PDA

View Full Version : Data Recovery?

ciderally
12-Feb-09, 13:10
Anyone know how to retrive from digital camera/card ...:~( all my potos gone...have been told that they can still be got ...is this right?

blueivy
12-Feb-09, 13:22
Anyone know how to retrive from digital camera/card ...:~( all my potos gone...have been told that they can still be got ...is this right?

Try this (http://www.dtidata.com/usb_external_hard_drive_data_recovery.htm). It has worked in the past.

Remember that if you are saving the recovered files, don't save them back to the card until you have EVERYTHING off of it.

RIR
12-Feb-09, 14:56
Hallo

I have also had results with this: http://www.pcinspector.de/Sites/smart_recovery/info.htm?language=1

Ian.

ciderally
12-Feb-09, 16:09
thanks folks i will give it a go ....fingers crossed..xx

EDDIE
12-Feb-09, 23:54

yes u can retieve them back what happens when u delete any file on any hardrive or card is the file once deleted its then hidden in the free space of the harddrive or card its only deleted from your view thats all its still there.
If the photos are important to u it might be an idea to get someone that knows what they are doing to remove them in case you damage the file while trying to recove them.

blueivy
13-Feb-09, 16:37
yes u can retieve them back what happens when u delete any file on any hardrive or card is the file once deleted its then hidden in the free space of the harddrive or card its only deleted from your view thats all its still there.
If the photos are important to u it might be an idea to get someone that knows what they are doing to remove them in case you damage the file while trying to recove them.

Just to clarify. The files are marked as deleted in the table that keeps a map of files (the FAT) but as the space they took up is now available for use, the files could be overwritten at any time so you can't rely on the files still being there.

Having said that is sounds like the FAT may be damaged on this card which would mean the files are still there as nothing else has been written to it.