! You have to just give yourself small tasks and not get stressed if the house is not as tidy as usual, it is only for a short time. When my youngest was little she was a nightmare, rarely slept needed to be in my arms the whole time and just so unhappy and uncontented, now I look back (she is almost 4) and can honestly say that I don't remember very many happy times from when she was tiny - I look back at photos and can't remember her actually smiling - but she must have.

I only just unpacked my final box about 9 months ago! and now we are moving again so had to start the repacking.

As long as everyone is fed and got on clean clothes that is all that matters.

Edited to say:- she is a happy wee girl now and smiles all the time - blooming monster too when she wants to be !!

ShelleyCowie
20-Feb-09, 16:30
We can have hobnobs,digestives,rich tea,they were all on special offer 2pks for £1.00 in the coop or Rocky's they were 59p for 6.....:lol:

I'll make milky coffee aka latte with my new frothymaker,that'll keep warm Balto's nodded off.:eek:

Mmmmm biscuits! yummy!

Im actually really hungry but have no idea what to eat! I had a chippy last night, and i swear i cud o eaten another 5!! :eek:

The Angel Of Death
20-Feb-09, 16:37
You must have hollow legs either that or worms

Heaven forbid you get locked in a biscuit factory at night there would be bloody none left

ShelleyCowie
20-Feb-09, 16:56
You must have hollow legs either that or worms

Heaven forbid you get locked in a biscuit factory at night there would be bloody none left

Well my hollow legs and worms are about to be fed 2 cheese toasties! :Razz I know i am still going to be hungry though! :(

balto
20-Feb-09, 16:58
Mmmmm biscuits! yummy!

Im actually really hungry but have no idea what to eat! I had a chippy last night, and i swear i cud o eaten another 5!! :eek:
my god where do you hide it lol, there is nowt on you lol.

ShelleyCowie
20-Feb-09, 17:03
my god where do you hide it lol, there is nowt on you lol.

I have no idea but i never stop eating! lol. I love food...cant get it in ma mouth fast enough! [lol]

The Angel Of Death
20-Feb-09, 18:04
Worms for deff i'd say

mums angels
20-Feb-09, 18:11
Maybe invest in a playpen and a good playgym for the little one and make him learn to entertain himself for a little while on his own , i also have four kids and this is what i did with my little one from 3 weeks old , she still got loads of cuddles but she learnt quickly to enjoy herself for ages in the playpen as i cleaned , prepared dinner etc and i knew she was safe away from my 3 year old at the time and then during her nap times i had one on one time with the 3 year old and time for a cuppa .

As for the three year old he is old enough to follow rules and help out abit or even at a push would he be distracted by a favourite tv show or coulouring in for half an hour ? Good luck but i wouldn't let it get to you too much it will get done in the end

ShelleyCowie
20-Feb-09, 18:58
Worms for deff i'd say

Worms are a possibility!

I have a 9" pizza in the oven, 2 toffee star pastrys and peanut M&M's til tide me over til its cooked! [lol]

The Angel Of Death
20-Feb-09, 22:09
See when you explode i wanna be there just to see how much mess there will be

skinnydog
20-Feb-09, 22:16
If you are still feeding your wee one then you will be able to eat what you want, and more. I remember when I was feeding mine I had the appetite of a horse and was packing huge platefuls of grub down me and still looked like a racing whippet!!

TBH
20-Feb-09, 22:20
Think i am going to go mad shortly, just moved house got 4 kids thankfully 2 of whom are at school but got a 3 year old and a 12 week old who are making it impossiable for me to get anything done, even simple things like general are hard to do, as the baby just wants to be with me the whole time and when i do manage to get him asleep the 3 year old wakes him, so i spend all day going round in circles, so anyone got any ideas of what i can do. please before they cart me of.Prioritise what's important and concentrate on that, the rest can wait.
Try to get the baby asleep in a room away from everyone. Use baby monitors so that you can hear when he/she awakes.
Make clear to the toddler that he does not go into the room while the baby is sleeping. If he continues to play up then threaten to sell him, this may, will, traumatise him but it should do the trick.:lol:

ShelleyCowie
20-Feb-09, 22:26
See when you explode i wanna be there just to see how much mess there will be

Haha yeah it will be messy eh! [lol]

Just cant seem to stop eating! Disna matter what i eat, i just never get full. And am no putting weight on! lol!

Julia
21-Feb-09, 00:11
What about using a sling or baby carrier, that way you can get on with your bits 'n' bobs and the baby will still be happy too.

Alice in Blunderland
21-Feb-09, 00:37
I agree a playpen is a great thing lots of toys in it :) do try to settle baby in a seperate room from everyone and give the three year old mummy time and playpen time.

Its hard and you have had a lot to do lately. Try not too let it bother you too much and in time the housework will be taken care of. Take one day at a time and dont tire yourself out. It will all fall into place :)

The housework isnt a priority ....you and the kids are. Once they are settled you will find more time for other wee jobs around the house. Been there and at the time was on my own with five not easy but manageable.;)

balto
21-Feb-09, 18:27
thanks for all your advice, hopefully it will get better.