PDA

View Full Version : Need a checker

Tugmistress
18-Feb-09, 15:34
Would somebody like to check out my new gallery (http://paula-gent.mycanvasgallery.com) please?

let me know what you think.

i only have control over what pics i add though.

wifie
18-Feb-09, 15:39
What would you like checked?

Tugmistress
18-Feb-09, 15:42
My Spelling mostly please wifie, i have no idea how to urquhart /urqart /urqhart etc lol
or ideas for better titles than shown. :D

bothyman
18-Feb-09, 15:44
It may be just me but I think the pictures are rather small .
if they were larger you could see more detail..

Urquhart you missed a U

plutonio
18-Feb-09, 16:04
Great photo's, would be better if larger.
Also the cable layer ship is actually a reeled pipe layer Skandi Navica.

Tugmistress
18-Feb-09, 18:17
Great photo's, would be better if larger.
Also the cable layer ship is actually a reeled pipe layer Skandi Navica.

just click on a photo and use the zoom feature and you get full size :)
yeah i know it's taken when it was skandi navica - it's now subsea navica! but thanks for telling me exactly what it does, cable layer was a guess lol :lol:

bothyman
18-Feb-09, 18:29
just click on a photo and use the zoom feature and you get full size :)

I tried that and it came up in sections the same size as the original window ???? but I couldn't see it all at once ??????????:roll:

ShelleyCowie
18-Feb-09, 18:29
Very nice pictures tugs! ;)

Tugmistress
18-Feb-09, 18:33
ok bothyman, i'll get in touch and see if the window size can be increased any as it seems quite a common thought :D

Sage
18-Feb-09, 21:00
You may have just posted what I was looking for! is it a facility for ordering canvas prints? - I've been looking for somewhere to perhaps sell my fractal artwork - not photos though.

Your gallery is lovely by the way :D

Mystical Potato Head
18-Feb-09, 22:22
Fabulous photos and such a varied selection too.

Tugmistress
19-Feb-09, 01:00
Thanks for the nice comments folks, bothyman - i've put in a request and this is the reply i got -
the main problem is that the images are rendered into 3d with a drop shadow in real time. This is cpu-intensive and a larger image would have a detrimental effect on performance. I take your point however and I will see if it is possible to create an intermediate sized non-dynamic image that will show the image larger and without the performance problem.

Boss
19-Feb-09, 01:10
The pictures are great, there are programmes whereby, the recipient can use to zoom in,
I like most of your pictures, but I feel (just my opinion) that I would like to learn a little history behind the picture and what you, yourself feel when taking the picture?

There are many good pictures on this site and indeed on your own site, but there is little or no detail as to the picture, if you know what I mean? and I feel that this is a shame really, because, people just don't buy pictures for buying sake, they want to know what is behind that particular picture, or at least I do,
every picture, tells it's own story with a little help from the person taking the picture.;)

Tugmistress
19-Feb-09, 01:16
Hi Boss,
there's no facility to do that on this new gallery site, but i can add details on my own website gallery, i guess i've just been lazy not adding details lol i promise i'll make a start through them tomorrow and add descriptions and whatever else i can think of just for you ;)

bothyman
19-Feb-09, 09:58
Thanks for the nice comments folks, bothyman - i've put in a request and this is the reply i got -
the main problem is that the images are rendered into 3d with a drop shadow in real time. This is cpu-intensive and a larger image would have a detrimental effect on performance. I take your point however and I will see if it is possible to create an intermediate sized non-dynamic image that will show the image larger and without the performance problem.

Well that's what I was thinking ??
Well I would have done if I knew what it meant:roll:.

Very Nice Pictures, but it would be better if they were bigger so people could see them more clearly.
But I suppose if you don't set it up correctly people will be able to print them out themselves.
Which is not what you want.:(

Tugmistress
19-Feb-09, 10:17
Well that's what I was thinking ??
Well I would have done if I knew what it meant:roll:.

Very Nice Pictures, but it would be better if they were bigger so people could see them more clearly.
But I suppose if you don't set it up correctly people will be able to print them out themselves.
Which is not what you want.:(

haha basically it means that the server will 'slow down' and take ages for things to load if the thumb nails are much bigger with them being able to give you a 3d picture including shadows - what he's going to work on is a 2d larger thumbnail - i think :roll:

davie
19-Feb-09, 12:03
You have some very impressive pics there - for a mere woman !

Tugmistress
19-Feb-09, 12:14
You have some very impressive pics there - for a mere woman !
Thank you - i think lol
you just wait Davie ;) i'm a woman of many talents ;)

Scout
19-Feb-09, 13:41
I love it tuggs. Some really cracking shots of Caithness

tjc
19-Feb-09, 18:20
Some lovely shots there Tugmistress.

The only thing I`d say is what`s been said already...

Could do with the pics being a bit bigger... easier to view that way.

Apart from that it`s cool... :cool:

Boss
19-Feb-09, 19:09
Hi Boss,
there's no facility to do that on this new gallery site, but i can add details on my own website gallery, i guess i've just been lazy not adding details lol i promise i'll make a start through them tomorrow and add descriptions and whatever else i can think of just for you ;)

Tugmistress, I am honoured.
You are sweet, thank you.;)

North Light
20-Feb-09, 11:14
Tugmistress,

It looks good, has a good clean and simple layout.
It is a pity that the expanded view does not produce a larger image and if you add to the descriptions, I would be tempted to keep the short titles on the thumbnails, and add the full description to the expanded view if thats possible.

Average
20-Feb-09, 15:43
I would say you need to thin it out a bit. This site will reflect your talent and will go along way to building your reputation. The are some very good shots but by the same measure there are some which are not of the same standard and their presence reflect badly on the others. You need to be really ruthless in you editing as well as completely honest with yourself. I my opinion its better to have five or six stunning images than 50 so so ones.