PDA

View Full Version : BLUE_POOL_CALLER Problems

flowertot
12-Feb-09, 11:10
Can anyone please help with the above problem. When my computer goes into standby mode and you go to go and use it again a blue screen appears saying that windows had experienced the above and is crash dumping!!!

What can I do to resolve this problem??

Thanks

blueivy
12-Feb-09, 11:24
Can anyone please help with the above problem. When my computer goes into standby mode and you go to go and use it again a blue screen appears saying that windows had experienced the above and is crash dumping!!!

Thanks

When it comes up with the Blue Screen you will need to note the error number and the module / driver that is causing it. That will help pinpoint the problem.

Alternatively you could email me the crashdump and I can take a look at it.

Boss
12-Feb-09, 11:31

Thanks

Am hoping someone can answer this post because I have two computers doing the same.
One of mine crashed, deleting everything as it went, I tried to repair using the original set up disk but it would'nt work.
I tried to completely renew the whole set up, and it won't do it.
This computer has XP Professional, the computer tells me it needs a service pack 2 to set up (it didn't need this before).
I emailed microsoft who informed me they don't sell this service pack 2, and that I should contact America,
America says you can download it free of charge, I tried, but had to download via another computer, but the other computer has Vista, and Vista won't open so that I can burn to disk,

Short of bringing a technician, who are expensive, I am left with two computers, neither of which is in a usuable state,
and are only showing the dreaded blue page.
I wish you luck with yours.

blueivy
12-Feb-09, 11:34
Am hoping someone can answer this post because I have two computers doing the same.
One of mine crashed, deleting everything as it went, I tried to repair using the original set up disk but it would'nt work.
I tried to completely renew the whole set up, and it won't do it.
This computer has XP Professional, the computer tells me it needs a service pack 2 to set up (it didn't need this before).
I emailed microsoft who informed me they don't sell this service pack 2, and that I should contact America,
America says you can download it free of charge, I tried, but had to download via another computer, but the other computer has Vista, and Vista won't open so that I can burn to disk,

Short of bringing a technician, who are expensive, I am left with two computers, neither of which is in a usuable state,
and are only showing the dreaded blue page.
I wish you luck with yours.

I have umpteen copies of Service Pack 2 here. Drop me a PM with your address and whether XP is 32 / 64 bit and I will send you a copy of Service Pack 2 on CD.

flowertot
12-Feb-09, 14:10
When it comes up with the Blue Screen you will need to note the error number and the module / driver that is causing it. That will help pinpoint the problem.

Alternatively you could email me the crashdump and I can take a look at it.

Where do I find the crash dump?? So that I can email it to you

blueivy
12-Feb-09, 14:56
Where do I find the crash dump?? So that I can email it to you

They will be in C:\Windows\PChealth\ErrorRep\UserDumps and will have the extension of .mdmp (if there are none of these, ZIP up the latest .hdmp file and send that).

I will PM you my email address.

jazzyr1
12-Feb-09, 23:06
are you sure its not bad_pool_caller,if it is this might help,http://www.pcfixreview.com/bad-pool-caller/bad-pool-caller-fix/. (http://www.pcfixreview.com/bad-pool-caller/bad-pool-caller-fix/.)
tho the last machine that it happend to me on kept rebooting with that bsod and error message,it eneded up being formatted/reinstalled,hope this helps

Boss
13-Feb-09, 11:45
I have umpteen copies of Service Pack 2 here. Drop me a PM with your address and whether XP is 32 / 64 bit and I will send you a copy of Service Pack 2 on CD.

So many thank you's do not express the appreciation I feel right now, will pm you right now.
:Razz